Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats harder to stop smoking or drinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chief;1019266 wrote: I'm on day 7 of quitting drinking and smoking, so I don't really know what the hell I was craving the first few days.....

I've been taking all the vitamins/supps and have been exercising. I'm glad to be at the end of day 7.... the alcohol and nicotine are out of my system, now it's all mental.

Never again,
    Don
    Good for you Chief! Keep up the good work!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I am on day 5 of quitting smoking and am finding it heaps harder than quitting drinking!!! I mean I didn't drink ALL the time I was awake like I smoked and it is also my last crutch to deal with this fecking raw deal life seems to be dealing me atm. lol! Now, My only escape from reality is trashy paranormal novels. Which I highly recommend.
      PEACEOUT!!!!
      metalmel

Comment

I only smoked on and off about 25 years ago, never found it hard to quit. Since then, for about 20 years, I could smoke one or 2 every other month and it never sent me into a tailspin, like drinking does. I guess somehow I never was really addicted to amoking.

I agree with endoftheline, smoking is much more stigmatized and discouraged now. Drinking, unfortunately, is still glamorized. That may make it easier for some to just stop smoking. However for others that are really hooked on sigs, it just makes it more of the "forbidden fruit" that makes you want to more.

Comment

I'm on day 8 of not smoking and I am finding that it does get easier each day. I just want to be free from any type of addiction!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I second that motion. Way to go K9. Whoohoo.

Comment

Thanks a lot of great points of view here, it will help me understand why my OH cant just stop .
              AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Working...
              X