• Show
Clear All

half a year lol..

Well done, bugz! 6 months is awesome!

Comment

half a year lol..

CONGRATS, Bugz!
      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

half a year lol..

Well done bugz, half a year, fantastic,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

half a year lol..

a GUY?? :egad: But I've always admired how artfully your avatar has lined her lips!
          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

half a year lol..

Bugz, way to go!!!
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

half a year lol..

Keep it going Bugz it can only get better ad better!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

half a year lol..

Congratulations Bugz on 6 months AF!!!!! Feels good doesn't it? :goodjob:
                ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

half a year lol..

AWESOME!
                  "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

half a year lol..

Awesome Bugz

I love it when people drop by and post their success stories.:yay:

If you feel so inclined, I'm sure all of us could benefit from what you did/have been doing to stay AF.

All the Best to You,
                    M3:wavin:
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!
                    :lilheart:

Comment

half a year lol..

more2life;1016622 wrote: Bugs, congratulations on 6 months. I read your blog this morning while having my coffee. I have to tell you "2AM chick" had me laughing so hard coffee came out my nose. You are so funny!! Thanks again, and job well done!!
                      haha glad you liked it and made you laugh.

Comment

half a year lol..

momof3;1016979 wrote:
                        Awesome Bugz

I love it when people drop by and post their success stories.:yay:

If you feel so inclined, I'm sure all of us could benefit from what you did/have been doing to stay AF.

All the Best to You,
                        M3:wavin:
                        well in a nutshell...

going to the gym at least 4-5 times a week..... I no longer hang out with my old
                        drinking buddies... I got to a lot of meetings but I'm over the meetings I no
                        longer feel like I need them.... what I needed that helped me the most is making
                        new friends in AA... I hang out with a lot of them during the week... having
                        something to do socially and not drink has worked for me.. after 3 months
                        I really started to have faith that this could keep on working, even thought
                        my brain was trying to convince me that going back to drinking was safe now.
                        I ignore all those urges and beat it with logic... I know if i drank for one day
                        the second day would be almost impossible not to.. so I didn't wanna test
                        that theory at all... I know how I get when I drink.

What helped the most is talking to people in AA and how they struggled
                        with it... theres a ton of things you will learn from people if you go to
                        AA... I hated going but I did it anyway cause I realized it was starting to
                        work.

and considering I drank heavily for 15 years and was able to quit just
                        goes to show that anyone could do it... especially if you have a shorter
                        drinking history then me.

Comment

half a year lol..

Bugz, I went to my first AA meeting today - I'm not religious so I've been avoiding it. But, I just wanted to be around people who don't drink so I'm biting the bullet - and trying to think of my higher power such that it's palatable for me. Good to hear that it helped you. Thanks for posting.

Comment

half a year lol..

Congratulations, Bugz! 6 Months is quite a milestone!

Best Wishes on Your Continued Success!!
                            Kate
                            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

half a year lol..

Hi All
                              Bugz WAY TO GO!!! Congrats 6 months means not only are you not a drinker but someone who has found a better lifestyle. Glad to hear you gave AA a try. I don't use it but have put aside any negatives that I have had for the program and would jump in if the need arises. Hearing so many positive things from many members here about AA. Might be the key for some who face to face can make a difference. Really like hearing about making new sober friends their.

Stat Healthy and Keep Fighting
                              AF 5-16-08
                              Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                              AF 5-16-08

Comment

half a year lol..

Congratulations Bugz! What a great story. From a guy.

DG
                                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X