Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AF BOOT CAMP DAY 24 (When The Moment Turned Romantic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright you sewage spewin pustules. I'm back and ready to ROCK the base. Doc worked miracles. I'm the BIGGEST BADDEST BOLDEST Sarge I can be. Why here's a pic of me and Nurse Jones this morning before formation. Ya might say we had a test run....

Jones & Sarge

NOW WE HAVE WORK TO DO. Just a heads up people. WE HAVE SOME FOLK STRUGGLING A BIT. SO WE NEED TO JOIN FORCES AND LEND OUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!

Sarge Sez: We leave no Man or Woman behind!!!

Motivation:

You are right where you should be at this moment. Now it is time to move on to what is next.
    Whether your life up to this point has been easy or whether it has been difficult, you are here just the same. And your destiny does not care about your past.

There are plenty of reasons why you find yourself here at this time. What matter much more, though, are the reasons you now have for moving forward.

As good as they have been, your triumphs of the past are now little more than pleasant memories. As painful as they once were, your past failures are now behind you.

Do you realize how completely free you are at this very moment? Do you understand that the main thing holding you back is your belief that something is holding you back?

Today is your opportunity to fully taste that freedom and to finally get beyond the limits you've imposed on yourself. Reach inside, touch your most compelling purpose, and bring your best possibilities to life.

Healthy Lifestyle:

5 Bad Habits Ruining Your Health

You can't remember the last time you replaced your toothbrush -
    If you haven't replaced your toothbrush since the last Presidential election, it's likely harboring some nasty stuff. Bacteria, fungi and even herpes viruses can lie in wait, waiting to incite a nasty cold sore or worse, says Hemali Ajmera, DDS, a New York cosmetic dentist. "Bacteria linked to periodontal disease and cardiovascular health can multiply," says Ajmera. Oral fungal infections can also be picked up and spread to other members of the household or re-infect the same person.

Do this instead: Replace your toothbrush every three to four months. Kids who chew on their toothbrushes should get a new brush every few weeks and teenagers with braces will also need to replace their brushes more often.

You sleep in on the weekends =
    When you get up early on weekdays, you may look forward to making up for lost sleep on the weekends. Unfortunately, your body doesn't work that way, says Jack D. Gardner, MD, medical director of the Medical Sleep Solutions Center at Methodist Dallas Medical Center, TX. "Sleep isn't like a piggy bank you in which you can take an hour from Tuesday and deposit it on Saturday," says Gardner. Sleeping extra hours on weekends shifts hormones (i.e. melatonin and cortisol), which changes your circadian rhythm, the body's built-in 24-hour clock. "It's like sleeping in different time zones," says Gardner. You'll pay the price in chronic tiredness and fatigue and an inability to fall asleep when you do hit the hay.

Do this instead: Be consistent. "Get up within an hour of your normal weekday wake-up time on weekends," says Gardner. Turn on lights or open the curtains to allow light to signal to your body clock it's time to wake up.

You get your cardiovascular exercise exclusively on the elliptical trainer or a bicycle -
    Pumping away on a bike or elliptical trainer provides cardiovascular benefits but does little for bone health. If you're concerned with osteoporosis, you'll need to add some sort of impact, says Irv Rubenstein, PhD, exercise physiologist and founder of S.T.E.P.S., Nashville, TN. "Strength work alone isn't sufficient to build bone." Impact refers to moves such as jumping jacks, walking and running. A machine such as the elliptical trainer provides constant muscle tension, but it's not enough to strengthen bones, says Rubenstein.

Do this instead: Add treadmill or outdoor walking or running to your cardio routine. Or try these simple heel drops: rise up onto the balls of your feet (with or without shoes) and drop onto your heels. Perform 10 sets of 10 repetitions throughout the day.

You carry your laptop or handbag over the same shoulder every day -
    Before you sling that heavy bag over your shoulder, try using the other side of your body. It could save you from future pain. "Carrying unbalanced loads over time may contribute to a number of muscular problems and pain of the neck, shoulder and arm," says Dreisinger. "Plus, carrying hand bags could aggravate arm pain by the gripping and twisting motion of carrying." Medial and lateral epicondylitis, elbow pain commonly known as golfer's and tennis elbow, can result even if you don't play either sport.

Do this instead: Switch shoulders and/or hands back and forth throughout the day.

You haven't changed your pillows in years -
    If you wake up with puffy eyes and a stuffy head, blame your pillow and its microscopic inhabitants. Unless you regularly change your pillows or toss them and your bedding into the dryer you're inhaling dust mites along with their digestive enzymes and feces, says Steven M. Houser, MD, director of allergy and paranasal sinus medicine and surgery at MetroHealth, Ohio. "These allergens accumulate and can trigger allergies and asthma in susceptible individuals," says Houser.

Do this instead: Use dust-proof barriers on pillows and mattresses (available online and in bedding stores) and fluff pillows and comforters in the dryer every couple of weeks for 10 minutes or so, which kills dust mites.

style="color: darkgreen;">Exercise:
    WOW I am excited to see someone try this exercise routine from Women's Health Mag. It looks fairly easy and effective.
    LOSE FAT WORKOUT | Women's Health Magazine

Recipe du jour
    :

