In The Meantime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In The Meantime

This is quoted from a book I read that helped get me through some really bad times and made me learn some new techniques that changed me from a negative to a positive thinker, and taught me to start loving myself.
    I think the author was Ilyani Vanzant...
    In The Meantime

Exactly where you are is where you need to be, even if it doesn't look pretty. Sometimes when you're in it you feel you can't get over it - what a blessing you're wrong.
    This too shall pass - 'It came to pass' not to stay. You can feel bad and recover. Sometimes you feel so bad you feel like you can die - you can, to that experience. Don't resist feeling bad.

Go into love bravely (you're taking a risk), or you're "bargain shopping" - you're taking what you feel you can get. Go in giving. You'll get a lot less pain and a lot more wisdom.
    "The reason I gave my life to someone else is I wanted to be loved."
    What we believe and how we believe it affects us.

We "language
    ourselves into disempowerment.
    Try turning disappointment into a divine leaarning experience.
    A jerk - someone who teaches you something you wouldn't have learned otherwise.
    A problem - a divine opportunity.
    Stuck - an unmade decision.
    Hard - challenging.
    Want - desire...you already have everything you need.
    Broke - temporarily out of cash.
    By yourself - with yourself.
    Afraid - I'm not clear. I need some assistance.

We forget to celebrate the moment.
    Relanguage" Yesterday I thought ...was a problem. Today I believe it is a divine opportunity to a) grow b) be more patient c) fill my life with...

Turn problems into challenges. If you focus on the abundance in your life, abundance will
    come into your life.
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

In The Meantime

Hi Mishmash - great post!
    I strongly believe in the importance of language and have been choosing my words very carefully for years. Now it just becomes a habit and if I find any negative self talk going on I quickly change it. I truly believe if you go around "hating" things, complaining about "problems" and saying how "bad" life is, then that will be your experience.

Here's to having a great day, meeting our challenges head on and being grateful for the good things!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

In The Meantime

Mishmash;1016464 wrote: This is quoted from a book I read that helped get me through some really bad times and made me learn some new techniques that changed me from a negative to a positive thinker, and taught me to start loving myself.
      I think the author was Ylani Vanzant...
      In The Meantime

Exactly where you are is where you need to be, even if it doesn't look pretty. Sometimes when you're in it you feel you can't get over it - what a blessing you're wrong.
      This too shall pass - 'It came to pass' not to stay. You can feel bad and recover. Sometimes you feel so bad you feel like you can die - you can, to that experience. Don't resist feeling bad.

Go into love bravely (you're taking a risk), or you're "bargain shopping" - you're taking what you feel you can get. Go in giving. You'll get a lot less pain and a lot more wisdom.
      "The reason I gave my life to someone else is I wanted to be loved."
      What we believe and how we believe it affects us.

We "language
      ourselves into disempowerment.
      Try turning disappointment into a divine leaarning experience.
      A jerk - someone who teaches you something you wouldn't have learned otherwise.
      A problem - a divine opportunity.
      Stuck - an unmade decision.
      Hard - challenging.
      Want - desire...you already have everything you need.
      Broke - temporarily out of cash.
      By yourself - with yourself.
      Afraid - I'm not clear. I need some assistance.

We forget to celebrate the moment.
      Relanguage" Yesterday I thought ...was a problem. Today I believe it is a divine opportunity to a) grow b) be more patient c) fill my life with...

Turn problems into challenges. If you focus on the abundance in your life, abundance will
      come into your life.

