The Journey is here...So Get your ass in gear for December to Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm stirring around, have been awake since 7:45 but treated myself to a lie-in, watching movies, and when I got up the dogs had opened the outside door (it's 45F and grey again out there) so everything downstairs is dark, bleak, and COLD! As long as the canines are happy, I guess.
    Called one of my new renters about their rent, and he told me all about everyone being sick, blah, blah, blah. I've heard it all, but my bank doesn't let me off because of my illness. They are young, and keep having babies, and I REALLY want to just shake them, wake them up to reality. You don't expect the breadwinner in the family to stay home from work just because one child is a little sick. It's an excuse, not understanding realities when you bring a child into the world. Now they have no heat, and guess what!? They call us, because they can't read the damn gas meter and tell they're out of the intial gas we put in. Temp is supposed to be in the teens this week, which means their water will freeze and cause us MORE damage and cost. (((sigh))) How is it that those people who won't be responsible for themselves are gravitated to me??? :H
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oh, where has the day..actually weekend gone? I have gotten nothing done that I wanted/need to.....and now I am stressing. Oh, well.....it is what it is....that's why my name is Mom/Gigi/Wife....to take care of others' needs.............

So, I have a lot to catch up on here which I will do this afternoon, however, I just wanted to say.....

Welcome Home Vicki. We have missed you lots. I hope you had a wonderful vacation and rested and relaxed.
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Lovely, Grateful. That 'where has it gone' thought runs through my head often!
        Yes, Miss Vicki, we want details on your trip, hope it was restful and sober. Really, just hope you're rested.
        Grate, just do what you do. It's always enough, you know. You are your hardest critic.
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi Grateful and Ruby - and welcome back Vicki. we look forward to hearing about your trip! I do hope that you had a good time!

Grateful - you need to put you first - you remember they say on planes that YOU have to put YOUR oxygen mask on first or you are no good to your children???? Same goes in real life! you have to take care of number one first! Please remember that dear friend! hugs to you.

I have just sent an e-mail to the rescue sheltie place asking them to please e-mail me re what is going on - they were supposed to call me LAST weekend about meeting with Bob - no-one called, so I called the president of them on Wednesday and left a message - no-one has returned my call - so I have now e-mailed asking for SOMEONE to let me know what is going on!!!!! I know and understand why they are protective about the dogs - but don't say you are going to call then don't! Either say you will call and call or don't say anything. GGRRRR. Hubs is not happy and saying forget them - but I would like to get Bob.

Ruby - I think I will never ever ever have renters! We rented our house out when we were posted to UK and must have been really lucky as we had no trouble at all. but it was just the once and for the three years we were gone. I won't ever do it from the stories I hear from you.

Back to my list - I am so pleased with me today!! Hugs to all,

love, Sun XX
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I'll be quiet so as not to wake all you sleeping Journeyers, but have some happy news (for a change!). My normally subdued, quiet, long-suffering son, who would be a great catch for any woman!, but has never had confidence in himself, opened up to me today. A little, but that's a big step. He called to borrow my little sports car, and we talked a bit more, I told him he could use it anytime he wanted to go out, get more involved in life. He said things were getting easier, now that he was finding out there were more people out there, outside his little world. I told him, so MANY people, women, thought his ex was a complete idiot for throwing away their life, and wondered why it took him so long to take action, and he actually admitted that he was being told that a lot too. I reminded him he has a lot to offer, but he needs to be selfish, look after himself and his girls right now. And that Beck, his stepdaughter, loves and respects him, wants a closer relationship with him for her boys and nothing from her own father and mother. He shared with me that he's been seeing a girl/woman who's father owns one of the biggest car rentals services in the southeast, but he's taking it slow. So, I have something to smile about!! :H And I've given my renter a good ass-chewing, and hopefully he'll straighten up and get in line. Otherwise, he'll get one of my infamous letters!!
            sigpic

