Image of Brain Comparison - Non-Drinker vs Heavy-Drinker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH - I have noticed improvement for me just at nearing 60 days, so I know it gets better (also, see the post I made on the subject).

Hugs,
    Choochie:l

Comment

If you are interested in seeing more images of the brain as a result of substance abuse (including alcohol), see Daniel Amen's link below. He has been doing research on all sorts of brains for many, many years. Fortunately, his follow up studies show that the brain does repair itself after a period of abstinence.

SPECT Gallery – Amen Clinics
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

Thank you for sharing, doesn't effect people with no brain in the first place so I'm ok

But seriously I always believed there was a neurological condition while drinking and to answer the question does it heal over time - yes, I am living proof that it does, I noticed the effect while I was drinking and am noticing the effect now I am not.

While drinking I done bizarre things, couldn't concentrate, and my job really entails deep concentration so it effected my work, at times I didn't even know what I was doing or saying and couldn't remember anything. Its all good now though.

Comment

Wanna - I already can see improvement in my thinking, coordination, etc. even after (near) 60 days. I also posted an article that discusses the improvement after abstaining from alcohol.

M3 - thanks for that link - really interesting images.

Thanks for posting,
          Choochie

Comment

Thank you for sharing, doesn't effect people with no brain in the first place so I'm ok >>

:H:H
            AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
            "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

I like to see Al for what it is and what it does to us in all its reality..."And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
              :h Mish :h
              sigpic
              Never give up...
              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
              Remaining a perpetual possibility
              Only in a world of speculation.
              What might have been and what has been
              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Working...