Be careful what you wish for.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been offline for several months, through no fault of my own.

I`ll be a whole 3 yrs.sober this coming January and I am still glad that I quit, only.......hold the congratulations. Suffered a nervous breakdown several months back.......am agoraphobic.......can only get as far as the local grocery store for necessities when doped up on valium/diazepam from my G.P.........God knows how I`ll cope when she stops giving me them.................

I drank to soothe all the past hurts in my life and I think that is why so many are afraid to quit........it`s sometimes not pretty when sober.

I was never much of a one for religion, but I now seek comfort from my interpretation of God and ask Him to help me find the courage I know lies within myself to become well again.

As for now, I am sadly broken. I am so very ill. Please pray for me.

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Sorry to hear you are so sick star, i will certainly put you in my prayers & thoughts.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

First of all, congrats for your upcoming 3 years, Star.

Secondly, I am sorry you are suffering so dearly. That is a horrible condition to have. I know of someone who suffers the same. He lives like a prisoner in his own home/head.

It is nice to see you here. I will say a prayer for you. :l

Comment

sending you hugs and prayers and just keep on doing your best girl
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Star, there are things that push us towards 'alternative' sources of soothing ourselves. You are NOT alone in this. We are individuals, we find our way out individually. I know you have suffered, and giving up AL has forced you to face this. Just know, you don't have to be like everyone else and here. You had a different life. You suffered your own pain. I would love to take you up and make it better, but I can't. But there are so many people here who want to help you find YOUR path. It CAN be done. The past is that - the past. You've been searching a long time, and you deserve some respite. Let's work on today, and dealing with your demons if you need too. Remember, hon, you are an adult. You can now walk away, and build your own future. Let the others deal with their sins. You don't have that, though it's hard to walk away from. Heal thyself. Let the others worry about their own.
          I'm so happy to see you once again posting here. You have a lot to overcome, but this is YOUR life. Don't let your past taint it. I didn't (except where I was so careful my children didn't experience it.) So, guess what?? They have complaints today about my behavior. :H We each have our our own problems, traumas, but overcoming them is the key to our growth, happiness.
          Again, you're doing a wonderful job, staying clean and sober. I've missed you, luv!!
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Sending healing thoughts, prayers and support your way! X X O O
            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Hiya Star!

Thinking of you. C'mon on, you can get better.

All the best to you. xx

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thinking of you star.... there are lots of alternative healing modalities out there now in terms of energy work. Keep your eyes and heart open.. you'll find a way. :h
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Star, I'm pretty new here (49 days AF) so you haven't been on the boards since I joined. Just wanted to send you a hug and healing vibes.

Choochie:l

Comment

Hi Star...so happy to "see" you and so pleased for your sobriety, but am heartsick at your suffering.

I too suffered from anxiety and near agorophobia many years back. I tried bio-feed back and it worked for me. I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but it did the job for me. If you have an opportunity to check it out, I strongly recommend it.

My prayers go out to you...you were always here for everyone. We miss you.

R2C
                    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                    :h

Comment

GREAT to see you Star, hang in there honey, you will find what works.Thinking of you xx
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I am so sorry to hear the news, sending my thoughts and prayers out.
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

(((Star)))

Honey I have missed you tons!!!:l:l Get on chat once in a while if you can, I still go occasionally. Joe and I just got back from Ireland and I met a lot of folks from MWO. It was a blast.

Stick around and post hon. Your crazy friend....

Comment

Hi Star. I, too had a nervous breakdown and spent three weeks unable to come out from under a blanket, then gradually overcame that fear but couldn't leave the house. Gradually I challenged my comfort zones and expanded my horizons enough to go to the shops (with my daughter). It took many months before I could venture out on my own, but eventually I became more confident. Years later I still have to push myself to go out, but it's less terrifying and once I'm out I'm usually okay.
                            Agorophobia is frightening but if you can just try to push the boundaries a little at a time you will get there. Don't push yourself to overcome it too quickly, but just take it at your own pace (without letting yourself be controlled by the fear).
                            I wish you success. :l:l:l
                            :h Mish :h
                            sigpic
                            Never give up...
                            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                            Remaining a perpetual possibility
                            Only in a world of speculation.
                            What might have been and what has been
                            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

I will be praying for you Star!

Comment

Working...
                              X