Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 22 (Wang Chung Tonight)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALRIGHT LISTEN UP PEOPLE. Perhaps you gas filled cabbage rolls don't understand the meaning of the term LIGHTS OUT. Now I want to have some cotton pickin order in this platoon tonight. As a few of you know yours truly will be out on a date this evening with that new woman. We'll be at a truly elegant place called Maialino. That Private Techie recommended it. Now don't go all blabbin it around. I did get my dress uniform dry cleaned. They had a damn hard time gettin Nurse Jones drool outta the material though. OK GREAT NEWS Private Mish has been released and is back in formation. Cooky is preparing a haggis for her as I type. Come to think of it, everything Cooky prepares looks like haggis. NOW GET A MOVE ON AND WORK YOUR BUTTS OFF. Oh DAMN where did I put that Old Spice deodorant stick...

Sarge Sez:
    Don't mistake activity for achievement

Motivation:
    It's never too late to richly live the moment you're in. Don't let regrets about the past destroy the unique opportunity you have right now.
    Do you feel frustrated by your lack of progress? Then tap into the energy of that frustration to bring yourself fully to life in this moment that you now have to work with.

Today, you are more experienced and knowledgeable than you've ever been. Today, you can be more motivated than ever before to reach in and connect with your own special goodness.

And today you can put all of what you have into making real and positive progress. Today you can connect in a new and fulfilling way with what matters most.

You've already made an amazing journey to get to this moment. You've brought yourself here for a reason, so let yourself live that reason.

Make life the best it can be right now by doing something truly meaningful with it. Whatever you've come through, wherever you've been, it is never too late to feel the beautiful joy of being alive and making a difference.

Healthy Lifestyle:

Exercise Myths

Sustainable fitness plans are hard to come by, and they're so highly personalized that generalizations rarely serve us well. Before settling on a regimen, revisit these popularly held misconceptions. Then decide what makes a truly good fit for your body and lifestyle.

MYTH: 'No pain, no gain'

A workout does not have to feel bad to do good. In fact, when you feel any pain during a workout -- not fatigue, but pain -- it's best to stop immediately. Pain signals that something is wrong, and ignoring the signal can result in injury. Soreness can be expected 24 to 36 hours after a tough workout but is not necessarily an indicator of progress.

MYTH: 'Abdominal workouts burn the gut away'
    Crunches and other "belly blasting" exercises will indeed build and strengthen abdominal muscles, but you'll never see the results if there's a lot of fat around your midsection. To have well-defined abs, you'll need to get rid of the fat covering the muscles. It's very difficult to target specific areas for fat-burning. Instead, launch an exercise regimen that reduces overall body fat, best achieved with a mix of aerobic exercise and a diet rich in fiber and lean protein. Once the fat burns away, you can admire the washboard ab muscles beneath.

MYTH: 'Stick to your regimen'
    We all tend to favor the exercises that come most easily, and as a result may make a habit of repeating particular routines. But as muscles accustom themselves to specific actions, they become more efficient at the exercise. A consequence of efficiency is energy conservation -- which means your body will burn fewer calories. The essence of cross-training, by contrast, is to work different sets of muscles, overcome weaknesses, and reduce the physical strains caused by repetition. To build more muscle and burn more fat, consider small but challenging modifications to your fitness routines.

MYTH: 'A productive workout lasts about one hour'
    It's a physician's job to help you set guidelines for the duration, frequency and intensity of your workouts, so don't hesitate to get your doctor's opinion before establishing a regimen. Health authorities, including the Mayo Clinic and the American Heart Association, suggest an exercise plan along these lines: If you're under 65 and in good health, try to engage in 30 minutes of moderate aerobic activity -- walking, swimming, riding a bike -- five days every week. Those capable of more rigorous conditioning should strive for at least 20 minutes of vigorous exercise, such as running or stair-climbing, three days per week, plus two days of strength training.

