Army Thread Tuesday 21st December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one2many;1026173 wrote: Thats shite hon, what time do you leave on Thurs?? Hopefully it will get better by then, otherwisw i will send Wob down in the snow gritter for you xx
    Flight due out thur evening but bound to be serious delay. Time for a plan B me thinks :scratchinhead:
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning Campers--Lovely day here freezing cold, snow etc. but Mr Anon in happy mood with me.
      I am off for a run in me spikes!
      Sorry about Saphy's dog we had to have our two lovely cats put to sleep in July I had no idea until then how it can break your heart to lose a pet.
      Hope thing improve for you ktab weatherwise--We had -17 here last night according to nortwest news. My daughter coming from Norway tomorrow is in for a bit of a shock.

Comment

Glad to hear things are going good for you Anon, onwards and upwards hon ! You sound GREAT!
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Always good to have a 'Plan B' Ktab.

I feel for Sapphire. I know what she's going through....and my thoughts are also with Accountable For Me.

Winter Solstice (also known as Yule) today, All the druids and wiccan folk are freezing their gonads off watching the sunrise and the eclipse and celebrating renewal and rebirth. I don't know if it's a good omen or not that they occured on the same day, but I'm taking it as a good thing. It all makes me think about the elemental, universal forces and how very insignificant I am on the grander scale of things.
          Anyway, I feel alive and grateful this morning.
          It seems there was some trouble at the works Xmas do after I left. One of my many bosses had a fight with another one of them involving copious amounts of alcohol and an ongoing girlfriend issue (she also works with us) and and as a result they've been put on different shifts pending an investigation and this has left my little department short-handed. I must have had a dozen people tell me that they wished they hadn't been drinking at the party, and realising that being sober is not quite the crazy idea they thought it was. A silver lining, for me at least, is that if anything comes of it, I'm in line for a promotion. I'm not wishing these guys bad luck, that I may benefit from, but it's rare for me to be in the right place at the right time and if nothing comes of it I'll be pleased for them both. I'm happy to have any job right now.

Comment

Wow Pops!! Christmas parties can be a nightmare......I don't think I have ever been at one where something didn't "go down" and there was red faces the next day.

I think I will celebrate renewal and rebirth today, seems fitting somehow...

I personally hope you get a promotion

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Morning Tips,cirly wirly stirly girly,Expat,Chills,Oners,mario,Ktabbers,Mrs A, Pops and all those yet to drop by.

Tips, I left the daughter home alone for the 1st time when she was 15 and went to work. She promptly fainted in the shower so the boss had to bring me home. Any way her and the son and heir were back at Granma's the following day.

Pops, another 10 points for sobriety.

Well this morning I've got a Russian visitor. Chestykov he's accompanied by that well know Native American ..........Running Nose. Pass the tissues.

Anon, give us a min and I'll post that picture of you winning your race.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ho ho ho ho unwelcome visitors JC.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Here is our Mrs A winning her race in Spain.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Anon....and on....and on...and on..

You bleedin ROCK girl!

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Ach, well see Oney.
                      I've had a runny nose since 2008 JC...honestly. I can't go anywhere without a snotcatcher in my pocket.
                      And Mrs. A....OUTSTANDING

Comment

Oh we have a cunning plan if the son and heir can't get up from Leeds. We're going to stick everyone in the car and go to him. I even found an old box of dominoes on the book shelf. Haven't played it for years as it's pointless just the two of us. You need a few more.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Some pics I took this morning....except the car, which was last week.

Comment

DEADLY JC...all fall down, when I was a kid I used to LOVE stacking them up and watching them all knock each other and fall down like dead soldiers!

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Awwhhh Pops, Beautiful pics!!!! Gonna rob one for my Christmas screensaver!

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

You have a mental amount of snow!!!

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X