Comment

well well just a nice relaxing day here .. sue has just been sleeping mostly get up to eat soft stuff .. her throat is very sore and all but she is doing fine and she whisper to say thank you one and all for all the good vibes and prayers send her way ...
              grateful yes make sure you take care of yourself too girl but sence you are taking care of others want to come over and take care of me am straving over here ...
              ruby send food quik or you just might find bones left lol .. and sister ruby you go get'em girl .. good to hear you are relaxing alittle and so did you take your meds and eat some of your great cooking
              sunshine check your list and check it twice make sure who's nanghty or nice ..im alwqays nanghty ... heheh BUT GOOD ON YOU FOR GETTING EVERYTHING DONE GIRL YOU GO GET'EM DONE ...
              NORA hope your back feels better maybe get a back rub and a nice hot bath with candles lights and just relax after that drive ...
              RC what did we get done today ... i hope alot ..
              and did i miss a post vicky back but i dont see a post yet .. well vicky i want to hear all the details and yes even thoses
              well love and hugs one and all GET YOU ASSES IN GEAR AND KEEP SHIFTING :l:l:h:h
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Well - an hour after my e-mail - I got a phone call and I get to go and meet Bob next Sunday! I am so excited!! they were full of apologies too - I wasn't expecting that - I just wanted to get things rolling here! So at 10.00 next Sunday I am going in to St Louis and meeting with Bob and hopefully if that goes well, they will bring Bob to meet Maggie soon after that! How exciting.

Hugs, sun XX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Evening peeps

Quiet weekend for swan-not felt up to doing much really..very cold here and ive been wary about venturing out incase i slip and end up back in hospital...however i did do a RAK (random act of kindness) and checked on my neighbour who is elderly..made sure she was warm and had enough food in..
                  Comfirmation came about my christmas job at the homeless shelter...start at 5am christmas morning...if these folk can get through this time then sure as hell i can...
                  Time for a bowl of soup ten bed...
                  New day,new week tomorrow...make it a good one folks xx

Comment

juat got home...worked my butt off...tired and racing off to Nana's for sunday dinner...will catch up later....
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

thats great news sunshine ... meggie will be so happy to have a play mate ..

swanny yeah take it easy girl and dont push yourself too hrad or fast take babyt step girl

mama cant wiat to hear all the details

Comment

Great news flowing here today. Rog are you using spell check? Lookin good! (you know I never mean you any harm buddy xox) Glad Sue's coming along. Just about to cook some broccoli and a steak--come on over--was going to go out for some mushrooms but it's turned kind of nasty out there. Wood in, some shoveling, laundry, cleaning inside of outside doors and light switches--tons more to do!
                        Sunny that is so exciting you may be getting a new baby to love. Glad you followed up.
                        Welcome back Vicki(although I didn't see the post either Rog)
                        Glad you're back safe too Mama. Guess you didn't make it to Ruby's?
                        Ruby I don't know how you deal with all those renters. I'm sure I'd have ulcers. Nice to hear your son is moving on too!
                        SSH that is so kind of you to check in on your elderly neighbour and congrats on the job!
                        Wishing you all a warm and cozy evening. xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

ok RC PASS A STEAK OVER .. and really wish they did have spell check here ... i have my good moments you should see me typee in chat what a blast only ruby can destifer my words

Comment

Rog - destifer??? LOL - I love you!!!

Comment

Yes, I always know what T is saying! :H In person, he speaks eloquently, but when typing........???? Swanny, take care of yourself, but those little acts of kindness go a long way. Bless you, darling girl. I have a date Wednesday with my local girls to make Christmas cookies, and Taylor's bring her BF. Should be a ton of fun. So wonderful having a warm kitchen full of the sounds and smells of Christmas, and the girls fighting over the the cookie cutters and what to make next. Can't wait!! And I so wish you all could be here sharing with me!!
                              sigpic

Comment

The mind goggles eh Sunshine?
                                How do you like your steak T? I had perfectly cooked medium rare.
                                Well Miss Molly went home tonight. My cat Jupiter stayed downstairs practically the whole time she was here and Molly didn't fuss over going downstairs. However, while I was talking with her mom, Molly kept heading to the stop of the stairs and looking at us, as if to say "do you know there's a cat down there?". Too cute. Gonna stoke the fire up and snuggle down with my book. It's windy and cold tonight. G'nite all. xox

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X