AF BOOT CAMP DAY 11 (@!#*)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss Behaving;1009098 wrote: OMG that room is scary!!!!

Back on track here Sarge after I succumbed to the delights of Melbourne last week. Up early for a good hours workout this morning, and back into my regular eating habits.

Best news of the week sir is that while I was away one of my colleagues replaced the tiny little beer fridge that we all keep our lunches in, and bought a decent sized fridge freezer. So went out yesterday and filled it with fresh fruit and vegies, and today I bought a stick blender so I can have fruit smoothies for breakfast after my workouts.

And it is now light enough for me to cycle to work in the mornings, starting tomorrow!!

Well Missy GREAT NEWS. I knew you would bounce right back. Make sure your including some whey protein in those smoothies. BTW, I wouldn't mentioned fridge/freezer around that Frog woman unless you got a 'full metal jacket" with you. She's a bit hot under her frogskin. Now me know about your smoothie combinations. I'm always interested. NOW GO DO IT MISSY!!!
    Attached files [img]/converted_files/1435658=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Zenstyle;1009083 wrote: Private Zenners can defo say that L-Glut helps with carb/food/AL cravings. And an Amino Blend is indispensable. I hate to be the sick person in this group, but I chuck all the vitamins and supplements in the blender now... with some tomato juice or V8... and chug it and I swear they metabolize better. I know, its gross... TMI!

SORRY SARGE SIR!
      Good idea there Zenners:goodjob:
      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

techie;1009105 wrote: Well Missy GREAT NEWS. I knew you would bounce right back. Make sure your including some whey protein in those smoothies. BTW, I wouldn't mentioned fridge/freezer around that Frog woman unless you got a 'full metal jacket" with you. She's a bit hot under her frogskin. Now me know about your smoothie combinations. I'm always interested. NOW GO DO IT MISSY!!!
        I'd be very interested in everyone's view on whey protein. I understand the theory, but it completely goes against everything I believe on eating food as unprocessed as possible and as close to the food source as possible. But basically I dont believe that whey protein can be superior to fish that got caught fresh 2km away within the last 24 hours. But then again I'm lucky enough to live somewhere where I can readily buy fish that got caught fresh 2km away within the last 24 hours.

Sapphy - you must have a view on this?? I'm really interested as I've been feeling a bit short on energy recently, but whether it is lack of protein or menopause or not enough sleep I dont know!!!
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Good question Missy,

My view on supplementary food is this: As a short term addition to (not instead of) supplementary protein is o.k. I have never believed in long term supps even when I was training body builders. I beleive that the protein supplements unless managed by a sports physician can overload the kidneys and create an imbalance in some electrolyte ratios. For a short term pick-me-upper (say a week/ten days) go for it, but if you feel like you need this, chances are your diet needs an overhaul. Another thing with drinking your food - you completley bypass the digestive processes that create thermogenesis...we are meant to chew our food.
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Well there is more good health advice on this thread that a girl can poke a stick at.
            Unfortunately my vision is blurring cos I'm knackered.
            Food ....tick.
            Exercise....half tick only due to sedentary work.

Jones out..............
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

private beagle reporting/rep-rooting for duty SIR.
              currently eating rice + lots of cheese + butter + cream SIR.
              possibly bad? mmmmm.....court-marshall in order i suppose... AGAIN.
              BUT i did run around in the sheep yards sir like a bitch, a working bitch sir, which is a good thing sir.....i think sir, been told anyways sir....
              ah shit ..alrighty, dropping for 20 sir fuckit.

Comment

Beags, think I will have to do a self-imposed 20 myself - I'll join you. Sorry for the better-late-than-never- today post to yesterday's thread, Sir. Synapses aren't firing too well, Sir. Did continue my golf quest, though, Sir. Good on eats, sir - steel cut oats, salmon with potatoes and onions, vegie wrap, matcha and tulsi teas, water. No slippin for this troop, Sir.

Thanks for all the good tips on this thread Sir and Troops!

Comment

Working...
                X