Army Thread 28th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep it is gonna be bad..looking very eirrie outside..
    I took my dogs out coz I knew I wouldn't be able to take them later..
    and I'm not kidding you everybody is preparing for lockdown..
    shutters all closed, everything at beachfront bars/restaurants closed up and everything inside..very spooky..
    getting ready for rock & roll time...!!

Comment

Chillgirl;1012203 wrote: Jan - God that sounds pretty wild! Is it a mini hurricane?
      mini..there will be nothing mini about this..!!

as you know we are just a small groups of islands off the west coast of west africa, our western islands have no protection from the tropical storms that come across the atlantic.
      La Palma, gomera & el hierro are on total lockdown all airports and seaports are closed, south tenerife has cancelled all flights from 8pm, all ferries between islands have been cancelled..!!
      so I got candles ready, batteries for the radio, mobile fully charged..
      dogs have done their stuff....
      so just gonna see what happens..

Comment

Stay safe Jan!:l I hate hurricanes-went through a big one once- what with my expat travels -and it was not fun at all! Please check in when you can. expat xxx PS "Her" name was Katrina-and I still have nightmares about it.

Comment

Hi expat,

Anybody have any thoughts on x factor tonight ?

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I hope Katie goes.......

I hope Mary does not go but I think she might..

No chance of Matt or Rebecca going....

I reckon Katie, Cher and Mary in the bottom 3...
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

expat3;1012226 wrote: Stay safe Jan!:l I hate hurricanes-went through a big one once- what with my expat travels -and it was not fun at all! Please check in when you can. expat xxx PS "Her" name was Katrina-and I still have nightmares about it.
              Hiya expat.. that's the one we got kicked with last time in 2005.!! the islands have only just about now rehoused those that lost everything, plus our higher inland road network is mainly along & across barrancos (deep ravines) and when some have been blocked for developments, (money)..! it stops the natural flow of water..!
              thus it builds up, bursts & floods large populated low lands...
              okies gonna tuck ollie in, back in a bit if I got electric..! can't do it via my mobile not rich like you lot with blueberries & stuff:H:H.. gotta see if I can get a deal on ebay..!

Comment

yes one2many we all think mary might go,

matt & rebecca are favorites,

wagner has an awfull lot of support wouldent be surprised if he goes through, ???

Comment

Yo Jan,
                  Sounds fecking awful, hun.

I've only got a raspberry.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

ladyjan;1012215 wrote: mini..there will be nothing mini about this..!!

as you know we are just a small groups of islands off the west coast of west africa, our western islands have no protection from the tropical storms that come across the atlantic.
                    La Palma, gomera & el hierro are on total lockdown all airports and seaports are closed, south tenerife has cancelled all flights from 8pm, all ferries between islands have been cancelled..!!
                    so I got candles ready, batteries for the radio, mobile fully charged..
                    dogs have done their stuff....
                    so just gonna see what happens..
                    Okay, now I'm really freaked out. Hope all goes well in the Canaries. Can't imagine going through something like that.

Ex - are you talking about "Hurricane Katrina" that did so much damage in the US

Have no idea about X-factor but have been hearing things about Ireland's financial situation all day on the news. Looks like Greece and Ireland are in the same right now...

JC - if you're having a :sofa: I just want to say I loved the snow pics..

Off to walk the dogger. Check bacinnabit. (that's Mario language)

I also liked the ODAT - One Date At a Time. Mario, you kill me...:H
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

See ya stirly, its absolutly freezing out here, just waiting for x factor,

Comment

its starting

GO MARY GO,

Comment

I dunno Mario....
                          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

hi all, had a good days shopping, have just enough money to get a pizza...im going to be a christmas pudding myself in a few weeks!

Comment

Very quick hello from a snowy Dublin airport, boarding soon. Jan I hope you will be ok, sounds very rough, I still want to spend my winters there though :-)
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hey Limers,Hows you apart from well fed
                                Who is this boy child on X-factor at the mo?
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X