Just as I was climbing out of my shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like climbing back in again. The walls are closing in on me again. I don't mean I am going to drink; there is no AL in the house and I have no way of getting any.

My OH is away working as he often does; I thought I could fill the empty space with this place but I can't.

It's too diverse. Too many people, too many threads, too much different advice. I feel too overwhelmed and I have decided to take what I need and hang low for a while.

I feel strong enough. I am just ODAT, doing okay, but I feel the pressure of the success (and failures) of others is a little too much right now.

I'll be back, stronger I hope. I just don't feel this is the right place for me right now.

Love, strength and tight hugs to the many people who have encouraged me and helped me to achieve so many AL free days.

See you soon:l

I'm sorry to see you go. Please take care of yourself. We'll be here when you need us. :l
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Good luck and stay strong.

Comment

Fight, I hope you stay. I've spent 33 years alone, with Hubs working sometimes days at a time before I see him. No, this can't be the be all, do all, for you, but it is a good place. PM me, e-mail me please. I understand what you're saying, OK??
        Ruby
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I am so sorry to see you go. You are a wonderful supportive person FB. I think the diversity of MWO makes it unique and exciting. I will miss you and will pray you reconsider. John xoxo
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

:lFB, I will miss you and hope you'll reconsider. But, I know we all have to find our way. I just know that the support here has kept me sober. But, if it's confusing you or making you anxious, maybe you need to do something different. I just hope that you'll find support somewhere because it's really hard to do this alone. In fact, I'm sure that's why my prior attempts to stop drinking failed. Anyway, big hugs to you. Hope to see you back here in the not-too-distant-future.:l

Choochie

Comment

Hi Fighting Back,

Maybe if you spent a little less time on the boards for a while, it might ease the tension a bit. I hear what you are saying, it is a lot of input and in the early days of sobriety, lots of intensity can do your head in a bit. On the underoos thread (Australians) we tend to offer each other a bit of light relief from lifes seriousness. our thread is light hearted and lots of good natured jousting. Its about finding a good balance for yourself and treading lightly to begin with. I find that reading fiction is a good way for me to disengage with reality a bit and think of something else for a while. I hope you can find your way out, but I would counsel you about isolating yourself too much. Love and grace Saffxx
              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Hi Fighting Back, It's easy to feel like everyone is doing better than you or "Crud, don't I fit in here?" I think it's all part of what we are getting through, I feel that way too sometimes too. Hope you feel better soon! :l

Comment

FB,
                  I know there's a ton of different folks on this site, but despite our diverse backgrounds, we're all here for the same reasons. Can you think of somebody here you relate to in a special way? Private message that person & become friends ...let that person know how you're doing . Many of us get by that way. Please reconsider before bailing altogether. :l

Comment

Please reconsider, Fighting. You don't reaslise how much your posts encourage others who might be feeling the same way as you but may lack the confidence to express their concerns as you have done. You raise important issues which may not be otherwise discussed on the boards. If you just keep looking for a while longer (even if you just lurk for a bit) you will find your niche.
                    Your contributions are much appreciated, but if you still decide to leave I wish you every success and happiness...but I really hope you'll stay. :l:l:l
                    :h Mish :h
                    sigpic
                    Never give up...
                    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                    Remaining a perpetual possibility
                    Only in a world of speculation.
                    What might have been and what has been
                    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Hey FB, the great news is that you are staying af, nice work. Feel free to PM me anytime. I hope to see you back here when the time is right for you, you are always welcome. All the best,
                      Hill
                      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

FB...dont go.
                        You are still welcome over in the Ass in Gear thread....that can be the only place you post if you are overwhelmed...
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Sheri - you are the BEST!

Choochie:l

Comment

FB, I can understand how overwhelming things can seem at times. Another suggestion might be to find a couple of threads where you feel at home, and stick to reading / posting only in those for awhile. As Choochie said, it was impossible for me to stop drinking alone.

Whatever you decide, strength and hope to you in your journey.

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Delete
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...