Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 27 November

Morning, Army

I'm kinda feeling "blah" this morning. Today would have been my brother's birthday, and his absence still hits hard on days like this.

I hope you enjoy your Saturday.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Army Thread 27 November

Morning Army, :lTips. I'm sorry you are feeling blah this morning. This old life isn't always easy , huh? I lost my dad (in a car accident; he was only 59) and I still miss him horribly. It's been over ten years but I still think things like "Yeah, I'd like to ask dad about that or what would dad think about that etc." But of course he's not there anymore :upset: Now I've found out my mum has skin cancer. Don't know how serious it is yet-she goes in on the 7th of December. I guess all we can do is try to remember the good memories of our loved ones who have passed away but at the same time allow ourselves to feel sad and miss them at times. I think today's society tells us we always have to be UP AND HAPPY. But as my therapist told me--it's ok to feel sad at times, its actually healthy. Of course not sink into a depression that causes us to possibly do unwise things (escape with drink or drugs etc) but just know that in REAL life it is ok to have blah days. ITS NORMAL! I'll be thinking of you today:l. Hello all you Army lads-hope you are all doing ok. I feel I've missed out on so much being without internet service for so long. But I was thinking of ya. expat xxx

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

Good morning Tips, so sorry you are feeling blah and sad about your brother. I guess as it's his birthday it's good to be remembering him, I hope you can find some happy thoughts to think. I'm sure he's watching you and very proud of what a great guy you are :l

Pops has started a thread too and my dizzy blondness didn't know what to do especially this early in the morning....
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

Hi Expat x post, sorry to hear about your Mum, is she back in Ireland?

It's pouring rain here and I'm still in bed with the window open, love to listen to it, would be great if my dog could bring me coffee....
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

Morning folks, having checked both threads I deem Mr Tip's to be the original starter this morning by nearly half an hour so am posting here

Sorry to hear about your mum Expat, hopefully it is not too serious and they caught it very early.
          Feeling sad is natural guys and part of lifes rich tapestry, for without the lows we wouldnt feel such highs. I think it is nice that we can remember our loved ones that have past, not only with sadness but with love and happy memories too. For me it would be nice to think I would be remembered after I am gone with such and not just forgotten.

In other news the snow hit last night and is continuing this morning with thunder and crazy sheet lightening. Took the dogs out earlier for a run and play in it, what is it with dogs and snow?
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

Hi Chill, Yes, mum is back home. I'd love to have her come over here in France to stay with me for awhile but she does not speak French and says she's too old to learn. To be honest-I don't think she'd be happy over here-she really does not like the French :H. I don't always like them myself:H! When I was in Dublin this summer my little boy had a problem with his ticket getting on the DART (commuter train)-he was putting the ticket in the wrong way or something. Three people stopped and smiled and helped him get through (my daughter and I had already passed and he was stuck on the other side). When he got up to me with big eyes he said "God mummy, people here are NICE!" In Paris he would have been trampled and pushed out of the way! Not a joke. When we were taking the shuttle bus to get from Beauvais back to Paris (Ryan Air flies out of there about an hour outside of Paris) A French bitch pushed him out of the way (he was struggling to get up the steep bus steps with his bag) and said "Ahh, C'est pas possible! C'est chiont" Or more or less-It's not possible this shit!! And she was a very chic well-dressed French woman! My daughter just looked at me and rolled her eyes and said "Welcome back to France!" haha!

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

morning peeps... 2 threads????? im confused. its white white white here. looks lovely. ill have to get some photos of quill puppy investigating it. i havent deserted the army, im just bobbing about other threads in an attempt to get my silly duckhead sorted out.
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

Morning Spuds, I'd love to see some photos of Quill pup in the snow!

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

Morning Tips, Expat, Ktabbers, Chilly,Spuds and a yoooooooo hooooooo to Pops and Jan on the other thread.

Masses and masses of snow. More snow pictures to come.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

Hi Spuds you bob in and out as suits, its always lovely to see you here.
                    Expat I think that is true of any city and the bigger it is, the more impersonal it becomes.

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

I do love Paris, it holds many special memories for me. In fact I left my first husband the week after coming back from Paris.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

LOL JC! You crack me up:H:H:H!

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

I never wanted to see Paris again but years later with Mr JC and the kids we went on a combined tour of Euro Disney and Paris and absolutely adore the place now.

Once the maitre'D in our hotel realized that Mr JC could speak a bit of French he was all over us like a rash
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

Good morning all,

have a food hangover,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 27 November

Hi Mario, was it cake or cocktail sausages to blame?

Comment

Working...
                              X