Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO BOOT CAMP 11/24 11/25 (Happy Thanksgiving)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK troops this is a travel day for me. Sarge will be back on Friday. With so much tragedy in the world today its a good time to reflect on what we all have to be thankful for in life. I'm so grateful for my health, family, and all you wonderful people who mean so much to me. I want to wish everyone a blessed, sober, wonderful HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Love,
    John
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Happy Thanksgiving John and thanks for the job you are doing here with all of us xxx
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

LMAO Fluff, I love that.
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Cute pics everyone. Happy TG to you all. :l

Comment

have a nice break and thanks again for all the great tips and motivations
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Zenstyle;1010033 wrote: Two days off???!!! Shocked and stunned... *thud*
              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Hello folks. Well I just got home after a grueling day of travel. I've decided to limit my business travel plan as much as possible. The new TSA procedures have the potential to get me back in V formation with the Grey Goose. Anyhow I did stop in Manhattan to pick up stuff from the office and grabbed a bite to eat before the train. A vendor left me four tickets to the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City. I may take my daughter and niece. I'd ask the ex but the irony of taking a ball breaker to the nutcracker is too much for me. For those celebrating tomorrow enjoy. For those that are not celebrating enjoy your day as well! John xx
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

techie;1010274 wrote: . I'd ask the ex but the irony of taking a ball breaker to the nutcracker is too much for me.
                  :H :H :H :H :H

Comment

techie;1010274 wrote: Hello folks. Well I just got home after a grueling day of travel. I've decided to limit my business travel plan as much as possible. The new TSA procedures have the potential to get me back in V formation with the Grey Goose. Anyhow I did stop in Manhattan to pick up stuff from the office and grabbed a bite to eat before the train. A vendor left me four tickets to the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City. I may take my daughter and niece. I'd ask the ex but the irony of taking a ball breaker to the nutcracker is too much for me. For those celebrating tomorrow enjoy. For those that are not celebrating enjoy your day as well! John xx
                    Gidday John, didn't send my happy thanksgiving messages earlier as I thought you were off already. But hope you have a really good one, and like others I thank you for all the hard work that Sarge is putting in :l

Next year I hope to have a fully American Thanksgiving with my brother in Atlanta!!!

Also interested in hearing how others cope with business travel ........ I have been trying to deal one by one with the things that make me fall off the wagon. The every-day ones are not so bad .... I now have a routine that keeps me eating well, regular exercise and AF. But as I have got better sorted with that I am noticing that the times that I do get off track are when I'm traveling. And I don't really have the option of not doing it, although I limit it as much as possible. But the total administrative hassle, feeling like a sheep passing through a draft gate and then being offered free wine on the plane gets me every time! (yes, I know its an excuse)

I'm on the Antabuse route at the moment to get me through to the new year (and not having to travel much between now and then), but want to have some strategies sorted for February when I have a lot of traveling to do. Or maybe I'll have so much AF time clocked up by then that I'll be strong enough to resist.

anyway, that was a longer ramble than it was supposed to be, but I wish all our North American readers a fabulous Thanksgiving!!
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1010278 wrote: Gidday John, didn't send my happy thanksgiving messages earlier as I thought you were off already. But hope you have a really good one, and like others I thank you for all the hard work that Sarge is putting in :l

Next year I hope to have a fully American Thanksgiving with my brother in Atlanta!!!

Also interested in hearing how others cope with business travel ........ I have been trying to deal one by one with the things that make me fall off the wagon. The every-day ones are not so bad .... I now have a routine that keeps me eating well, regular exercise and AF. But as I have got better sorted with that I am noticing that the times that I do get off track are when I'm traveling. And I don't really have the option of not doing it, although I limit it as much as possible. But the total administrative hassle, feeling like a sheep passing through a draft gate and then being offered free wine on the plane gets me every time! (yes, I know its an excuse)

I'm on the Antabuse route at the moment to get me through to the new year (and not having to travel much between now and then), but want to have some strategies sorted for February when I have a lot of traveling to do. Or maybe I'll have so much AF time clocked up by then that I'll be strong enough to resist.

anyway, that was a longer ramble than it was supposed to be, but I wish all our North American readers a fabulous Thanksgiving!!
                      Hi Missy I am able to maintain that "I Don't Drink" mindset while traveling.
                      It was very difficult the first few times but it seems normal to me now. For me its sheer willpower and the fear of disappointing myself that drives me. Works for now! It would be great to get feedback from folks that do business travel often. I may run with that idea. I always willing to learn new coping strategies!

John xx

Comment

Working...
                      X