MYTH: 'To burn more fat, work out on an empty stomach'

With all of the low-carb diets popular today, it's easy to forget that carbohydrates provide the body with fuel. The amount of carbs present in your system should be commensurate with the amount of energy you will expend in the short term. So, while a bowl of pasta before bedtime will leave you with an unhealthy surplus of calories, the same meal before exercising provides the energy needed to burn fat.

The size and ideal timing of a pre-workout meal will vary from one person to the next. Start with small portions of carbs or carbs and protein about half an hour before exercise, then modify incrementally as needed. Smart choices include whole grains, fresh fruit, trail mixes of nuts and dried fruit, nutrition bars with about 5 grams of protein, and cereals with fiber.

MYTH: Swimming provides all the exercise a body needs

Few fitness experts would argue against swimming. Our natural buoyancy permits low-impact movement, minimizing the stress and pounding associated with most other physical activity, and a good swim stroke employs all of the major muscle groups. A few laps in the pool make demands of the respiratory system that are terrific for increasing lung capacity, too. However, swimming is not especially effective in burning fat. Because a swimmer's body is supported by water, it doesn't have to work so hard against gravity as in land-based exercises such as running or lifting weights, and therefore fewer calories are burned. Swimming nonetheless remains an unparalleled aerobic exercise and helps prime the body for metabolizing fat effectively.

MYTH: Treadmills are the equivalent of running outdoors
    Convenience and personal preference are the factors that govern most runners' decision when choosing between a treadmill and an outdoor workout. Given a predominantly flat outside course, the exertion and weight-loss benefits are comparable; a treadmill set to a 1 percent incline makes up the modest difference. But several other factors come into play. When joint pain or injuries are of concern, the cushioned tread on a machine provides less impact than pavement or packed dirt, and the rotating tread further assists by sweeping your feet behind you. If you enjoy creature comforts while exercising -- temperature control, a television for entertainment -- a treadmill is a good choice. Still, the human body is optimized for being self-propelled through space, and anyone who enjoys a head-clearing run in fresh air finds it tough to beat. An outdoor run is generally better suited to natural movement, and terrain challenges, including downhill stretches (impossible to replicate on a treadmill), provide opportunities to burn extra calories.

Exercise:

How Much Exercise is Enough to Lose Weight, Reduce Inflammation, Reverse Diabetes, Lower Risks for Cancer and Heart Disease?

Most of us know that we need to exercise. Mamma said it, daddy said it, our teachers and coaches said it, our friends and even our doctors say it.

Everywhere we turn, we hear that we need to exercise.

However, exercise hurts. Yes it does. When we exercise, we feel varying degrees of pain. Sometimes it is a raging pain in the side, or in our feet, or legs or even in our chest and arms. Our lungs hurt, our stomach muscles and our back hurt. Yes, exercise hurts... at least at first.

If you want to get the benefits of exercise without the pain, then there is one simple rule to follow -- start out slowly and increase your program length just a bit, only a few minutes, everyday. You'll never feel the pain, and before you know it, you'll be able to exercise a full 45-minutes or even longer with any discomfort.

After you'll steadily increased your daily exercise session lengths, you'll get to the place when you're able to perform a brisk walk for an hour and actually NOT GET TIRED, and YOU WON'T FEEL PAIN. In fact, it will feel wonderful. You'll get really energized, instead of sore and tired. Every time you go for your "power walk" or your treadmill session, or your bicycling, and you'll come back with MORE ENERGY than you started out the day with! Exercise gives you energy.

Daily Exercise Required for Health: Just 45 minutes of moderate walking ― at a rate that raises your heart beats to at least 70% of its "maximum heart rate", will produce dramatic, rapid improvement in your health.

