FoxNews.com - Amazing Spectacle: Total Lunar Eclipse Monday Night

Lunar Eclipse.

Deadly!! Would love to see it!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

Cool! Really strange to see the moon turn this color - The Moon. It's at a fairly reasonable hour too, so I don't have to stay up until or wake up at 4 a.m. or anything. Thanks Popeye!
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

Just checked and unfortunately our weather forecast is for thunderstorms tonight so no clear skies here......
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

I've been reading about it, hoping I make it long enough to see since it's supposed to be GREAT here tonight around midnight. I once was able to witness a total solar eclipse, and it was fabulous. So great to see things NOT (mis)managed by humans!! :H
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

Just heard it will be 1:30 am EST til 3:30 am EST, so Im gonna stay up/be up to see it, and will be clear skies here also. Luv stuff like this, and I set my alarm usually to watch the space shuttle night launches too..amazing, but better if closer to cape canaveral, which Im on the other coast of FL. Good thing Im not getting up early for anything tommorow.
            AF since 10/14/2010...

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

Cloudy here it is supposed to be in about an hour so I will not see it!
              Oh well not enough to drive me to drink

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

Well, I was lucky enough to see the shadow of the earth cover the moon about two minutes before it clouded over. It turned a lovely reddy-bronze colour. It sounds really daft, but for a couple of seconds it was as if I could hear/feel the power/energy of the solar system grinding to a halt, like in the Superman movie when he turned back time. (Told you I was crazy)
                Good stuff

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

FREAKED I missed it, sounds great Pops.
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

Bah humbug overcast here earlier so no lunar eclipse or sunrise on winter solstice visible this morning.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

It's supposed to be happening here in OZ at the moment. But I live three quarters up an escarpment and the moon is hidden by huge eucalypt and rainforest trees!!!
                      I'll have to watch it on TV tomorrow night!!

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

That sounds like a pretty good view you have their already Rags.
                        I've never seen rainforest....Another of my many travel ambitions.

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

My Husband got up and watched it- he said at one point it was the color of a penny- very cool.
                          Right now it's 6:20 a.m. and it looks like a big spot light in my back yard.
                          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

Here's a shot I took earlier-just the full moon...

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1459491=6087-attachment.jpg[/img]
                            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Lunar Eclipse.

Popeye;1026176 wrote: Well, I was lucky enough to see the shadow of the earth cover the moon about two minutes before it clouded over. It turned a lovely reddy-bronze colour. It sounds really daft, but for a couple of seconds it was as if I could hear/feel the power/energy of the solar system grinding to a halt, like in the Superman movie when he turned back time. (Told you I was crazy)
                              Good stuff
                              Can you imagine what an event like this must have been like for our ancient ancestors? Kind of takes us back to the good ol' collective unconscious, I think! You're not crazy, Popeye, just in sync with the universe!

I wish I'd had a telescope (with a camera attached). Also a reclining chair - it was straight overhead at one point. But what an amazing sight to see it go from a small shadow moving over it, to the reddish color with just a sliver of light left on the edge, to total coverage. It looked like those paintings of the planets in the solar system, more like Jupiter than the moon.

We had only a few very thin clouds, mostly clear, and unseasonably warm - nice if you want to be outside in the middle of the night.

​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X