Underoos and Friends - December.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tawnyfrog;1014877 wrote: Do you ever have days when you feel like a spare prick at a wedding?

Had one of those.

Nighters.
    One is never too old to learn.

be like a spare prick at a wedding - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Its official - Wellington had a third more more sunshine hours in the last month than any November on record. We are just having day after day of blue skies and no wind and it is making the whole city happy :H:H People walk round the streets smiling and talking to each other!! Its a lovely place to be at the moment.

I dont think I mentioned, but as well as being really busy at work, my mum hasn't been great. It is likely that she had a minor stroke last week, and she has been a bit distressed. The rest home has been terrific - got me involved straight away, did a thorough review of her individual care plan etc etc. Anyway she has been much better over the last two days, which is a great relief. Tomorrow is the rest home Xmas party and we are off to the supermarket tonight to get supplies to make asparagus rolls :H:H

Better head off to work!!
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning Missy and ratbag's,

Hope your mum is comfortable Missy, and sounds like a well run rest home there which must take a load off your mind. Anything asparagus is da bomb. Good for you too. Does asparagus go with beetroot?
        Anyway, it's off to the shops today for more asparagus. They sell it in cans too at the supermarket.

Well, it's orf for some prac work today to finally re-connect the bridge to completing some studies which i've been slack with. Yeah.

A magnificent day to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning Missy, Mr. G. and assorted trouble makers,

Missy, my best wishes for your mum..so good that she is being cared for well, very reassuring. Asparagus roll...uuurrggghhh. MY mum loves them and wouldnt eat the fresh stuff in a fit. Good for you G. getting stuck into your study stuff. I have a Diploma in Counselling (drug and alcohol) half finished!!!!! Need a good boot up the arse to get into it. Paid over 5,000 dollars for it and havent touched it for two years. Madness to be sure. It is on my list of things to do and when the boys leave for uni in the new year there will be many long hours at night for me to get it out and finish it. B loody procrastination!!! Ya know I did an entire module at Smart Recovery on taming the procrastination beast, but didnt hand in the final essay.....put it straight in the gunna-do-it file (eedjit). Anyway one thing that I am not putting off is my commitment to sobriety....everything else will fall into place so long as I keep the beast behind bars. Onwards and upwards undies!!!!!
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Afternoon, Mr G Missy Saph and all else to come!!!

Mr G good on ya with the music

Missy hope your mum keeps well, I love asparugus rolls yum yum

Saph, I'm determined too, to keep the AL beast behind bars

Well its pissing down here just now, does'nt look good for the weekend

Have a great day all

Comment

Arvo all,

Just reporting in. I have nothing of great consequence or even vague interest to impart. So I shall remain tacit and mute. For now.

(Pissing down here too, Lilly.)

Carry on ...

Comment

tawnyfrog;1015453 wrote: Arvo all,

Just reporting in. I have nothing of great consequence or even vague interest to impart. So I shall remain tacit and mute. For now.

Carry on ...
                You do that Tawny
                I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

tawnyfrog;1015453 wrote: Arvo all,

Carry on ...
                  So how about some acid rain? Just a little cloudburst of vitriol.

Pretty please?
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

And hello Undie-pundies

Its Friday morning and things are looking good

Enjoy your weekend!
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1015458 wrote: So how about some acid rain? Just a little cloudburst of vitriol.

Pretty please?
                      Cheeses twice, young Saffa - I don't do vitriol on demand! I am an artist. I have to prepare ...

Comment

I have nothing major to report either except that Boy's drooling (Boy is the new SPCA cat) was not because of his broken jaw but because he has cat flu. Took him down to SPCA vet and he now has had a big dose of anti-biotics. And with Betty's medical history I have become something of an expert at administering drugs to felines.

Mum all good and thanks for all your thoughts. I have three cans of asparagus and a loaf of white bread ready for making them. :H:H I luuuurrve asparagus rolls, but I've been doing a de-tox and not eating bread or processed stuff and I dont want to wreck it at this point. (only 3 more days to go!) But quite honestly it feels as hard as having a glass of wine in front of me and trying to resist it!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Tip - are asparagus rolls a southern hemipshere thing, or strictly NZ/Oz?

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1015459 wrote: And hello Undie-pundies

Its Friday morning and things are looking good

Enjoy your weekend!
                            You too, also, as well, included in, have a great weekend you striped handsome buggar:h

Comment

oh, and by the way ....... :H

Egg on our face as Kiwis claim pavlova - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1015470 wrote: Tip - are asparagus rolls a southern hemipshere thing, or strictly NZ/Oz?
                                Glad you said that, Missy. I have never heard of them and thought I was being a dork by not having a clue what you were all talking about!

Can some-one enlighten me?

Peeing down here, too. Not pleased as I have a list of outdoor stuff to do this weekend :upset:
                                CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Working...
                                X