My therapist has now fired me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've already posted about my therapist and the problems I've had with her. Today she sent me an email telling me she is ending our 'relationship'. Here's what she wrote:

"I cannot allow this situation to go on as it is breaking my personal and therapeutic boundaries. You let me know that the Tuesday before last you would not be attending therapy and you said you were too anxious to leave the house but you still did not say whether you would attempt to attend the therapy session or not. I was left in limbo without knowing whether you were attending the session or not. I cannot allow this to go on as I have turned down short-term well-paid work only to find I could have used the slot allocated to you to earn a decent fee. Reluctantly, I believe we have reached the end of the road. I have now taken the decision to use the time for other purposes."
    Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

From what I've been reading, good riddance! :h

Comment

fennel;1004822 wrote: From what I've been reading, good riddance! :h
      Yeah, good riddance to the money-obsessed beyotch

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

The therapist needs a therapist and/or a moral compass. I hope you start looking for a better one immediately.:l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Part of me wants to tell you to copy it and submit it to the board accompanying a letter of complaint regarding her professional ethics. The other part wants me to tell you to let it go and move on. I hate it when all my parts start talking at once. What is your idea for best closure for you?
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

My thoughts exactly Greeneyes. Great question.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

greeneyes;1004831 wrote: Part of me wants to tell you to copy it and submit it to the board accompanying a letter of complaint regarding her professional ethics. The other part wants me to tell you to let it go and move on. I hate it when all my parts start talking at once. What is your idea for best closure for you?
              I'm not sure.

One thing I'm curious about is what are your (ie my MWO friends) thoughts on her email, to start with? Is it appropriate? What is the deal with her emphasizing the bit about the other gigs being well-paid?

Comment

SHE hilighted that?!?!? I thought you did.

It is highly unprofessional, inappropriate and ..... may be outside the guidelines of ethcial behavior. Hence the board. If you complain to the board about her treatment, you will be involved in the investigation of the appropriateness of her treatment and manner of release. By all means persue it if you think you will ulitmately benefit by it via closure or just the chance to speak and be heard. You sound like you might feel mistreated if not abused by her. I don't think stuff like this happens by coincidence and wonder if she reminds you of you of a person or pattern in your life that needs dealing with?
                sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;1004857 wrote: SHE hilighted that?!?!? I thought you did.
                  She highlighted it. It's an ongoing theme in our sessions together. She gave me a concession (ie ?25 per session instead of ?45) but then she kept mentioning the fact that I was getting a really good deal etc and in recent months she has said that she doesn't feel I am grateful for her cutting me a break like that or that I am 'acknowledging' it. So obviously her worst nightmare I guess it to turn down well-paid work.

greeneyes;1004857 wrote:

I don't think stuff like this happens by coincidence and wonder if she reminds you of you of a person or pattern in your life that needs dealing with?
                  Yes there is a pattern here. Maybe this is the Universe's way of making me finally deal with the pattern

Comment

breaking_the_cycle;1004859 wrote: Yes there is a pattern here. Maybe this is the Universe's way of making me finally deal with the pattern
                    sigpic

Comment

She is an unprofessional waste of skin who needs to be reported. How terrible that she treated you that way. She is in need of professional help. I am wth Greeneyes on all counts.
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

What a piece of work that woman is. Congrats on getting fired!

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                        - Vernon Howard

Comment

looks like you got a lot from the interaction with greenie btc!
                          hmmmm, ever thought of going into counseling people yourself greenie?!

stand up for yourself btc, you are worth it!

Comment

Topsy-Turvy-Tracy;1004866 wrote: Congrats on getting fired!
                            :thumbs::applaud:

Comment

Wagoneer;1004862 wrote: She is an unprofessional waste of skin who needs to be reported. How terrible that she treated you that way. She is in need of professional help. I am wth Greeneyes on all counts.
                              Here's another little gem from her from earlier this year. I was asked to write a magazine article about my childhood abuse stuff. I told the therapist about it. She said, great but..."what you really need to write about is how trauma survivors often can't hold down jobs and don't have the means to pay the going rate for therapy - and how us qualified therapists suffer as a result. That's what you ought to write about."

At the time I was really taken aback. What I should have said to her at the time was: WRITE YOUR OWN FUCKING ARTICLE THEN

Comment

Working...
                              X