Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rational Recovery - Anyone Have Comments About This Book/Program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kev, I also loved your post.

I've been reading Rational Recovery, and am kind of surprised to see it was what I have started doing this last time around on my own. I have also attended AA in the past, and found it was a positive supportive group that can only help. Therefore, I don't see a problem with either, and don't really like feeling like I have to take sides! I think I said at the beginning of my journey this time I was going to take everything I had learned, and take new things that I learn and just use everything I could to get me through this journey. It's how I still feel. I also wish there was just a group of non-drinkers I could hang out with -- not necessarily having to all be "recovering alcoholics". Maybe I'll become a Baptist.

Thanks for the great posts and ideas guys.

Comment

ML -
      Maybe I'll become a BaptistHeavy price to pay for finding sober friends.:H:H - just kidding!

Seriously, though, I agree that we can take from each of these things what we need.

Ken - I have to say that yesterday's meeting was very heartening - it's good being with people who understand addiction. My experience, at least so far, has been very positive. I'll keep posting about it, especially on the AA thread.

I have a few social engagements coming up over the next month where its going to be seen as very rude and anti-social for me not to drink. It would be handy to have a peer group of non-drinkers to act as a counterweight to those pressures
      I think AA would work very well for this and is a big part of why I'm going. Of course, if it helps in other ways, just all the better.

Choochie

Comment

Working...
      X