Army Thread 8th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 8th December

KTAB;1019371 wrote: True but not as sure about the soup kitchens as I was. Going to be a very tough winter for a lot of people and heard on the news today that 1 in 4 charities are facing closure this year due to lack of both government and private funding.
    Thats sad.....country is fucked up but no point in worrying about it, worrying solves nothing.Gonna pull my belt in a good few notches tho!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

At least your trousers will stay up, I suppose. Not worried just saddened it all went so wrong due in the most part by the greed of all concerned. What will be will be.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

You have to take that attitude Oney, at the end of the day we all have to take responsibility for ourselves....

Think I need to build an ark here this storm is mental!
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

KTAB;1019373 wrote: Yeh but did you get your next holiday money out of a BOI ATM?
          NO COMENT

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Lovely laying in bed Chilli, all snug, listening to a storm outside.
            Right I am away to earn a crust, be good.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

KTAB;1019359 wrote: Much as expected, a little surprised property tax was not introduced or water rates either but they will down the line. My honest opinion is the country is bankrupt but the EU cant let us declare that. Hard to see how a little country with a small population can make enough cut backs and tax raises to make the repayments needed. Interesting few years ahead.
              Just in for a quick fly-by.

KTAB - Greece is in a similar situation right now. We've been sent extra income tax to pay on income that hasn't even been received yet. My sons, who both got small refunds last year (around 50 - 60 euro) were sent bills for 700 and 500 euro respectively and Mr. Stirly for 2500 euro. We are also required to pay a fine on our apartment to cover the 10 square metres that wasn't included in the original number of square metres of floor space declared to the building license board. Those 10 square metres are considered to be illegal but they were illegally not included by the building company who built the building. The floor space was stated as being that much less in our purchasing contract because they only had a permit for so many squ. metres but built bigger to get more money. So basically it's they who should be paying the fine not us. It is a fine of 1000 euro and we're getting off lightly. All building companies build that way. There has not been one single apartment or house constructed during the last 20 years that did not have unclaimed floor space anywhere from a few sq. metres to hundreds. Plus there have been cutbacks in bonuses that the civil servants make. A young couple in our building estimate that their income will be cut back by 4,000 euro a year. That's not a small amount when you consider that minimum wage is around 700 euro a month right now. Don't know where it's going to end. Gas is up over the 1.50 euro a litre and heating fuel is not far behind. Like you say, a small country with a small population expected to cover a large debt.

On a lighter note - it is a gorgeous sunny day. Our kids are healthy and we all have roofs over our heads and food on the table.

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Chillgirl;1019376 wrote: You have to take that attitude Oney, at the end of the day we all have to take responsibility for ourselves....

Think I need to build an ark here this storm is mental!
                As long as you dont bring any wood peckers on to it it can last forever

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

one2many;1019374 wrote: Gonna pull my belt in a good few notches tho!
                  KTAB;1019375 wrote:
                  At least your trousers will stay up, I suppose.
                  The belt might be needed to pull in the waist but I don't think the trousers will slide easily off that bum. Just saying....

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

mario;1019380 wrote: As long as you dont bring any wood peckers on to it it can last forever
                    Good choice of word, Mario. You do realize that Oney is around and still posting. ....:H:H

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Good Morning!
                      I just dug my car out again and cleared all the paths, though I don't think I'll be driving anywhere for the next few days at least. The street I live on hasn't seen a plough this year so I'm not holding my breath...or complaining. It's just something we all have to deal with here.
                      Sorry to hear about your worries over the water in Ireland, though I'm also sure things will improve eventually. I've a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better here too. I'm glad to see our students getting there voices back. Demos still can have an effect once the government remembers they work for us and not the other way around.
                      Anyway, I hope you day goes smoothly and peacefully.

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Stirly I may come to Greece, the minimum wage here is only 500, we have similar building issues to you. I don't even have mains water where I live and they are now making us pay for a licence for the wells on our property to get extra revenue. The only reason I'm struggling to stay is paying my bills as my electricity is 200 a month, mainly because of the water pump I need to pump the water from the well! It's crazy....
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Ok people :-)have to leg it, laters

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Hiya Popeye. Too bad about not being able to get out in your car but at least your not housebound.

Chill - min. wage is 700 but you can't get a decent apartment for less that 400 in the less expensive parts of the city. That doesn't leave much left over for living expenses. A lot of people are struggling to make ends meet. Of course, managing your money has something to do with that, but there are families with young children and not so good incomes who really are having a hard time of it.

Am off to visit my hair salon (my bathroom) for a cut and colour by yours truly. It involves a lot of use of a hand mirror to look at the back of my head while trying to use the scissors. And the hand in the mirror never goes the way I think it's going to. Wish me luck...

See you Mario.

Where is that JackieClaire?? :sofa: ??

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Yep, where is JC?

When is the big move Chily Willy?
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 8th December

Morning Tips,Saffers,cirly wirly stirly girly,mario the man,Mrs Un-Grumpy,Chillers,Ktabbers,Starters,Poppers, Oners and is there any one left to drop by

Sleep fairy has made me her constant companion the last few days, I've just come out from under the duvet topped off with me faux fur throw and I was in sleepy sleepy heaven.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X