ARTICLE ON SUGAR CONNECTION TO ALCOHOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chill, Doggygirl told me about the book - radiant recovery is connected but DG says the book is more comprehensive. I think it's called Potatoes Not Prozac. BTW, love your new "seasonal" avatar.

Hill, I do have times when I'm really snappy, but it's a small price to pay compared to how I was when I drank.

Great feedback and additional information here from everyone.

Thanks!

Comment

Hill, I do have times when I'm really snappy, but it's a small price to pay compared to how I was when I drank.

Great feedback and additional information here from everyone.

Thanks!

Comment

Sheri - I almost bought that book yesterday. Just have a long wish list of books and am trying to spread out the cost - I swear I could spend hundreds a month on books - insatiable, I am!!

Thanks for this info. I have heard very good things about the book from others too.

Choochie

Comment

Thanks for that article.... I had no idea. Just the other night I got into my kids left over lolly bags, I literally couldn't stop. I thought this is great, I have found an alternative to drinking!! Oops. Glad you posted this article it will be another lifesave.
          :heart:When the wine is in, the wit is out. ~Proverb

Comment

The information in this thread is spot in describing my current situation.

I have been tapering off alcohol over the last few months and getting really serious about quitting since discovering this site. Yet my weight has been ballooning over the same period and I am currently at a new record weight for me. My eyes nearly popped out when I saw the reading on the scales today.

Problem is that I have directly replaced alcohol with food. Mainly sweet food, helped along with plenty of snacks from the vending machine at work.

Its a bit annoying when I am still in the early days of quitting alcohol that I will have to start fighting another addiction/bad habit. But it does look like I am going to have to get very serious about managing my intake of food and keep my weight and belt size at acceptable levels because my health is already being affected by my rapid increase in weight.

Why is life so complicated?

Cheers,
            Kevin
            Moderating since 1st December 2010

"There is no such thing as failure, only feedback"

Comment

Working...
            X