Clear All

Army Thread 8th December

And me.
    Still snuggled in me pit stumpy style
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Chillgirl;1019340 wrote: Hi Mario, you still got snow? Any work going on for you this week?
      we dident get snow last night but its still freezing, -13 in some parts, getting bits of work but that seems to be drying up, no work today as i am of to see my councillor get it all out of me

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

A real storm going on here, guess I'm not going cycling....
        Morning KTAB and Stumpy
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Morning ktab & starts.

ktab whats your take on this budget ?

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Much as expected, a little surprised property tax was not introduced or water rates either but they will down the line. My honest opinion is the country is bankrupt but the EU cant let us declare that. Hard to see how a little country with a small population can make enough cut backs and tax raises to make the repayments needed. Interesting few years ahead.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Poxy Childrens allowance
              Could have been worse I suppose tho..

Chillpill, have a duvet day
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Err add in the changes in PRSI and the new universal social charge plus the reduction in tax bands and I think you will find they are.

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

I was telling one2many about this last night, this was in the Irish independent this morning.

Hundreds queued at Bank of Ireland (BoI) ATMs around the country last night after the machines started dispensing large amounts of cash which people did not have in their accounts.

BoI spokeswoman Mary Brennan confirmed people had been able to withdraw more money than they had in their accounts. She warned the customers would be "liable" for the extra cash they took out.

But Ms Brennan said the bank categorically denied that people received more money than they had requested from machines.

"When our systems go offline as they did, we can't see people's balances and they can't see their balance so we take a decision to make a certain amount of cash available to customers. So some customers were able to obtain money from the ATM that they did not have in their account," she said.

Ms Brennan continued, "We took a decision to allow some flexibility to our customers . . . it has been exploited by a minority of people." A system in place for when there is a technical failure means some people can get money as they have been pre-approved by the bank, even if there is no cash in their account, she said.

She said customers would be "liable" for the extra cash they had taken out but added that BoI hadn't decided how it would go about recovering its money.

Customers

Reports first spread on social-network site Twitter and soon banks had long queues outside ATMs in several locations.

A spokesperson had initially dismissed the reports.

In Limerick, for example, one man with just €20 in his account was able to withdraw €200.

Earlier, the bank was forced to apologise to its one million customers after a separate technical problem meant they were unable to withdraw cash on their ATM cards. The bank rushed to reassure customers the matter was only a technical one. There was no suggestion of any funding issues, it insisted.

Earlier a spokesman for the bank said its electronic payments systems were knocked out at 9.20am, with the bank struggling throughout the day to rectify the breakdown.

The fault meant ATMs were not working and customers were unable to make online transactions. The malfunction only affected BoI debit and ATM cardholders. People with cards issued by other banks were able to withdraw cash from the 1,000 BoI ATM machines countrywide. However, all transactions will be taken from their accounts.

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

KTAB;1019363 wrote: Err add in the changes in PRSI and the new universal social charge plus the reduction in tax bands and I think you will find they are.
                    Ahh well, we are still alive and healthy and as you said, nobody will end up in a soup kitchen..

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

mario;1019364 wrote: I was telling one2many about this last night, this was in the Irish independent this morning.

Hundreds queued at Bank of Ireland (BoI) ATMs around the country last night after the machines started dispensing large amounts of cash which people did not have in their accounts.

BoI spokeswoman Mary Brennan confirmed people had been able to withdraw more money than they had in their accounts. She warned the customers would be "liable" for the extra cash they took out.

But Ms Brennan said the bank categorically denied that people received more money than they had requested from machines.

"When our systems go offline as they did, we can't see people's balances and they can't see their balance so we take a decision to make a certain amount of cash available to customers. So some customers were able to obtain money from the ATM that they did not have in their account," she said.

Ms Brennan continued, "We took a decision to allow some flexibility to our customers . . . it has been exploited by a minority of people." A system in place for when there is a technical failure means some people can get money as they have been pre-approved by the bank, even if there is no cash in their account, she said.

She said customers would be "liable" for the extra cash they had taken out but added that BoI hadn't decided how it would go about recovering its money.

Customers

Reports first spread on social-network site Twitter and soon banks had long queues outside ATMs in several locations.

A spokesperson had initially dismissed the reports.

In Limerick, for example, one man with just ?20 in his account was able to withdraw ?200.

Earlier, the bank was forced to apologise to its one million customers after a separate technical problem meant they were unable to withdraw cash on their ATM cards. The bank rushed to reassure customers the matter was only a technical one. There was no suggestion of any funding issues, it insisted.

Earlier a spokesman for the bank said its electronic payments systems were knocked out at 9.20am, with the bank struggling throughout the day to rectify the breakdown.

The fault meant ATMs were not working and customers were unable to make online transactions. The malfunction only affected BoI debit and ATM cardholders. People with cards issued by other banks were able to withdraw cash from the 1,000 BoI ATM machines countrywide. However, all transactions will be taken from their accounts.
                      What a feckin disaster...altho, how are they gonna recover money from people if they don't have it..

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

I wish them luck getting the money back. Hardly inspires confidence in their security systems does it. As an aside most of it is taxpayers money to all intents and purposes, about 80% I think

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Boi spokesman has said it will be taken back and charged as an overdraft, but as some of the people that took the money had no overdraft it could get confusing , but no doubt the bank will chase everyone down till the end of the world :-), ps I am with AIB.

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

one2many;1019367 wrote: Ahh well, we are still alive and healthy and as you said, nobody will end up in a soup kitchen..
                            True but not as sure about the soup kitchens as I was. Going to be a very tough winter for a lot of people and heard on the news today that 1 in 4 charities are facing closure this year due to lack of both government and private funding.

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

mario;1019370 wrote: , but no doubt the bank will chase everyone down till the end of the world :-), ps I am with AIB.
                              :H:H:H:H

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

mario;1019370 wrote: Boi spokesman has said it will be taken back and charged as an overdraft, but as some of the people that took the money had no overdraft it could get confusing , but no doubt the bank will chase everyone down till the end of the world :-), ps I am with AIB.
                                Yeh but did you get your next holiday money out of a BOI ATM?

Comment

Working...
                                X