AF Boot CAMP DAY 38 (Santa Baby)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTENTION. Y'all know that every X-Mas season I dress up as Santa for the base Christmas Party. We've all made tremendous strides this year. We need to hold those gains. I don't think anything more clearly illustrates MWO Boot Camp progress that sound data. Here are my before and after pics...

Sarge Christmas 2009

Sarge Christmas 2010

Motivation:

Listen to your heart when it asks you to act with kindness. Your heart knows what truly fulfills you.

Listen to your heart when it suggests that you be patient. Your heart knows how real and lasting value is created.

Listen to your heart when it calls you to live this moment with joy. Your heart knows what makes you the most effective.

Listen to your heart when it urges you to see profound beauty in the most ordinary things. Your heart knows where your real strength comes from.

Listen to your heart when it reminds you to feel hopeful. Your heart knows about possibilities that your mind has not yet considered.

Whether you're up or you're down, whether you're confident or unsure, listen to your heart. For your heart knows why you're here.

Healthy Lifestyle:

MONDAY, Dec. 20 (HealthDay News) -- People who are seeking creative inspiration should try to look on the bright side, the results of a new study suggest.
    Canadian researchers used happy or sad video and music clips to put participants into different moods and then had them learn to classify sets of pictures with visually complex patterns.
    People in a happy mood were better able to learn a rule to classify the patterns than those with sad or neutral moods, said Ruby Nadler, a graduate student at the University of Western Ontario, and colleagues.
    The happy music used in the study was a lively Mozart piece, while the happy video featured a laughing baby. The sad music was from the movie Schindler's List, and the sad video was from a news report about an earthquake.
    "If you have a project where you want to think innovatively, or you have a problem to carefully consider, being in a positive mood can help you to do that," Nadler said in an Association for Psychological Science news release.
    The findings, published in the Dec. 15 issue of the journal Psychological Science
    , may explain why some people watch funny videos on their computers at work.
    "I think people are unconsciously trying to put themselves in a positive mood," Nadler suggested.

http://fitbie.msn.com/slideshow/weeks-worth-healthy-tips

Exercise:
    Kettlebells are a GREAT way to get a solid workout, build muscle, and lose fat. I like this profram from Women Health:

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitne...lebell-workout

Nutrition Tip:

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/recip...oil-variations

Merry Christmas to ALL you Boot Campers!!!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/45552=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

I think I may have met the "before" Santa
    but Im anxious to meet the "after" one!!!!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Where did " before" Santa's clothes go?...
      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Goodness! If "Sarge" continues this thread into January, I may just have to join! :H

Comment

Generally I don't much care for budgie smugglers, but I'll be happy to reconsider my position on this if the 'after' Santa is in them.
          Fen, you will be very welcome here. The motivation is alway excellent, as today's proves. Excellent information here Sarge.
          I'm getting more motivated in the kitchen and am making very healthy meals. Two nights ago I cooked my old favourite: tomatoes stuffed with garlic and Jarlsberg cheese, salt and pepper and a tiny dob of butter. I'd forgetten how good they were.
          :h Mish :h
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
          Remaining a perpetual possibility
          Only in a world of speculation.
          What might have been and what has been
          Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

I have very sad news. Our beloved mascot Saffy passed away yesterday, Let's keep her, Saphirre1 and family in our thoughts and prayers!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1459557=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Oh Saph, I'm so sorry. This is just darn sad.
              :h Mish :h
              sigpic
              Never give up...
              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
              Remaining a perpetual possibility
              Only in a world of speculation.
              What might have been and what has been
              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Just getting back from work. Spent some time at the Christmas market in Grand Central. They have it every year, and every year I avoid it. I guess I was always too anxious to get to the Oyster Bar or Michael Jordon's for drinks. Station was a bit stinky this evening, must be a yulelowtide thing. Off tomorrow as I have an appointment for my eyes at the VA. Will try and get to see my daughter Emma. Wishing everyone well. Thinking of you Saph! John

Comment

Alright you gift wrapping tinsel chewin butt wipes I hope yer having a little sumthin put aside for Old Sarge. Anyway I'm getting back in the spirit of things here, because...

On the twelfth day of Christmas MWO sent to Sarge
                  Twelve months of sobriety
                  Eleven boot camp members
                  Ten posts from Zenny & Saph
                  Nine hours with Nurse Jones
                  Eight new song by G-man
                  Seven Missy's swimming
                  Six chooks laying
                  Five rebuffs from Frog
                  Four grams of L-glut
                  Three friends Mish, Beags, & Dew
                  Two skimpy outfits from Oney and
                  A nightjar in a pear tree

Sarge is now communicating from a cave somewhere on the pakistani border where he'll have his traditional holiday dinner with goat herders!
                  Attached files [img]/converted_files/1459782=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

cute- um... but what about ME? just kidding....
                    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hi Bootcampers,

Thankyou all so much for your kind words and support for the passing of my darling Saffy.She put up a big fight to recover and she almost made it. I am so sad but at the same time releived that she is not longer in pain and depressed because of her paralysis. It has been a tough month for the family and we will miss her forever. She was one of those very special dogs who jumped right into the hearts of everyone who met her. I did not drink while nursing her around the clock during her illness and in honour of her will not drink over the Christmas period and beyond. THank you so much for the heartfelt poem John. I love you all Saff xx
                      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Working...
                      X