half a year lol..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

half a year lol..

Choochie;1017076 wrote: Bugz, I went to my first AA meeting today - I'm not religious so I've been avoiding it. But, I just wanted to be around people who don't drink so I'm biting the bullet - and trying to think of my higher power such that it's palatable for me. Good to hear that it helped you. Thanks for posting.
    It has nothing to do with religion even thought they do mention god a lot... but that's
    mostly because the big book was written in the 30's and they couldn't think of anything
    else to use... I don't have a higher power or even believe in that concept yet it worked
    for me...

Comment

half a year lol..

caysea;1017120 wrote: Hi All
      Bugz WAY TO GO!!! Congrats 6 months means not only are you not a drinker but someone who has found a better lifestyle. Glad to hear you gave AA a try. I don't use it but have put aside any negatives that I have had for the program and would jump in if the need arises. Hearing so many positive things from many members here about AA. Might be the key for some who face to face can make a difference. Really like hearing about making new sober friends their.

Stat Healthy and Keep Fighting
      AF 5-16-08
      AA is where I found my new circle of sober friends.... I still don't like many concepts of
      AA but still go....

Comment

half a year lol..

Hi All, great to hear about your 1/2 year Bugz!!! I can't wait to say the same. I also attended AA in the past, but it didn't click for me -- however I liked a lot of the people I met there and I still read and love the big book. To tell the truth I'm having more success with MWO! However I agree with previous posts that whatever works for an individual is what they should use!

Hope everyone enjoys their AF Sunday today!

Comment

half a year lol..

That's awesome bugz!! Congratulations!
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

half a year lol..

Congrats on 6 months!! :goodjob:

And thank you for the reminder of the 3 month "maybe I can mod" mind game this addiction plays. I am struggling with that now and just last night said to hubby, thinking of the hangover is keeping me sober right now.

This journey is full of ups and downs - LIFE - and learning to live life and deal without numbing is the key.

:thanks:

Comment

Working...
            X