Now, that life is settling down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Sunny--nice pics! Good for you taking the Anti. That shows such a huge commitment. Very proud of you! xox

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

It's so GREAT to have you around again gg (aka gorgeous girl). It just seems right. Loved the pics too!!!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Aww.. thanks Techie :l
        Now, go and ID Tigger's next destination... I ain't getting anywhere!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Great to have you back, Sunnibutt :l

Beautiful piccies of Peanut - he's very cute!
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hey Sunnie,
            You can do it. Whatever it takes. As you know, after many attempts of doing it "on my own" I finally threw in the towel and went to AA. Something I never thought I would do. As you know from our other social networking friendship, I have lost my Angel Mother and Beloved Father all in the same month. My Mom died unexpectedly and my Dad had been sick since February. Because I put the drink down, I was able to care for both of them, be 100% all day everyday, and I know that they both know how much I loved them,, especially in the end. If I didn't drink through that, anything is possible. Life is sad right now, but it's not hopeless. Keep doing what your doing. Much love SG
            AF since 2/4/10
            Nicotine free since 3/31/10
            FINALLY FREE

Comment

shirazgirl;1013092 wrote: Hey Sunnie,
              You can do it. Whatever it takes. As you know, after many attempts of doing it "on my own" I finally threw in the towel and went to AA. Something I never thought I would do. As you know from our other social networking friendship, I have lost my Angel Mother and Beloved Father all in the same month. My Mom died unexpectedly and my Dad had been sick since February. Because I put the drink down, I was able to care for both of them, be 100% all day everyday, and I know that they both know how much I loved them,, especially in the end. If I didn't drink through that, anything is possible. Life is sad right now, but it's not hopeless. Keep doing what your doing. Much love SG
              I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and dad. I think you're remarkable to have cared so lovingly for them in the end. Not having fallen back in the drink makes your story so very wonderful. Please share it with others. I found it to be a powerful illustration of what can be accomplished. I now need to find a tissue. John xx
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

:l SG
                I've been thinking of you lots. And, I'm incredibly proud of you, your commitment, your poise, your caring - especially in the face of all those horrific losses in your life. You are turning into quite the role model, my dear :l
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Sunni-I am really happy to see you back here too. I love reading your posts. Your grandson is adorable...how old is he now? I think he is a little bit younger than my granddaughter who is 10 months old.....I love your new avatar, also. You are so beautiful and your horse is quite handsome too!

SG-I am so sorry about your parents....you should be very proud of yourself for not drinking with everything you have gone thru. You are so right that life is not hopeless.
                  Big hugs to you, sweetie. :l:l
                  Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Welcome back Sunshine. I'm wondering whose kid that is since you are not old enough to be a Grandmother (29).

Do whatever it takes. I couldn't do it alone either.

ETA: Forever and since the beginning of time, I think your screen name is Sunshine Egg. My brain has always done that with your name. Great avatar by the way.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X