Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ringing Cedars, your 30 AF days start here!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ringing Cedars;1022591 wrote: Last night I was thinking--dangerous as that can be.
    I was thinking how I was going ok without al and that it really wasn't that big of a deal to meet this challenge. However, I also was thinking about how it will be nice to open a bottle of wine once I hit 30 days. Just wanted to note that for the record.
    well the good thing is that you are thinking about it and realising that its your choice on how you may want to go and who knows .. you just might not even worry about the answer when the time comes ... love and hugs sweet thing
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Ringing Cedars;1022591 wrote: Last night I was thinking--dangerous as that can be.
      I was thinking how I was going ok without al and that it really wasn't that big of a deal to meet this challenge. However, I also was thinking about how it will be nice to open a bottle of wine once I hit 30 days. Just wanted to note that for the record.
      Yeah, well, that thought gets me in trouble every time. Put that thought away for now, honey... I got it taped up in a box and stuffed to the back of the closet
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

It is good to be aware and always honest with yourself. We get nowhere if we kid ourselves. When faced with it, I find it helpful to look at it as an outsider looking at someone else and stay emotionally neutral; that is, be careful to not chastise yourself just for thinking it or desiring it, while seeing it for what it is. I think that's why the concept of "helping another alcoholic" is so valuable. We have the opportunity to gain insight into ourselves and may discover solutions we hadn't thought of before.

Look at it clearly, see it for what it is, then let it go, or as Sunni says, wrap it in a box and put it in the closet. These are something different than feeling you have to "fight" the thought. Fighting takes a lot of energy. It's also giving power to what you're fighting. That is why will power alone is unlikely to ever be a viable long term solution. I find that's where accepting what is, and looking for a solution from there is more workable. Acknowledge and let go, or put away just for today.

As tlrgs says, at the end of 30 days you may be in a different place - I was. Live in today, work on today - the past is gone and the future hasn't happened yet. :h
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Ditto what Sunnybutt said. From what I've seen in the past not only would I not stop at one glass, I wouldn't stop at one bottle. Of course this doesn't apply to everyone but from the many posts I've read, those who can moderate - that is IMO, having one or two drinks now and then and not white-knuckling it the other times - are definitely a minority here at MWO. I believe it's because people came here to get help with their drinking problem. If they were already able to moderate, they wouldn't have had a problem with every day or night or binge drinking. Just MHO. Why not look forward to accomplishing another goal - whatever that may be - instead of opening the bottle. Just a thought...said with kindness....from another Canuck.
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

OverIt2007;1022549 wrote: I love ya Lady!!! You can do this 30 days I know you can!! Im sorry I have not been around as much, this is due to work, Christmas, and Oh, I get lazy sometimes!

Here is a verse for you today, from my past Sunday at church. Since I know you love God, I know you will appreciate this..

Philippians 4:5-7 NIV

"The Lord is near. DO NOT be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petitions, and with thanksgiving... present all your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus"

If you're ever in a fix
            Remember Philippians 4:6
            :h Mish :h
            sigpic
            Never give up...
            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
            Remaining a perpetual possibility
            Only in a world of speculation.
            What might have been and what has been
            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

R.C. you rock:h Just wanted to mention that "a thought is just a thought and a thought cant hurt you" I am no longer afraid of drinking thinkin.....it doesnt mean that I have to act out the thought. No more than I would act out every single thought that I have. If I have a thought for example that I wanted to seriously maim one of my kids when they were behaving like deevills, it doesnt mean that I will:H:H
              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Hey RC - just wanted to say 'Hello' and add my support to your 30 day mission. You can do this! Be strong and stay determined! :l
                John
                AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Oh boy-I don't think I'm getting more done not drinking - just different things are getting addressed that I have avoided. Boxes of pack-ratting are diminishing slow but sure.

Thanks for your kind and wise words T, Sunny,Saph, Dance and PAGuy! I see you're giving moderation a go now John. Looking forward to reading about your success with it!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

:H
                    I'm the same way, RC.. I honestly can't say I'm getting MORE done... especially, if I hang around here all the time

Keep going, hun... you are doing splendidly!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

pssst Sunny I'm not here....

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hiya RC, just checking in to see how you're doing??? It looks like you are doing great ..........

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Hiya Betty Boopers! Thanks, I'm kickin it so far. Not much to report, but thought I should check in as instructed.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi there my dear friend - I am there hanging in for you - I know you can do this !

hugs to you

love, sun xx
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Ringing Cedars;1024413 wrote: Hiya Betty Boopers! Thanks, I'm kickin it so far. Not much to report, but thought I should check in as instructed.
                              Good

Carry on....
                              I'll do whatever it takes
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Excellent RC! Keep it up and may the light of the sun shine upon thee and grant strength in the darkest of hours and never let your faith nor courage fade on your quest for bringing justice and peace to all of our world

Comment

Working...
                                X