Just a rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a rant

I've been working my ass off and running around to make this a 'good' Christmas for everyone (especially my kids, 18 and 19, now both not working and broke)... came home from an entire day Christmas shopping to my son telling me to fuck off on a FB post (a comment/reply to a photo) and my daughter pronouncing ours a dysfunctional family.

Wtf? Is it 'piss on your mother day' and I just didn't get the memo?

Sorry... but somehow this has really upset me. I'll get over it, I'm sure. And no, I definitely won't reach for a glass
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Just a rant

Bleh. Take heart. They will eventually be 30, right???? Reading this makes me grateful my mother didn't kill me back when I knew everything and she knew nothing (18).

:l I'm glad Christmas only comes once a year. How 'bout you??

Good that you are not considering a drink over it! Fabulous!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Just a rant

sunshine_gg;1023322 wrote: my son telling me to fuck off on a FB post (a comment/reply to a photo) and my daughter pronouncing ours a dysfunctional family.
      Remember when you were that age and did/said things that make you absolutely cringe when you think back on them? This would be theirs.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Just a rant

Sunshine,

I feel for ya.....my son is back home, no job and broke....annoying to say the least. I have been direct, saying, I need you to shovel the driveway, vacuum the house, clean the bathrooms, etc. But, two against one, uh oh. I just keep thinking, "This to shall pass."
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Just a rant

I'm sorry GG, mine is still to little yet to do that but I'm positive I'll be heading down that road to with you. Delete their comments if you can, you don't need that staring at you. I wish I had more words of wisdom for you, but I don't have the experience to back it up. Maybe take their driving priviledges away for a bit and see how they like those bag of apples..

Comment

Just a rant

Sunnybutt...:huggy

I don't know what to say. I had massive arguments with my older son when he was about that age. Luckily as he got older, he calmed down and wasn't always on the defensive. Being a teen is so tough. Being a mother of two teens is even tougher. I sympathize with you. That's about all I can say. And :goodjob: from staying away from the bottle. Remember, you can't drown your sorrows in a bottle. They know how to swim...
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Just a rant

Oh my dearest Sunshine,
              First, good on you for not reaching for a glass of whatever.

Children, teeneagers, adults can be complete creeps.
              Christmas seems to bring on so much tension within families.
              Including mine.... well Mr. Rags' that is ... My family are all deceased. ( This officially makes me an orphan)
              But, I am so damned uncomfortable and ill at ease with Mr. Rags' Xmas get togethers I finally had the guts to say I'm no longer going to go to them. Big weight off my shoulders.

Now, what if your kids are feeling some sort of pressure about the whole HUGE Christmas thing.
              Do they need a bit of space? Do you need a bit of space?
              Even though you are knocking your socks of trying your best to create/produce a memorable dinner or whatever, is it what everyone wants? Could it be a more casual affair, but with just as much goodwill and love?
              Could it be a happier time if there wasn't so much Christmas pressure? So much expectation?

I completely understand that you want to do the best you can to make this a great occasion for you and your family.... but what if you did it a little bit Aussie style and did it a bit more laid back.... then you are not under so much stress, nor are the kids.

Dunno. Just some thoughts.

Get them to shovel some of that snow so I don't have to when I do the exchange thing!!!!!

Comment

Just a rant

:H:H:H
                Thanks guys You're the best.
                I'm feeling better today. Just really struck a wrong chord with me. Btw... neither of them live at home anymore and Christmas is actually a pretty relaxed and informal affair here.

My daughter said last night "Oh lighten up, it was just a joke". Boy, that one really went over my head

Punks. That's what they are. So there.
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Just a rant

I feel for you GG. My kids like to use the "it was a joke" line on me too. Being a parent is a tough job. I've at least learned to only do as much Christmas stuff that pleases ME. The big tree that they talked me into buying, that the pre-lit lights don't work. I leave that for them to decorate, and I may just let them take it down too.

It's no fun not being appreciated, but good for you for not drinking over it.:l
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Just a rant

hi

hi unconditional love is the solution...kids can sense that ....being a mother is not a job like most think its something u transform to be... u r a great mom....ur kids will understand that....till then unconditional love.....

Comment

Just a rant

Sunni...telling you to F Off is not ok......no matter how old he is....You are a sweet giving person and do not deserve that....I woud have knocked his head off!!!!
                      Good for you not drinking, baby
                      Unconditional love yes....disrespect....no
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                      X