Army Thread 16 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 16 November

Bad seafood has awful repercussions but would have thought you would taste a dodgy one. Unless there was tons of garlic and you wolfed them down....
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

one2many;1005036 wrote: Not into Choc in a big way, more of a savoury girl...
      Me too believe it or not. Only really started eating sweet stuff in recent year or so. Contrary to what I post I honestly dont eat that much of it. For instance I have the same pack of choccy bickies with about four left since I moved in nearly a month ago and I was sharing them, though obviously not that much :H Did have a bar of bournville last week but polished off the last two squares last night....
      Love olives, cheeses, pickled veg, indian pickled lemon, chilli peppers etc.

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

KTAB;1005026 wrote: I eated up all me dinner so I did.

Here I found out what Coco nutcase has been up to:
        RT?.ie Extra Video - RT? News PlayerKTAB, that was so cute. Penguins are among my favourite creatures. Aren't they just too cute...:happyheart:

one2many;1005028 wrote: Stirly!! You must have read my mind lol, I did have chipper thoughts a few mins ago but I did have healthy food today..

Breakfast, boiled egg and wholemeal toast

Lunch Wild Mushroom Bruschetta with red onion, tomato and spinich

Dinner ...Steamed baby potatoes, home made meatballs, Broccoli and carrots.

Not I was having "I have been so good ..I deserve a treat" thoughts.

Ava is GRAND today...nearly drove me mad actually fighting with her sister, back to school 2moro!OMG, your menu sounds fantastic. I'll be there tomorrow for lunch. But we'll have to order another chipper. Frankly I love fish and chips and rarely eat it because of the fried batter and such. Here they serve it with a garlic sauce "scordalia" that is to die for. And with "greens" for a salad which I also love. This recipe sounds about right but you could adjust the amounts of garlic and vinegar to your liking.
        Garlic Sauce (Scordalia)

Zenstyle;1005029 wrote:
        Yoo Hoo! Greetings from my sick bed. Feeling a bit better in all honesty... looks like I may be ready for some scram soon. Two cups of green tea have stayed put.

And Sean's blood glucose is down to 100. Poor wee bugger's knackered though... sleeping his head off.
        Glad to hear that both you and puddy tat are feeling better. How do you test his blood sugar. With a prick test. (pin prick, Zennie )

KTAB;1005040 wrote:
        Bad seafood has awful repercussions but would have thought you would taste a dodgy one. Unless there was tons of garlic and you wolfed them down....
        That's probably what happened.
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

Ohhh Stirls, this looks GORGEOUS!!

I HATE Bournville Ktab, see I don't even like healthy choclate..
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

I like the sound of that too. Ever tried roasting garlic in its skin, when cooked it some out soft and you can squeeze it out and add it to whatever recipe you are doing. Gives it extra roast flavour.
            Stirly is that mushroom burger an online recipe or one of your own? I would like to try it. Cant figure how you could grate mushrooms though, do they not just come apart in chunks?

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

I have ridiculously high energy levels today, cycled 22kms and then didn't sit down all day finishing up with a 40 min walk with my dog, only 2 cups of coffee (my usual is 4) so it's not the caffeine but I'm still buzzing!
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

Must be lurve baby :alf:

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

Chillgirl;1005057 wrote: I have ridiculously high energy levels today, cycled 22kms and then didn't sit down all day finishing up with a 40 min walk with my dog, only 2 cups of coffee (my usual is 4) so it's not the caffeine but I'm still buzzing!
                  I agree, it must be love!! High on energy and high on life.

I went out with a botanist once...most BORING fecker that ever walked the face of the earth....used to make my teeth ache talking about feckin flowers and poxy plants and the FLORA AND THE FECKIN FAUNA.....Actually I was very depressed when I was going out with him and had no energy..:H:H

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

KTAB;1005026 wrote: I eated up all me dinner so I did.

