Army Thread 22nd November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mollyka;1008742 wrote: I'd frigging hate to be a politician arriving at my door Mario --BASTARDS!!! That'll liven things up a bit. Right - Mario for Taoiseach ok. All ex-pollies pensions to be gone let them live on the dole for a year or two. Wowser I'm in great form now!!

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Quick lunchtime lurk,
      Cake iced, so are all the work tops, me and halfway up the kettle.

Camera being charged as I type.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

LMAO JC, Dying to see...
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hi all you lovely people!

Pops - What a sad sad story, how tragic that, thats how this girls life has turned out. My heart goes out to her it really does.

Oney - Why is Mario asking you how your toes are?!? Honestly the mind boggles!

Expat - great to have you back.

Im a bit out of sorts today, had a really odd conversation with my husband (yes actually we are still married) he says there is some big shit coming by way of debts he has and he is seeing his lawyer later this week to discuss how to divide up some stuff so I can avoid being bankrupt too. He says it will be like if he was going to die and all the loose ends will be tied up, I wondered whether he is thinking of doing something really stupid and before he does make sure im not left with the debts?? I think I know him well enough to say this wouldnt be possible but I dont know with all his drinking if he is maybe very depressed.....
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Jesus Chillers, that sounds a bit off to me......

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

But in saying that, you cannot carry this and worry about it....it will only drag you down hon x

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Chillgirl;1008776 wrote: Im a bit out of sorts today, had a really odd conversation with my husband (yes actually we are still married) he says there is some big shit coming by way of debts he has and he is seeing his lawyer later this week to discuss how to divide up some stuff so I can avoid being bankrupt too. He says it will be like if he was going to die and all the loose ends will be tied up, I wondered whether he is thinking of doing something really stupid and before he does make sure im not left with the debts?? I think I know him well enough to say this wouldnt be possible but I dont know with all his drinking if he is maybe very depressed.....
                Hiya, Chill :l

He probably just described it to you fairly clumsily.

When someone is sequestrated (i.e. declared bankrupt), any asset that forms part of his estate will be disposed of by the trustee to pay debtors. All he is trying to do is to ensure that anything that is due to you does not form part of his estate prior to that happening(hence the comparison to a deceased estate).

PM myself or JC if you need more info - I have a legal background and Mr. JC is a lawyer. The principles remain basically the same, regardless of which country you're in. E.g. how are you married: with a prenup or without?
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:hallo: Hiya again, Army

We managed to get home nice and early today. Mrs. T has taken the eldest to have a haircut - he was starting to resemble a Neanderthal...
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1008797 wrote:
                    When someone is sequestrated (i.e. declared bankrupt), any asset that forms part of his estate will be disposed of by the trustee to pay debtors. All he is trying to do is to ensure that anything that is due to you does not form part of his estate prior to that happening(hence the comparison to a deceased estate).
                    Oh Tips thank you so much, this maked perfect sense and makes me feel much better, we were married without a pre nup. He is a decent man in a mess and I believe he is trying to protect me.
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;1008801 wrote: Oh Tips thank you so much, this maked perfect sense and makes me feel much better, we were married without a pre nup. He is a decent man in a mess and I believe he is trying to protect me.
                      You see? :l:l:l

There are some things you need to check out and make sure of: e.g. if you own your house, in whose name is it registered. If it's rented, who signed the lease, etc etc. Just to make sure you are aware of all eventualities.
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thanks Tips
                        Unfortunately my house is mortgaged to the hilt and is solely in his name, he reassured me today that it has been taken care of with a bond he had and is safe for 12 months....
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

That's good to hear, Chill!

Really does sound like a good guy...
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Well done mr tips , glad for chillgirl. :-)

its great talking & listning to people who no what there talking about.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hiya, Zenny :l

Hello, Mario! Speaking of legal troubles - did you ever sort out that warrant for the case in Portugal?
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Just being able to confide in you guys means the world to me,
                                I have amazing friends but its a very small community and I dont want everyone knowing my business. There is also a huge desire by well meaning friends to want to judge my ex rather than advise just on the issues Im going through and its not helpful.

He is an alcoholic and until he is ready to admit it and quit he will continue to behave like a prat sometimes but I sympathize cause I bin there.....
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X