my new plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my new plan

after a few horrible serious binges in the last couple of months im just over a week AF and am getting a new plan together. its basically the same as i did when i got nearly 3 months sober
    1. dont give myself the option to drink. i dont drink today.
    2. take my meds and supps . campral. ad's. l-glut. b-vits... along with my cholesterol, back pain pills and of course my insulin for diabetes.
    keep my diabetes under control.... the ups and downs of blood sugar levels dont help with the drinking issues
    3. take gentle exercise.. walking the dogs and stretching.
    4.be gentle with myself... sleep or just do nothing when i need to and dont stress about things that need doing.... unless its really really important.
    5. spend lots of time on mwo, reading, reading and more reading.
    6.have lots of projects to hand, if and when i want to be busy.
    7. eat healthily.
    8. dont allow negative people or thoughts to get under my skin.
    9. be grateful and enjoy each wonderful sober day... especially the mornings (or whenever i wake up unhungover)
    10. read and add to my file of saved posts and inspirational thoughts from mwo.
    11. avoid situations where possible that will trigger drinking thoughts.
    12. talk lots to mr spuds about how i am feeling daily with regards to drink.

this is just a basic plan but hopefuly it will keep me on track.

yesterday i turned down some extra work.. just a few hours a week. i certainly need the extra money... but at what cost. i realised it was gonna stress me out and i really dont want that so... ok im still skint.... BUT IM SOBER.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

my new plan

Good plan Spuds...whatever it takes right??
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

my new plan

Good for you Spuds, 'whatever it takes' eh! Just also remember back to the beginning of the 3 months - it's tricky to get the first couple of weeks together - I remember feeling that if I had a drink there wasn't much to loose cos I didn't have much sober time - but every day you can struggle through 'white knuckle' whatever makes you stronger and stronger. I know you've done all this before - was there with you! - but sometimes it's easier to remember when it got 'easy' and not how tough (but so manageable) it can be at the beginning and be prepared for that.
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

my new plan

x-post Oney, 'whatever it takes' x 2!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

my new plan

moll, thats so true about the sober time. i had initially intended getting one week sober, then my big goal was a month..... and then try moderating (or have a mad binge). when i got to the month there was no way on this planet i wanted to even think about drinking and going through the hell of the first couple of weeks again. i think after my first 'slip' thats how i slowly drifted back into drinking more regularly.... oh its not that bad..... of course its that bad... thats how it started.
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

my new plan

Oh Spudulike,
            I like a duck with a plan. Whatever it takes x 3.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

my new plan

:lHey Spuds I'm so glad to see you back on your journey with renewed conviction.:l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

my new plan

awesome spud do what ever it takes to get you where you want to be in life ...
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

my new plan

Hi Spuds - your plan sounds well thought out, which reflects the fact that you're serious this time! Hope all goes well. It seems like you know what you need to do. I can't tell you how great I feel and how glad I am that I've stayed on track. Best of luck.

Choochie

Comment

my new plan

Very good plan! Good luck
                    Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X