A Big Thank you to Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to thank the kind soul who talked to me on chat last night and helped me laugh at get out of a bad mood I was in. I have done alot of reading in this forum and the information soo many you have given is invalueable. Boy oh boy there are tough days staying sober..Yesterday was one of them. I contemplating seeing a doctor about getting on baclofen to help with uneasiness due to cravings. I also going to take the advice of many posters regarding vitamins and supplements. Thank you again....
    AF 11/22/2010

I love the people here, no judgements and just great support from everyone.

Great that you had that support when you needed it Clthorson, that bad mood could have led to you doing something you regretted.

I find it really hard when I get home from work, which was always when I tossed one down (before I walked the dog!!!) Then continued on when I got home til stumps.

I now mix myself a lemon, lime and bitters - mind you I'm only at week 2.

I also find that if I keep myself really busy, I dont have time (well I try to distract myself, because lets face, you always find time to mix a drink) to think about drinking.

I have recently switched to full time work instead of part time and that is helping me heaps.

Good luck.
    Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
    :h ya
    Trix

Comment

Hi Trix,

Thank you soo much for saying Hi. I believe in strength in numbers. AL makes you feel lonely...scared...uneasy about the world when your off it. When drinking it makes you feel a false sense of peace and ego. I want to tackle the world sober...with whatever comes my way. Nothing feels worse than going threw withdrawls...I am sure alot of posters on here would say that is true. The ugly shadow of Alcoholism is a shadow where it throws you into a darkness you feel no hope of ever getting out of. But there is a light! It's us banding together to help eachother along the path..for me to take on being there for others...to let my egostistical self loathing pass behind...to end the self destructing nature to become the man and person I feel I am...

Love and blessings to you trix,
      Christian
      AF 11/22/2010

Comment

glad to see you doing your best 75 this is a great site so keep on posting and lets do this together
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
        X