Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In need of a kick up the rear.. methinks

Haaa-hummm

Feeling gloomy for no good reason at all... taken my Antabuse but drifting towards 'romancing the bottle' and 'taking a break from Antabuse'.

NOT GOOD and NOT LOGICAL and NOT what I want, even though I seem to want it. Not making any sense, either.

Arrrgh. Ok, would someone kindly knock some sense into me? Please?
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Woh, back the truck up GG. I'm feeling the same way too since my little girl is gone for the night and had to really reign myself in.
    You don't want to do that anymore then I do.

Comment

Will these do?

NOT GOOD, NOT WISE,NOT LOGICAL.NOT WHAT YOU WANT.NOT WHAT I WANT.

Shall I stop now
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

No..no.. keep going JC! :H

Thanks Gia and JC. Dunno what the heck is going on today but trying to be PROactive for a change.

Comment

I think it's the season, the weather... I really thought about getting a bottle of red. I can go out and get one now if I wanted too. But, I really don't want to. I'm so used to being with my girl all day and busy with her that I just don't know what to do with myself really. Idle hands really are the devils playground. I'll find something.

You don't need it GG, you'll feel like shit afterwards for so many reasons then have to spend the next 2-3 days just trying to get your body back to normal again.

Comment

Sunni its time you took control and told that voice in your head to Fuck the hell Off, you are in charge of your mind and your thinking not the drain cleaner you used to pour down your throat

You can do it, take the control back

Dewdrop :h
            Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Bit smaller this time GG but you get the idea.

Like Gia said 2/3 days to get off the antabuse, then feeling crap. Is it worth it?
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thank you guys. Ok, getting verbally abusive with voices in head. And no.. not worth it. You're right as I knew you would be.

Comment

First of all, consider your butt kicked and kicked again. You have to have at least three days off the Antabuse to drink without the danger of side-effects that can be deadly. Then you would have to go through another 3 days AF in order to start them again during which the stinking drinking thoughts will be going round and round in your head. Which was already in bad shape from hanging out with AL. You do NOT want to go there Sunnybutt. You've already been there and you didn't like it.
                  As for feeling gloomy for no reason - there may be a good reason you don't feel positive. You've mentioned many times that you don't like the "after Fall" season. A lot of people don't and remember there is that SAD thing..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder that affects a lot of people. Perhaps you can get some medication to help with that. If not, you have to work your head around it. You live in a place that gets a real "after Fall" season with lots of snow and cloudy, freezing days. You can't change that but you can change how you look at it. Each day that passes is a day closer to Spring. And you live in a gorgeous place - your home in the woods is one many people can only dream of having. Look around and see the beauty that is there, even on a cold, dismal day. You live in the heart of nature. Embrace it, even if it is cold and icy.
                  And tell AL to go to hell. He has no place in your WinterWonderLand. Sending you...:h
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I saw a really great suggestion in another thread yesterday:

If her hubby ends up coming by I will offer to go with him to some AA meetings again. He never took me up on it previously. Other than that, I feel quite helpless.
                    Maybe ask the poster to take you instead? She's in your area, I believe.
                    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

dancelot;1025948 wrote: I saw a really great suggestion in another thread yesterday:

:H:H:H Dance, you rock sweet girl....
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

:H:H:H

Thank you Dance. Unfortunately, there are only 2 meetings a week.
                        But yes, you are right... There are plenty of OTHER things I can do.

Thanks guys, you are the best. I'm already feeling a bit better :l

Comment

GG bend over girl, I have my hog nailed boots on.
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

dancelot;1025948 wrote: I saw a really great suggestion in another thread yesterday:

:H:H:H

Touche!
                            I'll do whatever it takes
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Bend over? The doc hasn't cleared me yet! :egad:

Oh. Wait. Boots. Right.
                              Many thanks :H

Comment

Working...
                              X