Army Thread Saturday 18th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Oney! But the little one will be safe here! Thank God I can give her that! We are kind of "poor" but we have a warm and cosy home here. And a lot of love. I'll try to check in later but sure for the morning --weather report does not sound good for the night or Sunday so I may have three kids to take care of until at least Monday. I actually love the idea of being here for a child:l Always wanted a big family:H. Hanging in there and things are good. And I'm helping someone else-KARMA and all that but just what should be-PEACE:h

Comment

Awwhhh I kinda want you to adopt me now!! You are a good person Expat and your kids and the adopted one are lucky to have you xxxxx

Money cannot buy love or a safe secure feeling....and you are rich in those xx
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Good luck expat3 - it takes a village to raise a child as they say... I have 3 kids of 19+ and a wee 'un of 32months, done my fair share of waifs and strays too (never intended to be the "world's smallest earth mother" as a friend once put it) all i know is they need to feel loved, accepted, that a no is a no, a yes is a yes and if i'm down on how they've behaved, that is not the same as being down on them personally. Now i've got to do some growing up/parent me and sort the AL out once and for all.... still, i have found my balls and they will be hanging soon - as will i be when i pop the 2 valiums.... g'night all, sweet dreams

(Chillgirl i said sweet not sweat !! btw no chance it's thyroid related ? What's left of my brain cell vaguely recalls links between the damage done by AL, deficiencies etc & that thyroid probs can come on slowly, just a thought)

Comment

Evening All.
          Well, my planned walk in the hills has been cancelled due to the extreme weather so I got scrubbed up and went to my works Christmas do. I took the car and drove some grateful young 'uns to the hotel, stayed for a couple of hours and made my exit. It was good to see them all enjoying themselves, but I was glad to go. I've realised that it's not part of who I am or what I do any more. It's guaranteed that some will make an arse of themselves, but it won't be me.
          Of to bed now with a scary book and a smile.
          Goodnight

Comment

I guess at this time I should be starting tomorrows thread but im just going to bed so here I am,

Pops I know exactly what you mean about it not being part of who you are any more, when I'm at the rare do I actually go to I'm always struck by the thought "God are they all still doing that same old drunk thing?!" that was so 90's don't you think :H

Expat - hope all is well with you and the kids

Kelvie - fingers x'd I took some valerian half an hour ago and hoping it helps with the sweats.....
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
            X