Fitting in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitting in

Cross posted FB, See my response just above yours. Looks like we have alot in common!!:thumbs:
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

Fitting in

:goodjob: FB...I can't believe how relaxed and happy you sound when just 24 hours ago you were cautious and uncertain of yourself here at MWO. Your posts since then reveal a vibrant and focused woman with a good grip on your addiction and a great self-awareness. You've given us a glimpse of the Fighting Back spirit you obviously possess and have drawn those with similar interests to get to know you better.
      :welcome: to the more confident you, and I'll be happily watching your journey. Oh, and Chochie has a great thread on why it's so hard to stay off Al. I highly recommend it, not just to you, but to everyone. :l
      :h Mish :h
      sigpic
      Never give up...
      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
      Remaining a perpetual possibility
      Only in a world of speculation.
      What might have been and what has been
      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Fitting in

Thanks Mish, I guess I really did take on board the messages here. I feel a lot more comfortable posting than before, nothing is more important to me right now than staying sober, one sweet day at a time.

I have been keeping really busy and posting here if I get time on my hands, this is my second consecutive AL free weekend and that in itself is a real milestone for me.

Thank you so much for your kind words, I had to check again to make sure that was me you were talking about! :thanks: :l

Comment

Fitting in

:goodjob: FB on coping so well without alcohol, it takes a while until we are on firm ground and we are all at different stages in this battle. You have had some great advice from everyone and I echo everything that has been said. My sobriety is my first and only concern each and every day at the moment and I take it ODAT as that's the only way I can continue to remain AF, even though I will be 3 months AF this coming week I am only 1 drink away from disaster.

Use this site as your crutch and lean on the threads and people who you feel comfortable around and avoid the others ie I stay away from anything to do with moderation as much as I can as that is not a route I can go down. I need to remain calm and balanced so I dip into whatever I need and use the tremendous experience and knowledge of those further along their path.

I'm glad you feel better and more confident, hang in with us and gool luck on week 3

Dewdrop :h
          Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Working...
          X