Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Saturday 18th December

Good morning, Army

I woke up to another stunning day. Looks like it's going to be a scorcher, but what the hell, we'll jump in the pool when the going gets tough

We ended up having a fantastic evening last night. It was a "perfect Stellenbosch evening" - they are legendary. A little restaurant in the historic centre of town had a Sushi special (platters ranging from ZAR70 - 90) so we pigged out on that a bit. We strolled a block or two to buy gelatos for something sweet and then came home again and just chilled. It was 26C at 9.00 p.m. and not a breath of wind. Just lovely...

Have a wonderful Saturday, whatever you intend getting up to
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Good morning Mr Tips
    That sounds like my perfect evening, sushi is my favorite food, it would be my last supper with tons of pickled ginger....... I swear the stuff makes me high

I've been having night sweats for the last two weeks, it's like my body is going through phantom AL withdrawal.... Is that possible?!

Looking forward to going out tonight as haven't been out in ages, McNotdreamy is taking me to a new restaurant up in the hills, it looks fab!

Happy Saturday troops, hope you are all safe and warm and feeling good
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;1024497 wrote: I've been having night sweats for the last two weeks, it's like my body is going through phantom AL withdrawal.... Is that possible?!
      Hiya, Chilli :l

Urm... It sounds all too familiar, the night sweats. :upset: In my case, I've been able to link it to anxiety. We're all different, but maybe that could be part of it? You've been through quite a bit of an upset recently, to put it mildly.
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Oh Tips I didn't know they could be caused by anxiety, that makes perfect sense but how the hell do I stop them......?! Apart from not being anxious of course :H
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Good morning, Kids are still sleeping and I'm just having my first cup of coffee. Bliss. AND it's Saturday so no school and work to rush off to... My body is almost in shock. I'm on holiday-I can take it easy-wow! Feels good. Tips-your evening sounded wonderful. No "grrrs" from me (yet). Chill-I agree with Tips about the night sweats being anxiety. I've been getting up at four am the last few days because of anxiety -but now a big glass of water (and pee) and I'm able to go back to sleep after meditating for 15 minutes or so. OK-off to warm up my cupper-be back.

Comment

Just googled it and causes are:
            pre menopause :no:
            side effect of anti depressants :no:
            early sign of cancer :shocked:
            AL withdrawal :no:
            Hot bedroom :H

Good morning Expat, very glad it's Satuday too, still dark here and very cold, I'm going to make some tea and come back to bed....
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;1024501 wrote: Oh Tips I didn't know they could be caused by anxiety, that makes perfect sense but how the hell do I stop them......?! Apart from not being anxious of course :H
              In my case, the baclofen I take is no longer so much for AL, but to keep anxiety in check. It is still, and has always been, something I've been prone to. I AM getting better at managing it and using other tools, so there is progress.

One of the biggest benefits I have gotten out of psychotherapy has been the ability to recognise early-onset anxiety. It all starts with self-awareness - something I used to be terrible at. Instead of getting caught up in the moment and carried away by it, I have learnt to kinda observe myself like a fly on the wall would. It makes for good comedy at times

I dunno, Chilli... you have to experiment. Valerian has a calming effect. Have you kept up with meditation? Soothing music before bed?
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Well Chill-not to freak you out but a friend of mine went through pre menopause at 38. And she had the night sweats. BUT, I still think it's probably anxiety. Not that I'm Dr. Ex or anything:H.

Comment

Morning, Expatticus

The cubs and their cousin are all still in dreamland - even though it's almost 10.00 a.m. Where did my ability to sleep late go???

Yay for you!!! Being on holiday is the best! Mine starts on the 31st of December, and I'm only going back to work on the 19th of January. Can't wait
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1024505 wrote: In my case, the baclofen I take is no longer so much for AL, but to keep anxiety in check. It is still, and has always been, something I've been prone to. I AM getting better at managing it and using other tools, so there is progress.

One of the biggest benefits I have gotten out of psychotherapy has been the ability to recognise early-onset anxiety. It all starts with self-awareness - something I used to be terrible at. Instead of getting caught up in the moment and carried away by it, I have learnt to kinda observe myself like a fly on the wall would. It makes for good comedy at times

I dunno, Chilli... you have to experiment. Valerian has a calming effect. Have you kept up with meditation? Soothing music before bed?
                    Great post Tips. I have had very similar experiences with anxiety-and years of therapy has helped to "recognise early-onset anxiety" as you said.

Comment

I thought I was managing my anxiety pretty well, especially this last week but I guess we never know quite what's lurking in our subconscious.

Anyway it's a good way to loose weight while you sleep :H so more chocolate for me today!

Expat are you on holiday now till after Christmas?
                      What bout you Tips what hols have you got?
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Sorry Tips just saw you mention your hols.... Fantastic!
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;1024511 wrote: Sorry Tips just saw you mention your hols.... Fantastic!
                          We're going to the Eastern Cape, Chill - a place called Jefffrey's Bay - surfer's paradise (we'll be settling for boogie boards, though). We've rented a house which is literally right across the road from the beach.

Which parts of SA did you see when you visited?
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I'm actually on holiday till Monday 3 January. Since I teach, there are are no classes. This is good and bad. I really do need a break but that is a lot of free time on my hands. Didn't Mario make a comment about "idle hands..":H I'll just have to come up with some positive plans to keep myself occupied. Been making lists.

Comment

Your holiday sounds great Tips!

Comment

Working...
                              X