Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'White ribbon day' Thursday, 25th November.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today, 25th of November, is White ribbon day. The United Nations International day for the elimination of violence against women.

Today as men, we stand together to say violence against women is not okay, and not acceptable. There are ALWAY'S other way's we can communicate, instead of using our fist's, and/or emotional, financial abuse, controlling behaviour against our loved one's, partner's, family, friend's, or anyone else for that matter.

And to my brother's who are out there, and are violent. Your behaviour is NOT okay, and is not acceptable. Take responsibility for your action's. Take action and reach out for help. Help is out there, and you can change your behaviour.

Join me in saying NO to violence against women today, and every other day, and take a stand!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Thank you.

Comment

WELL SAID!
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Ditto to all comments above.

Unfortunately, a large percentage of men who abuse women in whatever form that abuse is, were raised in families where women were similarly abused and they grew up thinking it was normal for men to treat women that way. It isn't and thankfully there is "White Ribbon Day" to brink the message to all men. Hopefully it will raise their awareness and those who abuse will realize it isn't either normal or right and will learn to respect the women in their lives. Thanks Mr. G for letting us know about this very important movement and the fact that it is being celebrated today.
        International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women - 25 November
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

WELL SAID.

Thanks for the link Stirls.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

a big NO here, it's not on, not cool and NEVER justifed
            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Well done, Guitarista, for posting. I had never heard of this before.
              CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Thanks Geester,

This is an extremely important message that needs a high profile in our communities.
                I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Well said mr g and i fully support it, and not lets forget about the growing list of men out there who suffer the same sort of abuse from women and in my mind dont be heard or listened to enough.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I agree with you Mario, I know a man who was a battered husband and suffered the abuse for years...
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Thanks Mr. G. - wasn't "aware" of this awareness day.

Comment

I stand with you. Thanks G!
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thank You Mr. G.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I've known men and women who are batterers, and they always blame the battered person for 'making me do it'. What a crock!! No one deserves it, no matter what.
                            My Daddy always said a man who hits a woman is not a man. He never even spanked me. And my husband knows he has to sleep sometime, and wouldn't be safe from me if he did. It is a loathesome, cowardly act to hit someone who can't or won't defend themselves, and the wounds to a persons self-esteem are deeper and last longer than the actual blows. Thank you SO much, G, for bringing this to everyone's attention.
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good call Mr G.
                              Any man that hits a woman is a bloody coward and should take a long hard look in the mirror.

Valid point Mario, it can be an issue for men too and an emotionally embarrassing one at that I imagine.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X