To find your own 70% heart rate level, use our Target Heart Rate Calculator to the right. How big can this improvement be, and how fast can the changes happen? Even major metabolic disease conditions can change fast if you take these simple changes. For example, a 2004 research program done by UCLA scientists proved that at least 50% of men with diabetes or metabolic syndrome could actually
    reverse type-2 diabetes or metabolic syndrome with a combination of moderate daily walking and a reasonable diet that lowers sugars, controls saturated fats and raises high fiber, high antioxidant vegetables. This peer-reviewed scientific study astonished experts around the world, many of whom had thought their patients were facing a lifetime disease. _

The published, proven results amazed many doctors and patients alike: All important tests for metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance and type-2 diabetes were lowered dramatically in only 21 days by these simple changes. By the end of just three weeks, over half of the participants had lower LDL cholesterol, lower inflammation, higher HDL cholesterol, lower blood pressure, normal blood sugar control, lower fibrinogen and other markers for diabetes and metabolic syndrome. See our report Reversing Diabetes in 3 Weeks.

HAVE A GREAT 36 HOUR LEAVE....Sarge!!!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/45231=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Morning Sarge!! Didn't know about the date Sir - best of luck for it, and I hope she is as good as you deserve Sir!!!

I'm feeling a bit poorly this morning and and skipped my bike ride which I was looking forward to. I'm going to have a long soak in the bath and then struggle out to do some Xmas preparations
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Have a GREAT date Sarge xxxx I actually like the smell of Old Spice, reminds me of being a kid....

I ADORE the Motivation for today, has really hit a spot with me,Thank you xx
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Morning Sarge you old toad headed barnacle you (said with love of course Sarge). Whats this date shennanigans and why wasnt I informed? Anyhoo have a great time and keep your big booming voice down Sarge...you will scare the poor sucker away. On the exercise/food front....will step up the time on the bike today..gotta get some stress outta the system. I aim to do around 2 hours today Sarge in 2 stages...make up for the last two days sitting on the couch nursing Saffy. Had a hamburgers from Mackas last night Sir...dont know what got into me, havent had one of those for about two years. Pleased to report it was fusking orrible and aversion therapy completed again for another two years!!! Methinks you've gotta revisit some bad habits from time to time to freshen up why you ditched them in the first place...THIS DOES NOT INCLUDED LETTING THAT BASTARD AL IN THE BACK DOOR THOUGh SARGE!!!!!!!
        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

P.S. the motivation for today is right up my alley Sarge.....it really is the ONLY way of being, in the present and that is our biggest gift to ourselves
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

YOU came into my mind when I read it Saffy, you told me about mindfulness xx

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Miss Behaving;1016981 wrote: Morning Sarge!! Didn't know about the date Sir - best of luck for it, and I hope she is as good as you deserve Sir!!!

I'm feeling a bit poorly this morning and and skipped my bike ride which I was looking forward to. I'm going to have a long soak in the bath and then struggle out to do some Xmas preparations

You take it easy there Missy B. There'll be plenty more bike rides for you to take advantage of. Enjoy your x-mas shopping and remember, I've been a good boy this year. Sarge loves a nice soap on a rope! NOW GET IN THAT TUB YOUNG LADY!!!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1445595=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

one2many;1016996 wrote: YOU came into my mind when I read it Saffy, you told me about mindfulness xx
                Oney Bum (and a cute one it is and all), have you heard or read any books by Eckhart Tolle? If you go to You Tube there are lots of recordings of his seminars. I start my day with a chapter or two from his books "The Power of Now; Stillness Speaks; A New Earth". Dr. Wayne Dwyer has got some incredible books as well. Well worth checking out. I have been a seeker for as long as I can remember. Studying many of the religions such as Buddism; Islam (have read the Koran), Christianity; Sufi; Hindu and finally found a way of being that totally resonates with what my soul has been trying to teach me. The simplicity of the present moment; perfect peace. I'm certainly not a perfect specimen with a glowing white halo, but I am more in touch with a truth that I just new was there all the time.

