skin blemishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skin blemishes

Has anyone else gotten the dry scaly patches all over their body and scalp from drinking?

I have them and know it is a side effect of alcohol and am extremely embarrassed of this.

How long does it take for these little buggers to go away so that I can have nice skin again?

One more reason for me to continue not to drink! I can't imagine anyone ever seeing my body like that! And to think up until now, I just drank it out of my mind.

Any suggestions?

skin blemishes

Wish I could help, struggles, but this must be the one side effect I haven't had. I used to get a rosacea flare up and mouth ulcers after a bender though. Vitamin C in megadoses usually helps with the mouth ulcers. Hope someone else can be more helpful.
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

skin blemishes

Hi Struggles and good to meet you.

I haven't heard of this. Have you tried drinking plenty of water. I've never had really good skin but when I stop drinking and drink water, my skin does look better.

Might be a good idea to see your doctor or a dermatologist to check if it's eczema or a similar problem that's not AL related.

Let us know how you get on.
      CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

skin blemishes

struggles;1013853 wrote: Has anyone else gotten the dry scaly patches all over their body and scalp from drinking?

I have them and know it is a side effect of alcohol and am extremely embarrassed of this.

How long does it take for these little buggers to go away so that I can have nice skin again?

One more reason for me to continue not to drink! I can't imagine anyone ever seeing my body like that! And to think up until now, I just drank it out of my mind.

Any suggestions?
        Hi Struggles,

I think those blemishes are caused by a number of factors; Dehydration; Toxins from al; ZInc deficiency; EFA Deficiency. YOu could try drinking at least 2.5litres of water per day; taking a daily zinc supplement; Evening OIl of Primrose; Vitamin C (up to 10,000mg perday) A liver detox herbal blend. It should clear up in time, especially if you are able to keep al out of your system. Good luck Saff x
        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

skin blemishes

Hi Struggles,
          I had the same problem and until I read your post I never connected it with AL! I have to say I've been working to cut down the drinking and am now Abstinent for 4 days and the problem has really gotten better. I have to agree with the others it's probably a combination of dehydration and vitamin imbalance! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X