Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Sunday 12th December

:hallo: Army

I had the weirdest night. I was up and wide awake in more or less 3-hour cycles, but every time I fell asleep again, I had the bestest sleep and very real dreams. Interesting... I slept for over 9 hours, despite having had a nanna nap yesterday afternoon.

Another very hot but blustery day here. You can't really be outdoors, but you also don't want to be indoors... I guess that means I'll be mostly sitting under the covered verandah - sort of in between, I guess.

Mrs. T and the cubs are on their way into town. They are going to look at boogie boards and body vests in preparation for our holiday. I surreptitiously paid some extra money into their savings accounts so the balances won't look too bad afterwards. But I feel it's important that they mostly pay for it themselves.

I've been having them assist me when I do the water meter reading and showing them the incremental penalties we pay as our usage increases. Ditto when I buy electricity on the Internet - they punch in the code you get, and they can see exactly how many kWh units we get for our money (especially when it shot up by 30% earlier this year).

I know it can sound as if I'm anal - but I'm not, really (at least I don't think so). I just don't want them growing up just expecting and expecting and expecting...

Anyhoooooooo, I digress... have a lovely Sunday.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Good morning Tiperoonie :hallo:
    I don't think it's anal at all, I think you sound like an amazing Dad :l
    It's all these things that are part of what children need to learn in life yet so many parents skip that bit and end up with brats who don't understand the value of anything. You are really helping them to become better balanced.

Well it was a nice party last night but I slipped away around 11.30pm as the dancing started and the wine was having the desired effect on everyone. I guess now I don't drink these nights will never be the same but it's a small price to pay. We are all meeting at lunchtime for a "hangover" cycle so I will no doubt hear the tales of what transpired as the night wore on.

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday.......
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

I agree with what Chilli said. You are a great dad Tiggs, and your kids will thank you for it.

Chill, sometimes I feel I am missing out on some fun and then I remember where that "fun" took me. I still sometimes wish I could drink like a "normal' person tho......
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good morning, Ditto about what Chill said-Tips, you sound like a great dad:l. Not too much news at the moment-just having a lazy Sunday morning-eating croissants and drinking coffee. And trying to figure out what we're getting up to today. My daughter is at her dad's this weekend so I just have my little "love child". I'm all he has-we have not seen his dad in years. All the more reason for me to stay sober. He may have been an "accident" but he was no mistake. That little kid is the most precious thing in the world to me (and my daughter too, of course). And the poor little guy looks just like me:H! Just hope he turns out better and does not make all the stupid choices in life that I have. But I'm getting better. Actually pretty proud of us. We put together a huge wall shelf all by ourselves yesterday and now I've got all my books (our family LOVES books) out of the boxes and neatly arranged on our big shelves! YIHA!

Comment

Oh Expat, that was a lovely post xxx
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

startingover;1021354 wrote: Oh Expat, that was a lovely post xxx
            What the squirrel said :l:l:l:l:l
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hiya Chill, Expat & Starty

I was just having a walk around the garden. I think we're in for a dry summer. The plants are already looking a bit sad... But there is no point in watering when the wind is blowing like this. It just evaporates again. I'll put on the sprayers late afternoon - the wind normally subsides a bit that time of day.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:groupluv: Thanks guys! Great to have all of you to share things with. Happy Sunday to all the rest of you who are perhaps still snoozing. Off to walk the dog! All ice patches have melted so I think it's safe out there:H. Just gotta watch out for those little terrier sluts who try to lead my little pug boy astray. My fecking knuckles are still killing me after that fall. I'll live.

Comment

Just to cheer the Irish up..

Stand by for more snow, -10C chills and a white Christmas | Irish Examiner
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;1021361 wrote: Just to cheer the Irish up..

Stand by for more snow, -10C chills and a white Christmas | Irish Examiner
                    Good morning, Your Loveliness :h
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

morning Oney, Starts and Expat....

Expat i understand the little victories like putting up your shelves, i felt like a king when i wired up my router without having to ask a bloke!
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

colder than Siberia! :shocked:
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Tippers xxxxxxx

I know Chill, it's gonna be feckin freezin!

Expat, that was a lovely post xx
                          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Morning Tips, Expat, Starters,Chilly,Oners and all those yet to drop by,

Tips, good for you mate. I had to tell my two when they were very little around about Christmas time that Santa just didn't bring the presents we had to give him a big cheque for delivery so don't ask for too much.

Expat, I've got a warm fuzzy feeling from your post.

Chills, I gave up partying at Christmas years ago because I much preferred getting hammered in the house and you could guarantee I'd be poured into a taxi at the end of the night. I still shudder with shame. We're doing one or two thing in January cos I loathe that month.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

G'mornin, JC :l
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X