My therapist has now fired me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guitarista;1005023 wrote: Hiya BTC. I just want to say hang in there, and you're not alone here.

Best wishes on your journey friend. G-bloke.
    Thanks G-bloke!

Now that my "therapist" is no longer a part of my life, all the weird things she said are coming back to me. In another conversation we were talking about my half-sister. My half-sister has a son by a man who was just a casual relationship. I was just talking to the therapist about how the man is still very involved in his daughter's life despite his relationship with my sister having never been serious. My therapist said, "That's really good because a lot of guys - especially black guys - just have kids all over the place and don't get involved with them."

I found that comment about "especially black guys" quite worrying somehow. (For the record the therapist is white and I am bi-racial. My sister's daughter's father is black.)
    Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

Hi Breaking the cycle,
      It sounds like it is a good thing that you are moving on from this experience. Quite honestly, I would not waste any more time or energy dwelling on what she said or did, because it really does nothing to help you. Let's hope that your new therapist can help you move through your very painful past and on to a brighter future! It takes a lot of work, but it can be done, and it is well worth the effort! Yes, I do understand this first hand!

Best Wishes,
      Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

breaking_the_cycle;1005027 wrote: Thanks G-bloke!

Now that my "therapist" is no longer a part of my life, all the weird things she said are coming back to me. In another conversation we were talking about my half-sister. My half-sister has a son by a man who was just a casual relationship. I was just talking to the therapist about how the man is still very involved in his daughter's life despite his relationship with my sister having never been serious. My therapist said, "That's really good because a lot of guys - especially black guys - just have kids all over the place and don't get involved with them."

I found that comment about "especially black guys" quite worrying somehow. (For the record the therapist is white and I am bi-racial. My sister's daughter's father is black.)
        The previously posted idea of forwarding her emails to the relevant professional body sound's good to me. You don't need to get involved any further, just let other's take it from there if they wish? Or just forget it all and move on? Either way, i think the most important factor here is you. You have to take care of you right now, and do whatever you need to do to do that. A clear, realistic, well thought out, and supported sobriety plan is a good first step. (Am i sounding like a drill seargant? )

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1005046 wrote: The previously posted idea of forwarding her emails to the relevant professional body sound's good to me. You don't need to get involved any further, just let other's take it from there if they wish? Or just forget it all and move on? Either way, i think the most important factor here is you. You have to take care of you right now, and do whatever you need to do to do that. A clear, realistic, well thought out, and supported sobriety plan is a good first step. (Am i sounding like a drill seargant? )
          What is a sobriety plan?:new:
          Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

BTC. Start reading here for some great info to get you thinking.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

I've got to shoot off now, but i know other folk will be along to point you in the direction. There is a thread here somewhere called 'What's your sobriety plan' by Doggygirl i think. That's a worthwhile read too.

L8tr gater, read, read, read, and take care.

Comment

breaking_the_cycle;1005063 wrote: What is a sobriety plan?:new:
                Here ya go https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                X