beware the self congrats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woke up this morning with a stinking cold, soldiered on (Techie/Sarge would have been so proud!)

Got through all my chores, a light workout and an eight hour shift............

Couldn't help but think of one little snifter of brandy, purely medicinal of course! I really had to dig deep. Could I stop at one at this stage? No. I couldn't. I realy hope that one day I can, but thinking that far ahead is too much right now.

I didn't. Had a Lemsip, some tea, and some more tea. Every day I clock up I recognise the triggers. Not saying I have them beat, but just saying.

Yesterday I felt so strong, today..... not so much so. This place really helped. Thanks, everyone. :l

Feel better, FB.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

That is AWESOME, FB:goodjob:
      Way to live up to your name...and thanks for posting this. I will be watching for these kinds of things as I keep plugging along in my early days here ...
      "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
      Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

fighting back;1010233 wrote: I woke up this morning with a stinking cold, soldiered on (Techie/Sarge would have been so proud!)

Couldn't help but think of one little snifter of brandy, purely medicinal of course! I really had to dig deep. Could I stop at one at this stage? No. I couldn't. I realy hope that one day I can, but thinking that far ahead is too much right now.

I didn't. Had a Lemsip, some tea, and some more tea. Every day I clock up I recognise the triggers. Not saying I have them beat, but just saying.

Yesterday I felt so strong, today..... not so much so. This place really helped. Thanks, everyone. :l
        Oh WOW. I am so very proud of you. I know how easy it is to give in during a weak moment. You have so much going for yourself now. Draw on todays experience next time that craving comes along. Hoping you recover from that cold quickly. I'll talk you on Friday!

John xx
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good Job FB!!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

That was courage. Well done, fighting back!

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

~John Ruskin~

Comment

Nice one!!
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Well done fighting back, one day at a time.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

ritual

fighting back;1010233 wrote: I woke up this morning with a stinking cold, soldiered on (Techie/Sarge would have been so proud!)

:goodjob:F.B. TEC AND SARGE AND THE REST OF US ARE GREAT SUPPORT,BUT YOU HAV TO BE PROUD OF YOU,YOU CAN ALSO SEE HOW THE THINKING OF IS ONE OK CAN ALTER YOUR THINKING,ooops capitals hahaha,remmeber its always your choice on what route you take,:thanks:gyco

Comment

Gyco;1010423 wrote: :goodjob:F.B. TEC AND SARGE AND THE REST OF US ARE GREAT SUPPORT,BUT YOU HAV TO BE PROUD OF YOU,YOU CAN ALSO SEE HOW THE THINKING OF IS ONE OK CAN ALTER YOUR THINKING,ooops capitals hahaha,remmeber its always your choice on what route you take,:thanks:gyco
                    Well done FB, slaying the dragon is tough but it can be done. Strength to you Saffxx
                    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

awww thanks so much for the support guys, still got the cold but off to work and feeling not too bad at all.

it's wee bit like building blocks isn't it? If I do get tempted I know I resisted yesterday and I know I can resist today.

Thanks again all, and a very Happy Thanksgiving to all of those in the US.

:thanks:

Comment

FB - so glad to hear you staved off the monster. Strength to you.:l

Comment

Working...
                        X