Army Thread 22nd November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KTAB;1009035 wrote: I understand that and I am sorry that you didnt but look at the positive effect it has had in the way you make things so special for your kids. You are giving them such lovely memories, a house full of love and that will stand to them in throughout their lives.
    We cant change the past but we can sure shape the future.
    BLOODY right! I reckon I am a lot happier now than lot of adults, so that in itself is good.

Thanks for your kind words Ktab xxxx I adore making things magic for the kids x
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Zenstyle;1009037 wrote: Well you know something my luv... that's something you can't change. So it's a question of coming to terms with it and letting it go. That's all that can be done. that, and don't let it jade you for a minute longer. I really think that holding accountability towards the adults that caused it is not a bad thing. My therapist had me hold my Ma accountable... and then forgive her. Just a thought... x
      Awhh I am not lamenting my past at ALL, sorry it sounded like that, I cannot ever change it but I think I am dealing with it, have no resentment anymore, I am far too busy with my own life to harbour feelings like that...funny, I only feel like that since I got sober..

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I think it's so sad when people talk about having unhappy childhoods My hubs had an appalling time as a kid, father alcoholic, mother a complete nutter and he reared his younger brother and sister, but like you Oney, he has learnt from all that and come out the other end.
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Sure our thinking is bound to change when the fog lifts and soggy brain dries out.
          I am pretty tired now, think I will take myself off to bed with my book. Night sweet ladies.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I was a sadsack when you met me Zenners lol...felt VERY sorry for myself and was still BLAMING.....

Twas EVERYONE else's fault that I drank too much....

I can identify with your hubby Mollers!

Nighters Katb me love x

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Certainly adversity turned out two nice people Oney!! Hi Zenny, D'ya know I think you're right, so many folks were miserable back in the day. We were like the 'Waltons' except we weren't , we were just supposed to look like that - sad or what!! Night night anyhows,
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Yeah but I spend at least 10 years before that being sad too Zenners, so it was a long time coming!!

Awwhh thanks Molly, you have a good sleep hon x

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                X