Comment

Awwhhh THANK YOU Saffy, I am only beginning but I WANT to learn...it makes sense in my head if you know what I mean......I am reading Awareness by Anthony De Mello at the mo and I have got some Wayne Dyer books that I have been meaning to read but havn't yet...they are next on the list..
                  I have heard of Eckhart Tolle, I am gonna order the books and off to youtube now.

Thanks for taking to time to tell me, I REALLY appreciate it.

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;1016984 wrote: Have a GREAT date Sarge xxxx I actually like the smell of Old Spice, reminds me of being a kid....

I ADORE the Motivation for today, has really hit a spot with me,Thank you xx

Private Oners you do know you're out of uniform, but I'm overlooking it for the next year or so. I've noticed Cooky's been giving you an extra dinner roll each night as he is quite taken with the outfit. It's the first time I've seen him with his hair combed. Normally he dips in the fryer and finger combs. Glad the motivation is working for ya!!!
                    Attached files [img]/converted_files/1445603=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

techie;1017006 wrote: Private Oners you do know you're out of uniform, but I'm overlooking it for the next year or so. I've noticed Cooky's been giving you an extra dinner roll each night as he is quite taken with the outfit. It's the first time I've seen with his hair combed. Normally he dips in the fryer and finger combs. Glad the motivation is working for ya!!!
                      :H:H:H:H:H

CHRIST you make me laugh xxx

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

sapphire1;1016990 wrote: Morning Sarge you old toad headed barnacle you (said with love of course Sarge). Whats this date shennanigans and why wasnt I informed? Anyhoo have a great time and keep your big booming voice down Sarge...you will scare the poor sucker away. On the exercise/food front....will step up the time on the bike today..gotta get some stress outta the system. I aim to do around 2 hours today Sarge in 2 stages...make up for the last two days sitting on the couch nursing Saffy. Had a hamburgers from Mackas last night Sir...dont know what got into me, havent had one of those for about two years. Pleased to report it was fusking orrible and aversion therapy completed again for another two years!!! Methinks you've gotta revisit some bad habits from time to time to freshen up why you ditched them in the first place...THIS DOES NOT INCLUDED LETTING THAT BASTARD AL IN THE BACK DOOR THOUGh SARGE!!!!!!!

Saph I'm not worried about suckin down a Big Mac now and then. You're right though they do tend to get to ya. Don't you worry about that freaking alcohol either cause we're at WAR with that enemy. I need you reporting in on your exercise stats later. KICK THAT STRESS RIGHT IN THE ASS....YOU HEAR ME SOLDIER???

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1445606=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

techie;1017009 wrote: Saph I'm not worried about suckin down a Big Mac now and then. You're right though they do tend to get to ya. Don't you worry about that freaking alcohol either cause we're at WAR with that enemy. I need you reporting in on your exercise stats later. KICK THAT STRESS RIGHT IN THE ASS....YOU HEAR ME SOLDIER???
                          I hear ya Sarge, I hear ya...in fact my left ear-drum just exploded. I know you have been trained in super-sonic warfare Sarge, but can you keep it down to 64octaves...me neightbours are going off their nut:H:H

Comment

All that crawling around in a sweaty smelly tent, and SHE gets to go to a nice Italian restaurant.....I'll remember this Sarge.

I have had an epiphany troops......delivered by Helen Mirren herself.......doing a Wii Fit ad.

Wii FIT !!!!!Why didn't I think about this before ?

Anyone own one ?
                            Love some feedback.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1017013 wrote: All that crawling around in a sweaty smelly tent, and SHE gets to go to a nice Italian restaurant.....I'll remember this Sarge.

I have had an epiphany troops......delivered by Helen Mirren herself.......doing a Wii Fit ad.

Wii FIT !!!!!Why didn't I think about this before ?

Anyone own one ?
                              Love some feedback.
                              Got one for the boys two years ago Bridge...the little mongrels laughed their heads off and said that it was uncool for them so I took it back to KMART. Lots of my clients (ex) had them and swore by them, you can jump on them anytime of the day and away you go.

Comment

Working...
                              X