DUI Everyone Take a Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DUI Everyone Take a Look

So often we hear of friends getting DUI's and the impact of that is harsh. But worse than a DUI is the destruction caused by accidents after drinking. Please take a look at the attached commerical made in Australia and share it with family and friends this season. Let's help keep everyone safe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8[/video]]YouTube - TAC Campaign - 20 year Anniversary retrospective montage "Everybody Hurts" music by REM TV ad
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

DUI Everyone Take a Look

seem like great minds think a like .. we both posted the same and its a great reminder of what could happen if anyone drinks and drives and the best one i have seem yet
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

Thank you both - it really hit home with me.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

Certainly gets one's attention. Thanks
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

Hi All
          Very good reminder of one of the worst aspect's of drinking. We may not all agree here on certain aspects of drinking and life but this we all have to realize is wrong.

Don't Drink and Drive.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

Thank you Kate. Miss talking to you.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

Interesting that both Rog and I posted this at nearly the exact same moment! Must be that we really need to reflect on this valuable information!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

A very sobering message.

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

That's a very powerful video but even so, how many people who have watch it are STILL going to drink drive...

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

hi kate,my wife sent it to me,ive watched it several times just as a reminder,it was very easy to get into a car for years ,for my generation.it was a norm ?amagine that.gyco

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

Have saved this to show my grands, children. Something all of us should watch periodically as a tragic reminder. I drank and drove, something I can never forgive myself entirely for, but I can give thanks that no one was hurt, THAT time. There will never be a NEXT time. A dear friend's son caused an accident while drinking, killed a young couple with their 2 children in the back seat who were unharmed, physically. One bad decision can alter the lives of so many people in an instant. I still know people who laugh about doing it, rail against law enforcement when caught, brag about getting away with doing it, and just DON'T get the implications.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

Wow - such a powerful message. Wish it was shown on USA TV !!!!
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

Hi All
                          Just wanted to add that yes I was guilty of this many times. I am sober now and when i think back to my drinking days, thinking about drinking and driving makes me tremble. I only worried about getting caught. How selfish can a person be. What kind of mind set do we lapse into because of the drinking. Then when friends got caught it was no big deal to us. Just bad luck.It is one of my biggest regrets looking back that I did this.

AF 5-16-08
                          AF 5-16-08

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

I think that many of us at one time or another got behind the wheel after drinking. I know that I did....sad for sure! The thing is, when sober, I would never have thought of getting behind the wheel after drinking, nor letting anyone else drive after drinking....but....once I started drinking, all bets were off and I would convince myself that I was "OK to drive". I am so grateful that I never got into an accident during one of these times. These days I think the best thing that I can do is to speak out about not driving after drinking. If we can help save even one life, we can pay it forward!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

DUI Everyone Take a Look

I have been on both ends of DUI. I have driven myself, wasted THOUSANDS in attorney fees, lost my self-respect, and set a very poor example to my children (which is priceless). I have also been the person that opens the front door to two highway patrol men and the coroner to tell me that the man I loved dearly was wrapped around a very large tree and so destroyed they wouldn't let us view his body. Trust me...it isn't worth it. I can happily say that through some very very dear friends here at MWO, I have just passed my 16 month sobriety mark.
                              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                              X