Splenda Side Effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splenda Side Effects?

I'm curious to hear if anyone else has had side effects from sucralose/Splenda. Often when I've had cravings for alcohol, I've also felt that sugar would do the trick...But in an effort to avoid sugar, I've been using quite a bit of Splenda to sweeten foods. I think it may be the source of my frequently upset stomach. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm going to try a few days without it, and see if it helps, but I'd be interested to hear any thoughts on this sweetener. Do you think it's bad for us?
    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Splenda Side Effects?

SS it's poison for the brain and central nervous system according to my neurologist. I've cut right back on my Diet Coke, but I still drink it on occassion when I need a bit of a treat.
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Splenda Side Effects?

I have been using the half splenda/half sugar mix and it did not upset my stomach as much as the plain splenda. Trying not to use it at all though now. Somebody once told me that it effects your brain functions after a prolonged period. I certainly don't need any more impairment than I have already done to myself over the years!
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Splenda Side Effects?

Good info Mishy and Waggy. Get off all of the above. Use Agave, ground stevia or other form, xylitol or nothing. Last I heard spenda is one molecule away from sugar and has caused alot of SE's.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Splenda Side Effects?

Good idea for weening back Wagoneer. Many great choices for real sugar too!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Splenda Side Effects?

Thanks...Wow, poison to the brain??? I will get some Agave nectar tomorrow!
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Splenda Side Effects?

i don't have facts, i just feel like artificial sweeteners aren't good. i use the old stand by of honey when i need a little sweetness in my tea.

Comment

Splenda Side Effects?

Honey is ok but not good for hypoglycaemics really

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                X