James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James

Hi James and welcome to the beginning of a bright new life. Withdrawals for me were pretty horrible. Lasted for about 6 days, peaking on day 2.5, and included: anxiety, agitation, headahes, back aches, weird electric shock sensations in some muscles; nausea; poor co-ordination; thought looping (same thoughts going round and round in my head); poor or no sleep for about 4 days; acutely sensitive hearing; visual problems, vomiting; diorrhea; strange and disturbing dreams; weakness and cant concentrate. Sorry is this sounds horrible James but it helps is you are prepared!!! You may experience none, some or all of these. If you start having distressing symptoms such as uncontrollable shaking, seizures or are just really concerned, it is best to seek medical help as soon as possible. The good news is that you do get over it and whne you come out the other side and feel better, you wont want to do it all again. Here for you my friend.....all the very best to you Saff:l
    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

James

:welcome: James, wishing all the very best, on your journey, you will get good advice and suport here. Take care!!! Lilly

Comment

James

Good morning james and welcome to mwo, Brillent community with lots of good support and advice from people who know.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

James

I hope you'll join us soon James, when you feel up to it.
          It's hard to fathom how important and helpful this site can be at first.
          A great source of information and comfort.
          Welcome.
          Bridget
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

James

Hi James... and welcome (don't know if I'm qualified to say that since I'm so new here, LOL)!

For the last 3-4 weeks or so, I've been hanging around here just reading, studying and researching. I finally signed up about a week and a half ago, ordered some supplements and CDs and decided that at some point I was going to quit. Early Sunday I woke up feeling the worst I have EVER felt after a night of drinking. Decided THAT WAS IT.

FAST FORWARD TO NOW This is my 4th AF day and still doing okay. That may not seem like much... but honestly, I can't remember the last time I went 2 (let alone 3) days AF. Today was probably my worst day, going back to bed after getting the kids off to school and sleeping VERY hard for another 3 hours. I really thought I would have some awful SEs from going cold turkey, but the thought of feeling like I did on Sunday... and even Saturday as I look back... helps to keep my craving at bay. I do know I may not always feel this way, but right now I have to be hopeful! I did order topomax and Kudzu yesterday just to help me combat the fear of more severe SEs and cravings.

The posts here have been very profound, uplifting and supportive. I have seen no judgements or put-downs, which is a great support and boost to me now. Please also feel free PM me, if you just want someone to talk to or swap experiences with.

Best of luck, James. Please don't feel too hesitant to say a few words. I'm sure glad I didn't wait too long!!!!

Spede

Comment

James

James, welcome. You have a wonderful mentor in Mish. Ask her how to PM me if you want to talk.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

James

Hey James! Welcome to the best place on the internet! (For folks like us, anyway!!)
                Coco

Comment

James

HI James we are all in the same boat here keep reading untill you feel ready to post
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Working...
                  X