When the student is ready the teacher will appear.....look graciously to the teachers...we call them to us when we are ready to challenge ourselves and step up to the next level of our understanding. I look back at times over my life and marvel at how I have overcome so many obstacles. the road has been a tough one and wouldnt have it any other way. I call the teachers into my world when I need to transcend flaws such as envy, bitterness, anger..the list is long. The teachers come in the form of life changing problems which at the time seem harsh and insurmountable. One such emminent teacher is addiction. A stern and determined teacher. Addiction has taught me to surrender to that which I am powerless; accepting and seeking help outside my expertise. It has taught me to let go of strong egoic struggles, grandiosity and arrogance. It has brought me to my knees and demanded humility and forgiveness. I have learned to listen with an open heart and let go of wanting; demanding and selfishness. For me it has been my greatest foe and my greatest gift.
      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

In The Meantime

GREAT thread!! Thanks guys x
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

In The Meantime

sapphire1;1016493 wrote: When the student is ready the teacher will appear.....look graciously to the teachers...we call them to us when we are ready to challenge ourselves and step up to the next level of our understanding. I look back at times over my life and marvel at how I have overcome so many obstacles. the road has been a tough one and wouldnt have it any other way. I call the teachers into my world when I need to transcend flaws such as envy, bitterness, anger..the list is long. The teachers come in the form of life changing problems which at the time seem harsh and insurmountable. One such emminent teacher is addiction. A stern and determined teacher. Addiction has taught me to surrender to that which I am powerless; accepting and seeking help outside my expertise. It has taught me to let go of strong egoic struggles, grandiosity and arrogance. It has brought me to my knees and demanded humility and forgiveness. I have learned to listen with an open heart and let go of wanting; demanding and selfishness. For me it has been my greatest foe and my greatest gift.
          Thanks for your feedback, Oney. The thing that teaches me humility, and keeps me humble, is the knowledge that I don't have all the answers. I try to look on each day as having lessons to teach. The closer I get to my authentic self, the greater the peace and fulfilment I get. I read over and over at how our members get Al out of their lives and it "gets better and better. It's worth the effort." I believe that and it keeps me fighting this hideous, insideous Beast.
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

Comment

In The Meantime

I love threads like this, they inspire me and give me hope, I don't struggle with the booze and the smokes anymore but there is still so much to learn and I am still finding the girl I lost so many years ago.
            Positive thinking and spirituality has opened SO many doors for me in recent times and I am so grateful for that.It's like a new lease of life.

I still have a lot to learn though but threads like this really do help. Thanks Mishers!

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

In The Meantime

You're welcome, Oney. I have heard that Al stunts your emotional growth, so if it wasn't for spiritual part of my life I would be really lost. It is that aspect which has kept me from imploding. I have been able to tap into who I really am, so I know what you mean about little Oney. Little Mish is a constant in my life now. I talk to her and give her all the things she needed but didn't receive growing up. Sometimes I hold her in my arms and hug her and tell her all the things I love about her. It has really helped me begin a new life as little Mish and I evolve into one person again. What an exciting time I will have with her then.
              sigpic
              Never give up...
              GET UP!!!

Comment

In The Meantime

Wow!! How cool is that....I know exactly what you mean and I think I need to do the same...I was looking at this on Amazon, what do you think?Strange that you should mention this, I was only looking at ths workbook yesterday!

Recovery of Your Inner Child: Amazon.co.uk: Lucia Capacchione: Books

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

In The Meantime

Thank you! Very encouraging!
                  "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

In The Meantime

one2many;1016530 wrote: Wow!! How cool is that....I know exactly what you mean and I think I need to do the same...I was looking at this on Amazon, what do you think?Strange that you should mention this, I was only looking at ths workbook yesterday!

Recovery of Your Inner Child: Amazon.co.uk: Lucia Capacchione: Books
                    Alyani Vanzant has a lot of stuff if you Google her name. She had an amazing story and now spends her life teaching others what she learnt. Well worth a look. Oh, and I'm going to download that link and have a look at it when I have a bit of motivation. I need to catch up on the boards here for a while.
                    I think what you're doing by getting in touch with your inner child is wonderful. Then you and she can merge into one like a caterpillar and cocoon. Then the real Oney will :butterfly::lilheart: emerge as the beautiful butterfly you were meant to be. :h

Didn't Saff say teachers come into your life when you're ready to learn the lesson? Kinda makes me go all goosey and warm and fuzzy at the same time.
                    sigpic
                    Never give up...
                    GET UP!!!

Comment

In The Meantime

Awwhh Thanks so much Mishy, I really appreciate it. Hope you are doing ok xxx

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X