Vegemite Basted Chicken

Servings Size

1 Combine Vegemite and butter in a small bowl.
    2 Place lemon inside cavity of chicken. Secure legs and wings with string or skewers and place on a rack in a roasting pan. 3 Brush with the combined mixture of Vegemite and butter. 4 Bake chicken in an oven at 200?C, allowing 25 minutes per 500gr (1 hour, 15 minutes). 5 Baste chicken at least twice during cooking with remaining Vegemite mixture.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/45287=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Morning Sarge. Have to do short post. Light duties for a while...eye surgery went very well.
    Sarge, could you please send the troops on a mission to welcome James to the thread I started. Just to ease him in to MWO so everything is in the one spot for him? Also, please Sir, could you give him some advice on sugars, supps, juices etc and things to help withdrawals. I've set him on the right track but your expertise far outweighs my own.
    He's been a very brave soldier over the past week, Sarge, and is now a normal colour instead of grey and pasty. He's come through very well and, personally, I think he deserves a medal. I know you will keep this in mind.
    Off to eat and take pills, Sarge.
    :thanks:
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Morning Sarge. Have to do short post. Light duties for a while...eye surgery went very well.
      Sarge, could you please send the troops on a mission to welcome James to the thread I started. Just to ease him in to MWO so everything is in the one spot for him? Also, please Sir, could you give him some advice on sugars, supps, juices etc and things to help withdrawals. I've set him on the right track but your expertise far outweighs my own.
      He's been a very brave soldier over the past week, Sarge, and is now a normal colour instead of grey and pasty. He's come through very well and, personally, I think he deserves a medal. I know you will keep this in mind.

PS Love the Vegemite Chicken recipe.
      sigpic
      Never give up...
      GET UP!!!

Comment

Mishmash;1019152 wrote: Morning Sarge. Have to do short post. Light duties for a while...eye surgery went very well.

PS Love the Vegemite Chicken recipe.

ATTENTION. Private Mish made a request that I support 100% We have a recruit named James who has been through a rough spot. I want you dung beetles to make me pround and give him a fittin welcome. DO YOU HEAR ME. I would like to see him join this platoon as a regular. Tomorrow's bulletin will be dedicated to James on ways he can improve his diet and spirit. NO GET YOU BUTTS MOVING. YES I CAN REMOVE THE LEDERHOSEN TOMORROW. Doc said so!!!
        Attached files [img]/converted_files/1447367=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

:l
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

Comment

Well troops it is damn good to be back with ya. I'm stayin away from that dating thing for awhile. It's especially bad when ya had the bark torn off yer tree. Just didn't leave old Sarge with a warm and fuzzy feeling. Anyway, just to set things straight with her I've adopted a new base dating policy for men. More information can be found on my web site!

OPERATION SARGE

www.penisflytrap.com
            Attached files [img]/converted_files/1447414=5823-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1447414=6032-attachment.gif[/img]

Comment

Mishmash;1019202 wrote: :l
              Thanks sweetie!

Comment

Pssst, Sarge

Your lederhosen are on back-to-front

Comment

tawnyfrog;1019212 wrote: Pssst, Sarge

Your lederhosen are on back-to-front
                  Thanks and PLEASE keep it quiet. BTW, *** W&FF *** Attached files [img]/converted_files/1447438=6033-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

morning troops... ive been a bit lazy the last few days but im keeping a smile on my face
                    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

[QUOTE=techie;1019145] Alright you sewage spewin pustules. I'm back and ready to ROCK the base. Doc worked miracles. I'm the BIGGEST BADDEST BOLDEST Sarge I can be. Why here's a pic of me and Nurse Jones this morning before formation. Ya might say we had a test run....

Jones & Sarge

Erm.
                      I will have you know that Jones is not the 'date you have when you haven't got a date'
                      Or the Clayton's date as it is known in my country.
                      What makes you think that Jones is any safer than the folk you find on PENIS FLY TRAP - home ?
                      Eh ?
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[quote]byebyebridgetjones;1019432 wrote:
                        Originally posted by techie View Post
                        Alright you sewage spewin pustules. I'm back and ready to ROCK the base. Doc worked miracles. I'm the BIGGEST BADDEST BOLDEST Sarge I can be. Why here's a pic of me and Nurse Jones this morning before formation. Ya might say we had a test run....

Jones & Sarge

Erm.
                        I will have you know that Jones is not the 'date you have when you haven't got a date'
                        Or the Clayton's date as it is known in my country.
                        What makes you think that Jones is any safer than the folk you find on PENIS FLY TRAP - home ?
                        Eh ?
                        Sarge apologizes Nurse. Do you think the Clayton's would join us this Saturday night?

Comment

Um, excuse me, Sarge but I thought Nurse Jones was a blonde?!

Staying the course, Sir. Resisted a trigger friend last night who was a former drinking buddy - did not let my lips touch a drop, Sarge. The loyal soldier as always Sir.

Good eats planned for today, fresh, homemade stuff including sweet potato gnocchi on the menu, plans for a 3-miler of some sort, and generally healthy, sober activities, Sir.

Comment

Choochie;1019596 wrote: Um, excuse me, Sarge but I thought Nurse Jones was a blonde?!

Staying the course, Sir. Resisted a trigger friend last night who was a former drinking buddy - did not let my lips touch a drop, Sarge. The loyal soldier as always Sir.

Good eats planned for today, fresh, homemade stuff including sweet potato gnocchi on the menu, plans for a 3-miler of some sort, and generally healthy, sober activities, Sir.

Nurse Jones is Blonde Choochie. That wasn't Bye Bye, that was her twin Sister Nurse Ta Ta Jones. BTW, FANTASTIC job. Fighting that dang temptation ONLY makes us stronger. That's what it all about soldier. The poison is all around us. It's too easy to access and way too many folks are in trouble with it. I'm so proud of you.

I like your eating and exercise plan. Make sure you report in later today!

WE HAVE FAR TOO MANY AWOL. Report in you lazy bunch of cattle droppings!!!
                            Attached files [img]/converted_files/1447803=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

[quote]techie;1019580 wrote:
                              Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                              Sarge apologizes Nurse. Do you think the Clayton's would join us this Saturday night?
                              Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                              To work out Sir ?
                              I believe they would Sir, yes.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                              X