How big is the love!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(((Star)))) It was great talking to you, had to concentrate hard at first, though my hubby Joe is from Ireland the Scottish accent has a different cadence AND you are a fast talker! Joe even had a little trouble at first talking with you but he enjoyed it and got off the phone for a while with a deeper Irish brogue! So funny.

You can do this Star, take baby steps as we talked and pm me anytime you are in a midst of a panic attack at my e-mail and I'll try and call you. I've got your number in my address book now :l

Comment

Great stuff Star. Baby step's makes a lot of sense to me. Go for it. x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Star, I've not been around much so only just saw this ...............

I went through the same thing before I found MWO ........... It is really hard so I applaud you ........... you are doing great hun .........

Love & Hugs, BB xxx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Starlight...
          Thank YOU for your example.

Comment

Hello my dear old friend Star. An old friend of ours told me to check in on you. You know who. I have been away from here for over a year, but when I heard you were back I had to come back to give you my support. Like in the old days when we were all buddies.

I may have left the site, but I have never left my old friends behind. Some special ones still live in my heart. We have shared some trying times - they still live on for both of us. I always needed you as much as you needed me. That is how it has always been for us. Right now I hope you remember your old friend. I know you know I will always be there for you. If you need me now, I am here.

I will call you.

Mags
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Thank you guys.........each and every little bit of support helps me, when I am feeling overwhelmed. It comes in waves.........I alternate between despair and hope.

Popeye, I can`t thank you enough for your support.

MAGS :l :l :l Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will always love you. When I was battling the booze..........you gave me strength, when so often I felt I had none. I owe a huge percentage of my sobriety to yourself, Don, Cindi, hart, flip, aboutimetoo, Irish, XTexan and so many others............loads of people from whom I learned so very much. I would not be sober today, had I not happened upon MWO one night when horribly drunk, only to find you all waiting to lift me up.

I am not so good this morning, although I have managed to walk the dog on my own. I get most of my groceries delivered now, but...........I haven`t got Christmas dinner etc. in, so.........am trying to find the guts to do a super-quick trip to supermarket.........not looking good..........feel like throwing up at the very thought of such an outing.

Wish me luck. Am thinking that I can`t do this, yet hoping that I can.............

Star xxx
              Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

:blush: I failed........the thought of taking such a big step as making a short trip to the supermarket was just too much for me today, especially as the taxi companies have no cars available........that alone was enough to deter me.

I know the cure lies in the places and experiences we fear, but knowing and doing are worlds apart. Am trying to keep my pecker up, for tomorrow is a new day and perhaps I can be stronger tomorrow..........am holding onto that thought for now.

Star x
                Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Star,
                  So sorry to read that you are having such a tough time at the moment.
                  I know first hand how awful panic attacks are.
                  Wishing you all the best for tomorrow and hoping it is indeed a better day for you.
                  Amelia x
                  Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hang in there, hon.....you're doing great. Going to the market the day before Christmas eve would have been hectic. Hell, I have to go out today and I'm dreading it.

I'm glad you spoke with Hart.....and I'm so glad Mags checked in! We all love you, Star.

Don

Comment

Hi Star, so sorry you are have hard time at the moment, and yet you show so much courage and strength (as always)!!! You are an inspiration to all of us. I have only one tiny suggestion to offer. When you begin to feel some/any fear coming on, tell your brain to "stop, say "next" for the next thought to flow -- do not fixate or analyze any thought, let it just pass by and focus on your breathing. Give your brain a much needed rest.

I have suffered from panic, anxiety and depression for over a decade. No pills, hospitals, doctors could help to alleviate my pain and fear. I have had NO anxiety/panic for over three months (huge time frame for me) basically, I think, because I have forced myself to think (less) in the way I described above (plus I've been sober too). Sounds so simple, simplistic even, but somehow seems to be working for me.

Stay healthy, sleep and eat well, take baby steps and give your brain some rest. Love you, Janka
                      Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X