Here I found out what Coco nutcase has been up to:
                    RT?.ie Extra Video - RT? News Player
                    That would be dead cute but for one thing: They appear to be real penguins. :no:
                    Coco

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

KTAB;1005054 wrote: I like the sound of that too. Ever tried roasting garlic in its skin, when cooked it some out soft and you can squeeze it out and add it to whatever recipe you are doing. Gives it extra roast flavour.
                      Stirly is that mushroom burger an online recipe or one of your own? I would like to try it. Cant figure how you could grate mushrooms though, do they not just come apart in chunks?
                      Squeeze it out on little bits of toasted French bread spread with brie. OMG...
                      Coco

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

one2many;1005069 wrote: I agree, it must be love!! High on energy and high on life.

I went out with a botanist once...most BORING fecker that ever walked the face of the earth....used to make my teeth ache talking about feckin flowers and poxy plants and the FLORA AND THE FECKIN FAUNA.....Actually I was very depressed when I was going out with him and had no energy..:H:H
                        :H:H:H I can just picture your bored face!
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

one2many;1005069 wrote: I agree, it must be love!! High on energy and high on life.

Yeh but did he get ya in the bushes? :H:H:H

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

Zenstyle;1005050 wrote: Yep Stirls... I prick his ear with the end of a hypodermic and use a regular glucometer. I hate doing it though. I don't mind injecting him with the insulin but he goes bonkers when I stab his ear, poor feller... (

The addition of vinegar to that garlic sauce is vewwy interestink.... never tried that... (I think I'm getting hungry...)Poor little guy. I wouldn't like getting my ear pricked either. Actually I didn't know that cats get high blood sugar. Do dogs as well?

The vinegar adds a bit of a punch to the rest of the mixture. It really adds to the flavour in spite of the ton of garlic that is used. I like mine strong enough that my ears buzz when I eat it. Same with tzatziki...
                            KTAB;1005054 wrote: I like the sound of that too. Ever tried roasting garlic in its skin, when cooked it some out soft and you can squeeze it out and add it to whatever recipe you are doing. Gives it extra roast flavour.
                            Stirly is that mushroom burger an online recipe or one of your own? I would like to try it. Cant figure how you could grate mushrooms though, do they not just come apart in chunks?KTAB, I've never tried that roasted garlic but I've seen it on TV.
                            The mushroom burger recipe is mine. I use portobello mushrooms cause their large and firm and can be grated easily. I always peel them, then put them stem-side down on the grater. The size of grater is about 1/4 inch size holes. The size you would use to grate onions. For four three-inch burgers, I use three large mushrooms, one egg or two egg-whites and about 1/4 cup of rolled oats. I fry them in EVOO but you have to cook them at med-low on one side til they "set" and then flip them over or they will fall to pieces. Even then the first flip is tricky. If they come apart, just push the pieces back together and continue to cook until the mushrooms have given up their moisture which is absorbed by the oats and in the end, along with the egg, they all stick together...

Chillgirl;1005057 wrote:
                            I have ridiculously high energy levels today, cycled 22kms and then didn't sit down all day finishing up with a 40 min walk with my dog, only 2 cups of coffee (my usual is 4) so it's not the caffeine but I'm still buzzing!
                            KTAB;1005059 wrote:
                            Must be lurve baby :alf:
                            I think KTAB may have a point there.

I am so late in posting this. Now I'm gonna have to read back and post again...:upset:
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

Coco-Nut;1005071 wrote: That would be dead cute but for one thing: They appear to be real penguins. :no:
                              And your point is ?

Coco-Nut;1005073 wrote:
                              Squeeze it out on little bits of toasted French bread spread with brie. OMG...
                              Oh yeh baby now your talking my language :tonguemonkey:

Comment

Army Thread 16 November

KTAB;1005075 wrote: Yeh but did he get ya in the bushes? :H:H:H
                                He was even boring in that regard..all bramble and no poke..

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X