AF BOOT CAMP DAY 17 (can't beetroot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK you miserable lumps of waste material. We're going to focus on anti-aging this week. Some of you called Sarge old. Well I'M NOT. Hell there are people on this site that lost their virginity to Druids. You're calling ME OLD...haha. Hell I'm in my gat damn prime. I exercise and watch my diet. Why hell this morning I didn't ask for extra skin on my sausage links. Watchin my waistline. Cooky also uses sawdust instead of breadcrumb in most of his recipes. I love the added fiber. NOW MOVE YOU BUTTS OUT AND GET IT DONE THIS WEEK!!!

SARGE SEZ: Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter

Motivation:
    The opportunity of your life
    You have opportunity right now, on this very day, that you'll never have again. Are you going to let it pass you by, or are you going to make full and valuable use of it?
    The moments that make up this day are moments you can use to solve problems, to develop more effective ways of doing things, and to create value. The moments that make up this day are moments you can be using right now to move your life forward.

Look around you. See and appreciate what a magnificent world you live in and what a tremendous opportunity you have to make a difference.

Within you are dreams that long to be brought to life. Within you is real, substantive, unique value that deserves to be fully expressed and experienced.

With joy in your heart and enthusiasm in your actions, get up right now and get busy living the best of those dreams. There are dozens of creative, productive, life-enhancing things you can do, so focus on the first one and get busy.

The opportunity of your life is here. Live it with all you have

Healthy Lifestyle:

Can't beat Beetroot

We don't know how it tastes, but if beetroot juice works as well as UK scientists claim, we really don't care. In only six days, subjects given 500 ml of beetroot juice could exercise 25% longer than when taking a placebo. Apparently, beetroot juice is chock-full of nitrates that reduce the energy costs associated with low- and high-intensity exercise.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/beetr...-benefits.html

http://www.beveragedaily.com/Formulation/Study-links-beetroot-juice-to-brain-health

Exercise:

Exercise & weight loss is a CRITICAL component in any anti aging program. Here is a link to another GREAT easy workout:

The Weight-Loss Workout - MSN Health & Fitness - Diabetes

Recipe du jour:

Health Benefits of Beetroot Juice (recipes in link below)

Beets have many benefits to the body. It is claimed they have the ability to:
    • clean and build the blood
    • lower blood pressure
    • improve circulation
    • calm the nerves
    • improve the health of the liver, kidneys, and bladder clean the intestines fight cancer improve menstrual problems cure anemia
    Beetroot Juice Recipes Attached files [img]/converted_files/45121=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

How many days are left in this camp? Just curious-is all...
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

...December 21, 2012
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

LOVE the anti aging theme coz I HATE getting older. I hate it with a passion and have to address it..I am 38 not 24...Face up Oney!
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

techie;1012854 wrote: ...December 21, 2012
          Ha! Good one!
          Coco

Comment

12-21-12! Well, thanks ,Sarge, for the anti-aging info- must try some beetroot, then!
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

fluff;1012880 wrote: 12-21-12! Well, thanks ,Sarge, for the anti-aging info- must try some beetroot, then!

The beetroot topic is very hot at the moment Fluff. Every time I turn around there are more & more articles re: its benefits. I hear its GREAT with Fluff :H

Comment

I have a problem with beetroot, cannot eat it, I shall never reveal why but I just can't..I could juice it tho..
                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

All that talk about exercise and juicing is exhausting. I need a nap.
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Zenstyle;1012896 wrote: Private Zenners reporting for duty! Thank you for the 48hr leave Sarge SIR!

Today's rations have been very healthy. Supplements are half way through being imbibed. Gym maneuvers are forthcoming (why won't the spell check let me spell "manouvers" the way I flippin well want to?) and will comprise of Dreadmill, weight machines and stretching.

I'm test driving a new slimming product this week SIR. It's from Life Extension and I will give a full report on its efficacy (or lack thereof) by Friday.

That's all I've got Sarge! That and the fact that you're only as old as you feel! (My story and I'm sticking to it!)

Ah Private Zenners my little bit of Florida Sunshine you. What gat dang product are you talking. I may need it. I had five liter of that beetroot juice and my hair looks like a Yaks crotch. Be careful with these new products. Read the damn label. I'm headin to sick bay. Report in later soldier. NOW MOVE YER FAN...OH YEAH..I MEAN BUTT!!!
                    Attached files [img]/converted_files/1439161=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Can't beet root ?

Have you people got any idea what a root is where I come from ?
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1012922 wrote: Can't beet root ?

Have you people got any idea what a root is where I come from ?

Nurse Jones BEHAVE YOURSELF. However feel free to PM Sarge the answer!

Comment

:H:H. Private Choochie reporting for duty....

Normal duty day for me, Sir. Maneuvers included jogging and hitting some golf balls, Sir. Excellent diet today also, Sir.

BTW, Sir, beware because too much beet rooting can make you go blind, they say, Sir.

Comment

Choochie;1012978 wrote: :H:H. Private Choochie reporting for duty....

Normal duty day for me, Sir. Maneuvers included jogging and hitting some golf balls, Sir. Excellent diet today also, Sir.

BTW, Sir, beware because too much beet rooting can make you go blind, they say, Sir.

Jeez Private Choochie you're scary the dog tags off me. Hell I just thought it was that Glaucamole of the eye them older folk get from eating too many Tostitos. I best tell Cooky he just got a shipment of the root for the mess. YOUR DOIN GREAT PRIVATE!!!

(
                            Attached files [img]/converted_files/1439243=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Private Mish reporting for duty, Sarge. Maintaining a strict regime re diet, but still a bit of a wimp in the exercise department. It may be the Bac but I feel very tired. Increasing my dose on Thursday as I have an appointment with the eye doctor this afternoon and am taking James to Fresh Start on Wednesday afternoon to see Doctor George O'Neil.
                              Oh, and thanks for the chat and lovely compliment, Sarge.

one2many;1012860 wrote: LOVE the anti aging theme coz I HATE getting older. I hate it with a passion and have to address it..I am 38 not 24...Face up Oney!
                              I was a bit stressed about hitting forty, but then I found a coffee mug that said: "I'd rather be forty than pregnant." That thought has kept me going for the last 16 years. Age really is a state of mind, though. Inside I don't feel any older than I did at twenty.

I picked up an interesting book last weekend. It's
                              "The Green Pharmacy anti-aging prescriptions" by James A Duke, PH.D.
                              Just because I'm not worried about getting older, I'm still going down fighting.
                              :h Mish :h
                              sigpic
                              Never give up...
                              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                              Remaining a perpetual possibility
                              Only in a world of speculation.
                              What might have been and what has been
                              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Working...
                              X