In need of a kick up the rear.. methinks

Oh dear...

:H:H:H
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hiya Sunni!

Don't forget you've got through this sort of thing before, so remember how. You mentioned being 'pro-active'. Essential mode of thinking to move forward and up. For me, being pro-active, and taking action, doing, is the difference. Don't forget our maaaagnificent https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html either. AA meetings can be really helpful to get our minds back on the job.

Best wishes, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

sunshine_gg;1025962 wrote: Bend over? The doc hasn't cleared me yet! :egad:

Oh. Wait. Boots. Right.
        Many thanks :H
        :wow: :blush:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I said bend over, not assume the position :wow:
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I kicked yer butt too. Didn't you feel it....

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Unfortunately, there are only 2 meetings a week.
              Put them on your schedule (just sayin'.... ).

You will also get a list of phone numbers of members - I would imagine this is used a lot in areas where there are fewer available meetings. Having some live and local backup never hurts. Sort of like MWO in 3-D.
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Yo Eggy!

Fair play to you for coming here and asking for help BEFORE you pick up the booze.

BIG BIG Kudos for that!!
                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I'm over the worst. Whew. Did not like that one bit.

Gia, hun.. how are you doing? You're so right.. we do NOT need to go there again.

Stirly, I did feel a dainty bump on me humongous rump... a girly one, I s'pose
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hiyah darlin'! I'm doing good now. The sun is setting and I've got all my Christmas lights on and I'm going to get into my jammies..and I don't care how early it is..and just relax all night at home watching episodes of 'The Tudors'.

This song is hitting the spot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udkaq7odKJo[/video]]

Comment

Nice one Gia and Eggy!!!!
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

eeeeek, glad that's over!! A bottle is a tunnel with no light at the end of it... good on you for seeing the oncoming (unlit) train and realising you need to get out of the way !! As you have had your arse kicked, may i respectfully suggest you go and wash your mouth out with lemon juice and water or mate tisane - anything useful like that - & don't forget to swallow !!! If i had a euro for every time my inner dipso talked me into just a glass, few glasses, bottle, oh shite, it's finished, but no worries i'll wash it down with a couple of beers i could fly over to yours and give you a big arse kicking hug - this time of year is the pits in many ways... only a dumb ass alkie like me could possibly consider stopping drinking now - but, hey, i'm not the only one, the folks here have said some very true things - please keep up your good work - it's inspiring to others, especially newbies like me !! Whatever you have been thinking, as long as you don't act on it you're still winning !!

Comment

Way to go Sunni and BB for riding that Tsunami Crave Wave and not letting it beat you!! Makes you want to take up surfing don't it??
                          BB-I wish I was home right now in my jammies and with the lights on-so glad i put them up this year!
                          Sunni-Next time that wave looms over you, go take the doggies for a walk in that winter wonderland of yours and then make a nice mug of hot chocolate when you come in.
                          You guys rock for not giving in and for coming here first!!

:l :h
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

kelvie;1026002 wrote: this time of year is the pits in many ways... only a dumb ass alkielike me could possibly consider stopping drinking now - but, hey, i'm not the only one, the folks here have said some very true things - please keep up your good work - it's inspiring to others, especially newbies like me !! Whatever you have been thinking, as long as you don't act on it you're still winning !!
                            Kelvie, in my opinion there's no time like the present. There are always going to be holidays, or weddings, or birthdays, or parties, or vacations, or something when there will be lots of drinking going on (or so we believe). Commitment and doing the work, getting past every little urge, never picking up the first one, etc. It does change and it gets easier and eventually it's not such a big deal (holidays and such).

Talk about crazy - and I'm not recommending anyone try this - I went out to club when I was one week AF. I had been looking forward to seeing the performer for awhile, and wasn't going to stay home. I had my plan in place and followed through. It was a big confidence booster (but I don't for a minute get big headed about). It's about doing the work, every time. Good luck on your journey (and welcome)!
                            ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Sunny, check out the thread in newbies entittled "My Notes on Alchohol" by keyners. It is excellent! Also remember that thoughts and urges to drink are part of the process of quitting and antabuse does not take those thoughts away, nothing but time and hard work can do that for you! The urges and thoughts to drink were constant for me when I had stopped drinking. They were nearly every day up to about six months AF. So figure out what you really want to do, drink or live alcohol free. If alcohol free is your choice, arm yourself with the tools that you need to push through not matter what! Sunny, walking through the fire is so worthwhile!
                              Best Wishes,
                              Kate
                              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Thank you Dancelot, totally agree The paradox for me is that having gone thru AL problems years ago, i seem to have developed a safety mechanism and never drink when i'm out, wouldn't dare cos i know how i used to be!! This time round, the problem has been i drink when i'm alone and have gotten into the habit of avoiding people in order to do so... Al free is going to be the solution now. But what the heck, wherever you are, alone or not, there is no time like the present

Comment

Working...
                                X