Need to Vent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to Vent!

Why do some people never grow up (cliquey) and act as though they are still in High School!!!

DRVIES ME BONKERS!!!

:nutso:
    Sorry just had to vent!
    Two

Need to Vent!

Twosox - don't know why, but it is irritating when people want to group together to the exclusion of others - very immature. Not sure if you're just talking life in general??

Comment

Need to Vent!

Two, sometimes when someone new jumps in to an established thread it's that person who feels like the odd man out. I know I did. Had to keep jumping, landing on more than a few people's toes, till I became comfortable. Many threads have wonderful, caring people, who, given time, will become friends if we let them. But this is the human world, and there are always those who can't or won't accept differences in other people. It's their loss. I hope you find a place, join in, and stick with it till you feel at home.
      Ruby
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Need to Vent!

No idea what thread we are on about or if we're even on about a thread
        BUT
        *huge hugs* ignore them, in the end there will always be these type of people in the world, just laugh at them, feel sorry for the fact they feel the have to act the way they do.
        When thing like this piss me off i just remind myself... wouldnt it be a boring world if we were all the same!! Hope youre feeling better

Comment

Need to Vent!

What happened Twosox?
          Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

Need to Vent!

Sox, I totally get your frustration! I have never had any use for gossip and cliques. I have always looked at both a a place of false security for the insecure. As for MWO, it is not a place divided between the "caring" and the "uncaring". When you think of it, that very labeling process speaks to judgment and a lack of caring and compassion.

MWO is truly a wonderful place, filled with people from all walks of life, many countries and continents. Truly a blending of many cultures. The same is true of our experience with Alcohol, some are new at the very thought of sobriety, others have been living sober for quite some time. We have varying points of view and experience to share. Some need the security of a "home thread", others choose to join in where they find a conversation to be of interest. Some enjoy chat, others do not. Whatever your preference, you can find it here. Let the things, that annoy you just go...after all, the only one we answer to is ourselves!
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Need to Vent!

I'm sorry it has nothing to do with MWO, love this place and have always felt welcomed. It was just a group of so called women (children) from my son's football team that I am talking about. They are so freakin cliquey, it drives me crazy. It's only about 4 of them but still, GROW UP!!! It's fine though football season is over.

Thanks for letting me vent!
              Two

Comment

Need to Vent!

Good, Two, you're done with them for a while. Don't let anyone else put their dumb stuff on you, dear.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Need to Vent!

Wow, Twosox, exactly the same thing happened to me. I used to feel so lonely and left out on the sideline when my youngest was playing ball. The women were from the co untry area and I s'pose I was a 'townie' to them. They were horrible and it nearly seemed like bullying - I know EXACTLY what you mean!!
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Need to Vent!

twosox40;1007004 wrote: Why do some people never grow up (cliquey) and act as though they are still in High School!!!

DRVIES ME BONKERS!!!

:nutso:
                    Sorry just had to vent!
                    Two
                    I feel your pain. My brother can be such a prick at times.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X