Underoos and Friends - December.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss Behaving;1028877 wrote: yes, it is really good for clearing nasal passages. And I dont know about how things are in Melbourne, but the good weather and lack of wind here has raised our pollen count hugely here (I dont normally get hay fever, but this year I've had terrible probs with it). So if your fever has reduced but you are still blocked up that might be contributing. Couple of drops of oil in hot water in a bowl and inhale it (towel draped over head and bowl). Or a few drops in the bath if you have one.

Where's Nurse Jones when you need her :H:H
    Thank's Missy. A tried and true formula that i'd overlooked! In the bath? Yeeaaah! There's an idea.

With this fever passing, it could be dangerous for Nurse Jones (That's Sister mate!) around here......

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

i just gave into temptation. Went to the shop to get the paper and there was still warm squishy white bread. Came back and just had a ham and tomato sandwich for breakfast. Everything cut really thickly ......mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll start trying to run again later in the day :H:H:H
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Charlotte's Web;1028702 wrote: Hey Wavey,

LOOOONNNGGG time, mate. How are you?

All quiet here. I have spent the day trying to get photos in order on my computer. I haven't touched them since Sept 2009 and I am now upto June 2010. Only another few hundred to go. Thank goodness for digital otherwise all this lot would be on film.

Reading time now although not sure my eyes can cope anymore.

Wasn't the cricket rather good today?

Want to come and help sort my photos?

Comment

Waving_not_drowning;1028703 wrote: Question for Tawny and Bridge:

I have just moved in the last month and have inherited a large veggie patch, have dug it to death, added lots of dynamic lifter and dug in compost (I'm not a novice, so I know I'm planting a bit late)

My question is about snail bait, I have LOTS of them!

Are native birds and possums going to eat the snail bait?

I really don't wan't to kill them..

I really don't wan't to kill the snails either but I want my veggie seedlings to survive!

I'm turning into a Hippie as I get older...

Birds may not eat the bait but might eat the snail... not so good for our feathered friends.

Comment

Miss Behaving;1028900 wrote: i just gave into temptation. Went to the shop to get the paper and there was still warm squishy white bread. Came back and just had a ham and tomato sandwich for breakfast. Everything cut really thickly ......mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll start trying to run again later in the day :H:H:H

With mustard or horseradish?

Comment

Morning Undies,
              Late to bed last night ... didn't start dinner till 8:45 , then present opening. Mr Rags got me a belt sander.. just what a gel needs. And series 3 of Big Bang... so stayed up very late watching episodes..

I'm the only one awake at the moment, so it'll be late brekky and leisurely day watching dvds... one of my guests brought down Poseidon Adventure and Duel.... she wasn't even born when they were released....

So TF, why don't you build your woodpile and I'll give it a touch up with my new sander? I could even bring my chainsaw down(a birthday present from Mr Rags ) and give you a hand...

Comment

Ahhh Mr G.

The vegemite cure.

Did you rub it on your chest singing "warm kitty", or use it as a poultice?

I agree with Missy, it's been hanging on too long.

Comment

Guitarista;1028866 wrote: Thanks Missy. Yep, above cocktail throughout the day. The fever seems to be passing, just my head is very blocked and a headache cause of pressure on the sinuses or something. So clearing the head is my mission now. Hope you have a beaut day.
                  Press on the point dead centre of the forehead between the eyebrows called the Yin Tang...and on the highest point of each eyebrow...dont stop for at least ten minutes...repeat at three hours intervals...will clear the sinus meridians (blocked sinuses in a metaphysical sense are suppressed tears).....therefore get the sookiest movie that you can find and let it all out. Headache points are in the webbing between the thumb and index finger....find the sore spot and massage until no soreness. If that fails ya stuffed:H
                  I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Scuse bad manners peeps, seems to conincide with equally bad mood...rather unusual for this litttle black duck..but there ya go...cant be nice all the time. Been up since the crack of dawn filling out heaps of forms for new job....just as well my rocket scientist certificate is still valid. How the hell do people with literacy issues wade through this nightmare of paperwork?????? Oh how I long for days when you didnt have to prove you are who are everytime you turn around. Imagine doing any of this drunk....horrors upon horrors...I'd end up sent to alcatraz or on some far flung space station for idiots for inadvertently ticking the box that asks are you a terrorist?
                    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Hi Underoos......Mr G sorry you are feeling bad.......Hi Sapphire...thanks for the Christmas wishes.
                      What is Boxing Day???? I have no idea. Hiya Rags....into power tools are you?
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Yoo-hoo Missy, Clacker Flap, Rags, Sapphy & MamaB *** waving***

The Lounge purge was disappointing. Not enough chuckage occurred but there was good suckage and vigorous polishment. A box of unmarked videos may or may not be watched at a later date before being consigned to the tip. What, oh what to do with the LP's that I've been carting around since the 70's?

Off to light a stump in the paddock. Isn't that what we traditionally do on the 27th of December? It's bloody cold. 15C.

Comment

Lunch time.

Wavey - I've never used snail bait here but this is what I just found

Snail baits

Comment

mama bear;1028932 wrote: Hi Underoos......Mr G sorry you are feeling bad.......Hi Sapphire...thanks for the Christmas wishes.
                            What is Boxing Day???? I have no idea. Hiya Rags....into power tools are you?
                            Gday Mama,

Lived here for a squillion years and still dont know what boxing day is:H All I do know is the people go berazek at the shops buying up all the discounted stuff and getting pissed off if they have already bought it for a Christmas present the week before...madness I tell ya

Comment

tawnyfrog;1028960 wrote: Yoo-hoo Missy, Clacker Flap, Rags, Sapphy & MamaB *** waving***

The Lounge purge was disappointing. Not enough chuckage occurred but there was good suckage and vigorous polishment. A box of unmarked videos may or may not be watched at a later date before being consigned to the tip. What, oh what to do with the LP's that I've been carting around since the 70's?

Off to light a stump in the paddock. Isn't that what we traditionally do on the 27th of December? It's bloody cold. 15C.

:H:H:goodjob:

Comment

sapphire1;1028974 wrote: :H:H:goodjob:
                                errr....unmarked videos eh???? snigger snigger.......

Comment

Working...
                                X