• Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone heard from Spuddleduck?

I miss her posts...and am worrying....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Mama I haven't seen our feather friend around for at least a couple of weeks......
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

darn it all

Comment

SHOUT OUT FOR SPUDDLEDUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where are you Spuds.....we love you....please check in
        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

I'll ring her tomorrow.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hello sweet peeps. dont worry im still waddling and flapping. havent been on the site for a couple of weeks and came on today (lots of new posts to read) and found this.... hey mama b you must have been sending thought waves out to me.
            ive been hibernating as ive been drinking and feeling crap. well drinking a couple of times a week but serious binges, then staying in bed feeling crap and not 'getting it'. i think and hope ive hit one of those moments where i can re-assess things (hmm yet again, ive said this before). last Wed i had my work christmas lunch and was really pleased that i didnt drink. so pleased that i came home and went straight out to the pub.?????? needless to say it all went horribly wrong.. i was refused a drink late on as i was so pissed... threw my glass (at the floor.... thank god) and got dragged out... never to go back again. NOT GOOD!!!! IS THIS WHAT A MONSTER I TURN INTO ... YES!!!!
            any way after lots of time in bed feeling so awful im hoping (yes i know hoping is not good enough but its all i can do right now) this has made me wake up to the shit im getting back to. recently ive been drinking on a monday as i dont work on tuesday and can 'enjoy' a hangover. NOT TODAY. nothing would make me take a drink today.... long may it continue.
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Spuds welcome back darlin :l...... you know the insanity in it all so lets get you back on track, get rid of any AL in the house for starters and give yourself some healthy rewards for not drinking. You CAN do this and checking in here will help too....
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Oh sweetie...it's MWO karma that we were all worrying about you......PLEASE stay in touch and let's figure out how to make it stick.
                I am not the best role model as I drank after 45 days, but I am gonna start over....Day 2...I will be holding your wing the whole way

Comment

Just got back and saw this post, but spuds has beat me to it. I spoke with her last week(I think), and we've been in the same sort of place I think - not geographically, although we are actually in the same part of the country.

Anyway spuds just wanted to say that was exactly what I used to do. Either not drink, or restrain myself until I was on my own. Crazy. I'm feeling better at the moment and going to resume my counsellor trips(although I don't want to I think needs must). Oh and a certain, infamous off licence chain refused me service the other week because it was my 3rd purchase of the day. I was a bit wonky but I just went to a supermarket down the road instead.

Oh the shame.

Perhaps us Cumbrians will get it one day.

Comment

UK..you are in Cumbria, too? I am so sorry to hear of your troubles.....you have been such a rock to me in the past.....and I know you will be again soon

Comment

Working...
                    X