Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 19th December

Morning lovelies.
    Not sure what I am doing awake at this hour as its a Sunday, but here I am and I dont even have an essay to finish!!!
    I am hoping to see my brother and his family today for our Christmas get together. Neither of us wants to do anything on the day itself but of course want to see each other around this time of year. I havent seen him since the funeral. So its been a while.
    Very much looking forward to saying goodbye to this year and welcoming in 2011. I am hoping for a more peaceful and secure one for myself.
    See ya all when you get out yer pits!!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Just read this post from Popeye. Wonderful. Thanks Pops xx

Evening All.
    Well, my planned walk in the hills has been cancelled due to the extreme weather so I got scrubbed up and went to my works Christmas do. I took the car and drove some grateful young 'uns to the hotel, stayed for a couple of hours and made my exit. It was good to see them all enjoying themselves, but I was glad to go. I've realised that it's not part of who I am or what I do any more. It's guaranteed that some will make an arse of themselves, but it won't be me.
    Of to bed now with a scary book and a smile.
    Goodnight

Comment

Morning Starty and thank you.
      I should still be asleep but my cat won't let me. She was spayed on Friday and I can't let her out until her wound heals, but she keeps trying.
      I'm going to try and get an hour or two on the couch. It's the only place she lets me sleep for some weird, feline reason.
      Have a lovely Sunday friends.

Comment

Your cat is lively one for sure Pops!
        Snuggling on the couch is wonderful, grab a blankie and put the fire on.
        Sweet dreams xx

Comment

:hallo:
          Still in bed, having 1st coffee
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hey army folk i'm putting in my last post for this year as orf soon to my paradise place with all 10 dogs & 2 horses.
            So, i thought i'd pop on here & say a few things, if that's ok.
            firstly, thanks. you lot & the undies have been so great to turn to when i'm knee-deep in something warm & brown.even though the time zones have been shite, at least i'll get a response from you lot instead of the undies snoring their heads off!
            zenners : i miss you! you've been so fun to chat with & although i haven't seen you around for a bit i hope to catch up with you SOMETIME over the New Year......
            One2 : you always make me laugh....such a wicked sense of humour i just can't help but think you would be the coolest person in real life.
            starters : you've been very kind & thoughtful to me for which i thank you, selfishly i never thought to ask you how YOU were going & I really hope that 2011 can be a year of happiness for you.
            the great JC ; i can never tire of calling you that, & i hope others don't mind with my irreverence to Christianity & Cathlocism ( as past Irish, I'm a baptised Roman Catholic so i reckon i could be absolved of my sins : it's called laughing at one's self). you are a lovely polite & caring lady.
            jan : haven't had a heap of time with you but you seem so upbeat, & warm & lively lady with a GREAT bird....
            my darling Ktab : a special place in my heart for you. a genuine, caring, warm man. can i rent you for a while? it would do me the world of good!
            tiptronic : you're a truly madcap loveable person, always with such VERVE for life & quick-witted. send tigger down here to Oz land & i'll show him what for.
            mario : eternally wise from a personal baptism of fire. i read you on helpyourself24/7 & sorta followed you here, but i'm not a stalker!!!you are someone i would love to talk to.
            bettty boop : you are so very very thoughtful, always one to send a little message of support & cheer when you can. thank you for your help to me by the way.
            stirly-girly : what can i say. physically & emotionally you are truly beautiful. the messages you have sent me have been so very kind they bring a widdle moisture to the corner of me eye......i would love to talk to you sometime.
            ok,hope that got most of the regs. i'll be reading for a bit over the next 24 hrs so if there's anyone i've missed...
            prolly expat,popeye & spuddleduck....i'm sorry but i don't really know you guys that well but i think you're all pretty cool & would love to converse more with you.....stay well.

over the next few weeks, i'll be spending time in the :sun: with my :dog: & using the :toilet: after cooking some :sausages: on the barbie but that's prob too much information, but be rest assured that i'll be keeping my :bust: oops i mean :eye: on you all thru my mobile if i can. thank you all army, i love you.

Comment

Morning *yawn* what the hell am I doing awake?! This is just plain silly :nutso:
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Starts, hope you get to see you Brother today :l
                Tips - coffee please!
                Pops - I'm with you on the sofa
                Beagle - happy holidays to you! It sounds just wonderful But yes way to much info :H
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

oh shit sorry chillgirl i did forget you!!!
                  of everyone, you do epitomise the sanity in sobreity, never questioning, just knowing it is right. i want to thank you so much also as you responded everytime i posted...ummm,like now for instance. Merry Christmas Chill & everyone.

Comment

Hey Beags.. No worries
                    "sanity in sobriety"..........I like that!

Ok I've only had 3 hours sleep and Tips still didn't bring me any coffee so I guess I'm going to have to get up and make my own.....
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Yeah now you have scuppered my fun :H:H:H

Comment

Ooops guess you saw the mate post.....
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Twas just an innocent question......

Comment

startingover;1025097 wrote: Twas just an innocent question......
                            Yea and can you tell me....do bears shit in the woods?!
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;1025098 wrote: Yea and can you tell me....do bears shit in the woods?!
                              I dont think so......

Comment

Working...
                              X